Summer Plans?

Im just curious what is everybody's summer plans? I myself am planning a few weekend trips and a 4 day weekend ride around Mobile,AL and Gulf Shores.

Re: Summer Plans?

A few weeks in Hungary and maybe few festivals although they have become insanely expensive the last few years.

> dominic motes Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Im just curious what is everybody's summer plans? I myself am planning a

> few weekend trips and a 4 day weekend ride around Mobile,AL and Gulf

> Shores.

Good choice if you can stand the summer heat down there in AL.

We'll be leaving here from FL before it gets really hot. Mopeding will be up around Jackson,OH on the Sebring mopeds. Maybe make a coupla runs up to Hocking Hills and Old Man's cave, Ash cave, State Parks near Chillicothe area, etc.

Alexandro Ramirez-Nagy /

Josiah Radebough and I are thinking of taking a 4 day ride to second stroke mopeds in Brooklyn New York. It might be lit. It might be cool. It might be dangerous.

Can I ask what bags are you going to use? How are you taking all your equipment and whatcha taking? Also any ideas on your route since you have a limited speed limit and what is your top speed? I want to do a large route myself but i worry about get ran over. Also if you go near Nashville, I can host ya, hot shower and a garage.

> Alex Nagy Wrote:

> Josiah Radebough and I are thinking of taking a 4 day ride to second

> stroke mopeds in Brooklyn New York. It might be lit. It might be cool.

> It might be dangerous.

You guys are the Hocking County/Athens area ones,right? I'd say dangerous and challenging would describe that trip at the least.

You've heard the term `In a New York minute'? Those cagers will be flying up behind you unless you know some really slow alternate roads.

Alexandro Ramirez-Nagy /

We'll probably be using google's routes via bikes. It only selects road that are low speed ( I think 45 and below) or roads that have a bike lane that is also low speed. BY google's estimation it will take us 2 days. I have some rather large saddle bags and we are both minors so my mother, Evelyn Nagy (also on moped army) will be driving behind us in our minivan which will be holding our "luggage" and possibly another bike. We will be bring all of our tools, extra parts+jets and Lucas oil and some miscellaneous things: WD-40 grease, Acetone. We would be departing from Athens Ohio. Also thank you for the offer of hosting, but Nashville would be a little out of the way.

Thats cool that yall will have a pit truck lol

> Alex Nagy Wrote:

> We'll probably be using google's routes via bikes. It only selects road

> that are low speed ( I think 45 and below) or roads that have a bike

> lane that is also low speed. BY google's estimation it will take us 2

> days. I have some rather large saddle bags and we are both minors so my

> mother, Evelyn Nagy (also on moped army) will be driving behind us in

> our minivan which will be holding our "luggage" and possibly another

> bike. We will be bring all of our tools, extra parts+jets and Lucas oil

> and some miscellaneous things: WD-40 grease, Acetone. We would be

> departing from Athens Ohio. Also thank you for the offer of hosting, but

> Nashville would be a little out of the way.

You have a GREAT Mom ! Kudos to her! Good plan,BTW.

I'm going to obviously play with my mopeds some and try to ride with the local group here in Toledo more. Ride and camp on my motorcycle with the wife. (She has her own trike..she won't ride with me) My daughter is almost 12. She likes to ride behind her Mom. She will only ride behind me when I'm on the moped lol. (doesn't trust Dad maybe? haha) Maybe take a trip down to Mammoth Caves, KY. Camp at the National Park. Generally travel around on the bikes...COME ON SUMMER!

Josiah Radebaugh /

I was unaware of using the minivan.... Hek. I figured on bringing two "spare" bikes.

I might be over to the US or Canada, as it's the wifes 40th this year and she wants a holiday.

We planned several tours for this summer.

To Riga, Latvia via Poland and Lithuania.

To Balaton, Hungary via Vienna, and maybe further to Bratislava, Slovakia.

One trip to Nice and one more trip to Italy.

I hope our old '81 Skoda Estelle will endure those journeys.

Nice trips, where at the Balatonlake are you going to?

Actually no idea right now.

I had crossed Hungary by train in the year 2000, and the train rode along the Balaton for some while, and I liked the view a lot.

Which one would you recommend?

One thing i always do is take the ferry from Szantod to Tihany, its a fun way to cross the lake and Tihany is a nice mountain town with a beautiful church And great views across the lake.

IMG_20171025_135637.jpg
IMG_20171025_113336.jpg

I have only been there for day trips so i don't know whats the best place to stay, but i believe Siofok has the most bars restaurants etc.

Dirty30 Dillon /

> Alex Nagy Wrote:

> Josiah Radebough and I are thinking of taking a 4 day ride to second

> stroke mopeds in Brooklyn New York. It might be lit. It might be cool.

> It might be dangerous.

Second Stroke is in Queens, technically.

If you make the ride, make sure you hit me up and we can setup a ride with the gangs, gals, and guys in the area who ride regularly.

> Bas Autowas Wrote:

> One thing i always do is take the ferry from Szantod to Tihany, its a

> fun way to cross the lake and Tihany is a nice mountain town with a

> beautiful church And great views across the lake.

>

> I have only been there for day trips so i don't know whats the best

> place to stay, but i believe Siofok has the most bars restaurants etc.

Thanks for the info.

Many bars is not good for me, because I can get drunk quickly :)

I believe the southside of Balaton is pretty touristy with lots of hotels while the northside is less touristy with more campings. The northside reminded me of the lake campings around Berlin, so if camping is more your thing go to the northern side of Balaton.

There is a lookout tower on top of this mountain that i haven't been to yet but its on my to do list this year.

Screenshot_20190125-183604.jpg

Everyone speaks German around the lake, so thats also a big plus, and you have to try the Goulash soup. (Gulyas or gulasch suppe)(edited)

Very well. I like camping much more, so maybe we will borrow a tiny caravan trailer based on "Camptourist" so it will be really funny.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account