NPR Sucks

Jimmy Cincinnati /

Kfed Durst... your website was so full of it... that is the most left leaning news radio someone could find. Been listing to it for about a year now (since you suggested it) and it is so far left of the center its crazy.

So yeah, been wanting to articulate that for awhile now. Plus the OT forum has died recently.

Re: NPR Sucks

It's always good to have some leftwing stations when most media is controlled by evil right wing rich people.

Listen to all, can't hurt.

Jimmy Cincinnati /

It's always good to have some leftwing stations when most media is controlled by evil right wing rich people.

And people on the right say the same thing about left wing media... like how they control hollywood and can ruin peoples careers nowadays without even due process. I asked what was a more neutral source and Kevin suggest NPR last year... im game to listen to both sides of the argument but NPR is left as hell. There really is no good source of news nowadays... you pretty much gotta sort out the crap.

I eat food. i listen to all opinions and i know that we all like eating food.

I am pro food... also, npr calms me down when i get pissed. its hard to be angry with that smooth, smooth talkin. The jazz station works too.

Jimmy Cincinnati /

Problem is "All things considered" doesn't take into consideration all things. It should be "All things we consider relevant & pushes our agenda... considered" and be labeled as the deadliest broadcast on earth... with a dodge ball.

Andrew Squiggman /

Jimmy is butthurt

Jimmy Cincinnati /

Jimmy is butthurt

Bro i told you, i dont put stuff in my butt. Stop asking.

If you’re into conspiracy theories npr probably isn’t the place for you.

I like their "tiny desk" series. Damn liberals!

Jimmy Cincinnati /

If you’re into conspiracy theories npr probably isn’t the place for you.

Could be true, but it was none-conspiracy stuff that was mostly annoying me. Very one-sided. I didnt get the "all things were consider" vibe from "all things considered."

I like their "tiny desk" series. Damn liberals!

Its bad enough on the radio, dont ask me to dedicate screen time to it.

Jimmy Cincinnati /

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/npr/

NPR typically sources their information to credible sources such as the Washington Post

Never mind i feel better about them now

https://guides.lib.umich.edu/c.php?g=637508&p=4462444

I think they just rated Yahoo slightly right... what is wrong with the polling sites???Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/28/18 03:31PM by slipknot.

Man if you think ‘all things consdered’ is bad you should try to catch ‘democracy now’… that one is terrible.

I’m pretty ok with liberal bias in the news because I think its just kind-of natural for news reporting to take on a liberal slant as the natural check and balance to the fact that money and media is generally going to be more concentrated with establishment interests, my big problem is that tax dollars go to funding NPR through the Corporation for Public Broadcasting and various other arts and humanities grants. A lot of the content is really good but some of it is just garbage. Democracy now, for example, really grinds my gears because its just flat out propaganda with a lot of charged language and shitty ‘reporting’.

I listen to NPR a fair bit just because it’s the only thing that isn’t ‘Clear Channel’ shit commercial radio in my part of the world, sometimes its good to challenge yourself to endure even the worst propaganda and force yourself to think critically about exactly what you disagree with and why. I’ve found that a lot of knee-jerk bias type reactions I have ingrained in me from family, tradition, job, etc. can and should be challenged. Its good to think about what their viewpoint is and why you think its wrong... you cant do that if you just sit in the echo chamber....

Democracy now does have a hard left bias, but its not propaganda. They report on real things happening domestically and globally. Also interviews with experts and professors to discuss issues at hand. Its a super low budget show that gives people insight into the things the main stream media ignores or grazed over. There has been a ton of things that I wouldn't have known about that have happened around the world if I wasnt reading al Jazeera and other countries publications. U.S. media is too black and white, left and right. If you're only being spoon fed your news from sources you want to hear it from, I guarantee that there is a fair amount of misinformation or at least the omission of details. Anyways you all can continue to be fodder for the capitalist system we are all slaves to.

Jimmy Cincinnati /

Man if you think ‘all things consdered’ is bad you should try to catch ‘democracy now’… that one is terrible.

I havent hear that... its NPR? Must be on when im not in my car. Its likely ive caught it in the middle and just didnt know the name of the segment.

I listen to NPR a fair bit just because it’s the only thing that isn’t ‘Clear Channel’ shit commercial radio in my part of the world

I think im just getting old, but sometimes i just dont want to listen to music. While NPR is annoying propaganda its at-least talk. Granted i disagree with a lot of what they say.

sometimes its good to challenge yourself to endure even the worst propaganda and force yourself to think critically about exactly what you disagree with and why.

Yeah i agree, its been interesting to see the "other" mind set and how obvious they are to some things i think about the situation.

