Unknown manufacturer?

Anyone know who made these and when? Thanks!* Moved to this forum by grahammotzing

57AA97D9-B0C4-4B26-A516-ACCE098E028E.jpeg
1ECB3FCB-1F33-4598-98CB-BDEB13CA0938.jpeg

Re: Unknown manufacturer?

Downhill Harvey (OFMC) /

Sachs Mad-ass

Thank you!

The MadAss has been sold in the US as the Xkeleton Trickster, and under the Pierspeed and Tomberlin brands as the MadAss. In Canada, it was also sold as the AMG Nitro.

As of December 2014, the Madass 50 is once again available in the US in 49cc form, via a new distributor, Excalibur Motorsports of Chino, California. It is CARB certified for sale and use in the state of California.

wiki

Poorly designed exhaust. Your body drafts the fumes right back around you. Even worse if you had a windshield.

Anyone that owns one should refigure the exhaust to ground level. Their lungs will thank them.

There are all Chinese crap...Almost bought one a few years back. Great bikes.

Xkeleton Trickster

Do you have any idea what size carb it has? I believe the one I have is after market and I don't think the person I bought it from knew what they were doing when they owned it. They painted it green and when I bought it I thought it was an old motorcycle, but man was I wrong. Never have got to actually drive it yet. Thinking I am going to have to do quite a bit of work on it and as far as I know they don't make these anymore. Also, how am I supposed to tell what cc it is. I've read that the MadAss comes in 50cc and 125cc...didn't know if the Xkeleton Trickster was the same. I live in Georgia and if it's under 50cc you are not required to get a motorcycle licence or tag. One more question!! I only have a bill of sale because this was not the original owner and I don't know if you have to register it with a title or if it is indeed a moped. So many questions...sorry and thank you. I hope someone still reads this thread!

Re: Xkeleton Trickster

> James Howlett Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Do you have any idea what size carb it has? I believe the one I have is

> after market and I don't think the person I bought it from knew what

> they were doing when they owned it. They painted it green and when I

> bought it I thought it was an old motorcycle, but man was I wrong.

> Never have got to actually drive it yet. Thinking I am going to have to

> do quite a bit of work on it and as far as I know they don't make these

> anymore. Also, how am I supposed to tell what cc it is. I've read that

> the MadAss comes in 50cc and 125cc...didn't know if the Xkeleton

> Trickster was the same. I live in Georgia and if it's under 50cc you

> are not required to get a motorcycle licence or tag. One more

> question!! I only have a bill of sale because this was not the original

> owner and I don't know if you have to register it with a title or if it

> is indeed a moped. So many questions...sorry and thank you. I hope

> someone still reads this thread!

Anecdotally I have never seen a 50cc one, only 125's. Not to say they aren't out there, but there seem to be none in the midwest

And they still make puch? Its mopeds, you will figure out a way to make things work. I know it is more of a noped but I always liked the way they look.

Pushrod Fifty /

The 70cc should be cast into the side of the cylinder somewhere. You could Gove your insurance company the vin and just ask for a quote, they will have it on their screen exactly what it is.

If you dork it down a little it should fly as a moped.

The tomberlin version were originally imported by Moto scoot in Milwaukee, they were 49cc from the factory but a lot of them got 70 kits installed by the dealer. From like 06 to maybe 13? Moto scoot imported them, at some point the 125 came out, maybe like 10?

They have some decent components on them, but they are so heavy, like 200+ lbs. They are also geared painfully short from the factory.

yea it's pretty much your basic lifan horizontal honda clone motor. they dont all do a great job listing the displacement, but it should be cast into the cylinder on the right side, if not look on tboltusa.com, they sell a ton of those style motors and have a lotta detailed info on em

> James Howlett Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Do you have any idea what size carb it has? I believe the one I have is

> after market and I don't think the person I bought it from knew what

> they were doing when they owned it. They painted it green and when I

> bought it I thought it was an old motorcycle, but man was I wrong.

> Never have got to actually drive it yet. Thinking I am going to have to

> do quite a bit of work on it and as far as I know they don't make these

> anymore. Also, how am I supposed to tell what cc it is. I've read that

> the MadAss comes in 50cc and 125cc...didn't know if the Xkeleton

> Trickster was the same. I live in Georgia and if it's under 50cc you

> are not required to get a motorcycle licence or tag. One more

> question!! I only have a bill of sale because this was not the original

> owner and I don't know if you have to register it with a title or if it

> is indeed a moped. So many questions...sorry and thank you. I hope

> someone still reads this thread!

Those aren't mopeds. They are 4T with a 4speed manual. Like the Lazer and Cub

50cc, doesn't look like a toilet = moped

Just because a few select states in the US decided to exclude mopeds with gears doesn't make them less mopeds.

yea these are debatable. within the context of this site, you're not gonna find much info or help on those. within the spirit of restoring and customizing junky old 2 stroke mopeds, you're not gonna have a lotta crossover. if you rolled up on that to a rally or a ride tho, sure people'd ride with you, but you'd be left outta alotta the convos about the bikes we all know.

I think if you wanted to get super nerdy it's an underbone motorcycle, to the general public it's definitely the exact same thing as a moped, and to mopedders it's an oddball junker with good forks for my maxi project or whatever.

I think if you had this after a few mopeds it would work, but if you got this instead of a moped, in a more mopedarmy traditional sense, you'd miss alotta the vibe here.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account