Ohvale MiniGP bikes

Seems like miniGP is finally catching on in the US. Kinda different here than in most places though, here it's mostly kids dirt bikes outfitted with street tires. High end pit bike racing is huge in Europe and churning out bad ass young racers. Now there's a few companies putting those engines in tiny GP bikes for adult training and to get kids into road racing.

I got to sit on a couple of these Ohvales at EICMA in Italy this year and they're pretty fuckin sweet. They make like 18hp at the wheel and weigh 150lbs with a full tank. They're like 6 Gs though which seems kinda nutty- you can get a nicely set up race ready KTM rc390 for the same cost!

DISCUSS

Re: Ohvale MiniGP bikes

Dirty30 Dillon /

High price tag, but that is kind of awesome. It's a hard pill to swallow when you can get a decent used Beta 300RR for that price.

> Dirty30 Dillon Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> High price tag, but that is kind of awesome. It's a hard pill to swallow

> when you can get a decent used Beta 300RR for that price.

yeah, but that would make a terrible road race bike.

there's the kayo 125s too. They're a little bigger and use a ttr125 clone engine. They're half the price but also half the hp and half the quality.

An older Cr80 with a decently set-up suspension would smoke this thing. And at 1/4 the cost.

> Daniel '' Wrote:

> An older Cr80 with a decently set-up suspension would smoke this thing.

> And at 1/4 the cost.

It absolutely would not. I've ridden real done up 85s and kx100s at track days. The 85s have a hard time matching pace with the 150Rs in the same class and from what I'm hearing from owners of these the lap times are even faster.

Josh herrin set the track record at Adams on one of these ohvalesEdited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/19/18 06:27PM by andysimpson.

I meant the ttr clone, not the 190. I dig the frames on the ohvales, mega light must be super well balanced from the way he's flopping that thing around. I wish I was able to do a few laps on one.

i like them...

> Daniel '' Wrote:

> I meant the ttr clone, not the 190. I dig the frames on the ohvales,

> mega light must be super well balanced from the way he's flopping that

> thing around. I wish I was able to do a few laps on one.

oh yeah definitely. They aren't in the same class. 80/85s are in super mini in most series and the kayos are F3.

yeah I was surprised sitting on one how actually wieldy they felt. I've ridden NSRs and Metrakits before and my limbs are just too dang long but the ohvale felt shockingly comfortable.

6k is pretty ridic though. you can get one without the ohlins suspension and with a Chinese motor for less, but like why?

Dirty30 Dillon /

> Dave & Bummerzz Wrote:

> > Dirty30 Dillon Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > High price tag, but that is kind of awesome. It's a hard pill to

> swallow

>

> > when you can get a decent used Beta 300RR for that price.

>

> yeah, but that would make a terrible road race bike.

Yeah, i guess if you're very invested in track riding it's not the same. I'm comparing apples to oranges, but only because I like oranges.

It would be great to just give these a lap and feel the power at half throttle, because I am a pansy

« Go to Topic — end of thread