Re: Battle of the Mini's! grom, zx125, benelli 135, lifan 150...

The Benelli is pretty sweet for a sport bike looking mini and I think just as much horsepower as the 150cc 4valve Spade. $2499 msrp and there's a used one near me for a great price. The over the top anime-esque sport look just doesn't do it for me but it is a great bike on paper anyway.

> DPC Ryan Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> The Van Van is $1500 more and still not highway legal here. Needs

> another 25cc.

In Georgia we don’t have those breakdowns anymore, it’s either a “moped” or a motorcycle. If I felt extra stupid my dumb little XL70 could go on the highway.

In that case I would still pocket the extra cash and rode the Spade. The your vlogger I mentioned went +1 on the front sprocket and consistently cruises over 70. That's fast enough for anything under an exit or two on the interstate here. Plus I think the Vanvan looks odd.

> DPC Ryan Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Plus I think the Vanvan looks odd.

That’s what I like about it. It looks like the motorcycle a 12 year old would draw, lol.

Vanvan!

Screenshot_20190111-082618_Instagram.jpg

^so goofy it's awesome, kind of like that Yamaha 200 fat tire thing...

tw200/ van van same idea

i had a TW, bought it almost by accident, it was sitting behind this radiator shop and the dude took it as payment, i gave him 300 bucks, only reason i bought it was because it was pink and purple and i thought that was awesome

turned out to be a great bike, super friendly, easy to ride, you can put anyone who has never ridden a motorcycle on that thing and they can ride it instantly.

beauty is in the eye of the beerholder or whatever, but don't knock em till you try them they are great bikes and have an almost fanatical cult like following.

I had a tw200 also, it was cool and tractored over everything. Had a DR200 at the same time. TW definitely had more power, or at least it felt that way - takeoff and top speed. but it was significantly less manageable offroad and it didn't have a title so I ditched it and kept the DR. turned out to be a massive mistake, but the TW was cool

I went and put a deposit on a Spade today. It's a 2019 and will have to be brought from the Carolinas but will take about a week. I'm not going to pick it up until my tax return comes through. While I was at the Kawasaki dealer that also sells Kymco I did get a chance to sit on a Z125 and I was quite unimpressed by the bike. It was a bit cramped, the seat slopes forward hard, and the bars seem lower than the seat (they are very close). The riding position felt like I was falling forward over the front end and the seat forced me up onto the tank. I also couldn't see the front wheel past the body work. The controls looked a bit odd and overall kind of cheap. It really made me feel better about deciding on the Spade, which even with a lower seat height felt like a much longer and more spacious bike with a far more natural riding position. The controls look more like a "normal" layout and had the same or better quality than the Kawi.

I had never considered the Z125 but now I am sure that was a good idea.

The 2019 Spade had the price bumped to $3,199 for some reason even though it's virtually unchanged from 18' but I'm going to work on the price if I can. All totalled I'll be paying (if I pay sticker) $3742 with tax and tag but no setup or delivery fee.

15479331587685178833356352793829.jpg

^ Congrats! A lot of money, but you should be able to enjoy that machine a good long time. Kymco is an excellent make, at least the scooters I have ridden were.... very impressive quality. Post pics when you get it!

Oh I surely will. The two year warranty and a dealer about 15 min away give me a good sense of security. The payments will only be 100-120 a month and I would likely pay it off sooner. For something that is worry free and turnkey (that fits through the front door of the house) I would gladly pay. I was really interested in the new Monkey but when I really sat and thought about it I felt I would be having to justify the purchase to people far too often and I might end up remorseful, and it is far more expensive than this even.

This will be FAR more useful than the Monkey. Excited to hear your experiences with it. Again congrats! Happy for ya!

« Go to Topic — end of thread