Its not propaganda just becuase you dont want to it. Propaganda is: ideas or statements that are often false or exaggerated and that are spread in order to help a cause, a political leader, a government, etc. How is recognizing tragedy and inhumane treatment of people propaganda?

I dont know that i trust someone from ohio with a nu metal handle to be able to appropriately discern the political spectrum of the country

Andrew Squiggman /

> alex . Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I dont know that i trust someone from ohio with a nu metal handle to be

> able to appropriately discern the political spectrum of the country

Lol

> alex . Wrote:

> able to appropriately discern the political spectrum of the country.

Ziiiing

And it’s taxpayer funded.

Democracy Now! is an independent nonprofit organization funded entirely through contributions from listeners, viewers, and foundations and does not accept advertisers, corporate underwriting or government funding- if that’s what you mean by “taxpayer funded”

Im pretty sure he was talking about NPR, which is both taxpayer funded and donation funded

Jimmy Cincinnati /

I dont know that i trust someone from ohio with a nu metal handle to be able to appropriately discern the political spectrum of the country

I can understand, you have alot of lead in your water up in MI so your not thinking clearly. This might come as a shock but ohio is part of the country as well and we are entitled to opinions just like everyone else!

I had to remake my MA account several years ago when my PM box crashed and i could no longer get messages. Slipknot was just the first name to pop into mind to put as my new name up there. I use to like Slipknot years back, but dont listen to them anymore. Ive actually been an MA member since around 2003 or 2004.

Jimmy wrote: ` I can understand, you have alot of lead in your water up in MI so your not thinking clearly. This might come as a shock but ohio is part of the country as well and we are entitled to opinions just like everyone else!'.

LOL! Nailed it, Jimmy!

> Daniel '' Wrote:

> Its not propaganda just becuase you dont want to it. Propaganda is:

> ideas or statements that are often false or exaggerated and that are

> spread in order to help a cause, a political leader, a government, etc.

> How is recognizing tragedy and inhumane treatment of people propaganda?

Democracy now crosses the line from 'liberally slanted factual' into 'name calling and propaganda' ... a few weeks ago the host of a show on an interview with a guy from orange county repeatedly interchanged a bunch of popular slurs for 'republicans' in the interview, which was just an example i found particularly egregious. If you're a reporter and you are flat out using terms like 'racist hicks' for your subject, you are a shitty reporter, and only serving to sow further discord between people of opposing viewpoints.

The funding is kind of one of those political clusterfuck myth things, the way i see it is this, if you are trying to run a public radio station and the governement says 'here is 10,000 bucks for arts programming' and it goes to pay for arts programming, but then you take donation money and spend that on propaganda programming... its kinda like getting food stamps and freeing up your money to buy weed and booze. Eh probably not a good analogy, maybe its like giving a business a gov't tax credit to hire more people then they give the money they would have spent hiring people and give there executives a big xmas bonus...

point is the money kinda all goes to and ends up funding the same thing.

guess my point is, don't you think if you were a programmer or a producer responsible for someone (a 'reporter') in an interview flat out name calling their subject matter, you'd maybe tone it down a bit just out of general ethics? but no, i guess not.

Jimmy Cincinnati /

If you're a reporter and you are flat out using terms like 'racist hicks' for your subject, you are a shitty reporter, and only serving to sow further discord between people of opposing viewpoints.

I agree. Its impossible to have a discussion nowadays with out personal attacks or being lumped into some category. The irony is that someone is calling you a racist hick while they themselves are biased against you.

> Jimmy Cincinnati Wrote:

> able to appropriately discern the political spectrum of the country

>

> I can understand, you have alot of lead in your water up in MI so your

> not thinking clearly. This might come as a shock but ohio is part of the

> country as well and we are entitled to opinions just like everyone else!

This may come as a shock to you, but I'm not from Flint and am not lead poisoned. Its pretty shitty to make light of such an awful ongoing infrastructure disaster.

The algae bloom water is starting to show in your spelling, however.

Jimmy Cincinnati /

This may come as a shock to you, but I'm not from Flint and am not lead poisoned. Its pretty shitty to make light of such an awful ongoing infrastructure disaster.

You mean "pretty shitty" kind of like how you determined i was some ignorant rocker dude from ohio whom has no right to an opinion? Perhaps before you attempt to belittle someones opinion make sure you can handle the retort. Its called being a hypocrite.

The FCC fairness doctrine was eliminated by Republicans/conservatives

Jimmy Cincinnati /

The FCC fairness doctrine was eliminated by Republicans/conservatives

I was born in 86, it was alittle before my time but i can see isses with the FCC fairness doctrine in several different ways (some for, some against). Ill have to divulge deeper into it to honesty say if i agree with the decision or not. Im sure its ones of those topics that has alot of grey areas, like most of our politics.

Regardless, if something is to receive federal funding it should be as middle ground as possible.