Audio Book recommendations

Jimmy Cincinnati /

So im a pretty big A Song of Ice and Fire fan but have read the books and watched the show. Now im looking for something else to listen too on audio book while i work. It doesnt have to be Fantasy but does anyone have an recommendations?

Re: Audio Book recommendations

Angry Hipster /

Not an Audio Book, but Dan Carlin's Hardcore History Podcast, they are lengthy like a book and very interesting/entertaining. Also, many of the podcasts are free and can be downloaded.

Hardcore History Link

How to win friends and influence people by Dale Carnegie

the water engine by david mamet is good. spent a month in a nursing home with Audio Books and I liked this one.

> Thomas Davis Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Not an Audio Book, but Dan Carlin's Hardcore History Podcast, they are

> lengthy like a book and very interesting/entertaining. Also, many of the

> podcasts are free and can be downloaded.

>

> Hardcore History Link

+1 for Hardcore History

Jimmy Cincinnati /

Not an Audio Book, but Dan Carlin's Hardcore History Podcast, they are lengthy like a book and very interesting/entertaining. Also, many of the podcasts are free and can be downloaded.

Never heard of him but will forsure check out his stuff. I love history and it looks like he covers topics im interested. Thanks for the heads up!

Thanks for the tips, ill check out the suggestions. I tried my best to find a good serious like GOT but have yet to find something that peaks my interest. I do love history however

__̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__ /

nobody did it better.

James clavell-Shogun

It's about a Dutch ship with an English pilot wrecking on the coast of Japan in the 1700's...before any westerners had, infiltrating the fudal Lord's. Influincing the emperor.

Nerd<

__̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__ /

there is 33 audio book files on my pc the previous owner left. you can have them.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

The American book of the dead.

Timothy Leary and e l gould. Interesting modern scientific examination of Buddhism and modern physics...

LibreVox.org has public domain audiobooks, including some of my favourites like the Bible and the Communist Manifesto.

And if you've really got a long time to listen, there's The Silmarillion.

Andrew Squiggman /

“Who’s boat is this boat?”. It’s kinda short though.

I know it's not manly, but I enjoy all the Sue Grafton Alphabet Mysteries read by Judy Kaye. Grafton started the series with "A is for Alibi" back in the early 80's.

The publishing company released abridged audio versions for the first 10 books or so, as audio books were new at the time. If you want the unabridged versions, you need to find the books for the blind versions for those first 10. There''s just something about Kaye''s interpretation of the character. Grafton had planned on getting through the entire alphabet but died after "Y is for Yesterday".

Some of the latter books clocked in at 20 hours or more.

> Aaron Blair Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> James clavell-Shogun

>

> It's about a Dutch ship with an English pilot wrecking on the coast of

> Japan in the 1700's...before any westerners had, infiltrating the fudal

> Lord's. Influincing the emperor.

>

> Nerd<

I had to look this up, but its actually based on a true story. Learned a cool bit about Dutch history.

American Sniper was a great listen.

Jimmy Cincinnati /

American Sniper was a great listen.

That crossed my mind but Im still coming down from my Song of Ice and Fire high. Ive been trying to find other fantasy series similiar to GOT but nothing seems to catch my attention. I might try "The Wheel of Time" but from what i gathered it gets pretty dull a few books in.

Any good mafia books?

Also a TV show now, it's kinda cheesy the way neil gaiman can tend to be but I still really enjoyed it as an audiobook -American Gods

For fantasy - Wheel of time is huge and good, also I just played the video games based on the Witcher series -great story and I've heard the books are excellent too.

and if you've never read it, gunslinger! so goddamn great: Steven King's Dark Tower series

The warded man series

Kings Dark Tidings series

Society of the sword trilogy

Red rising trilogy

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account