The Dead Pinto

Angry Hipster /
FB_IMG_1550188213072.jpg

I came across this picture of a pinto on facebook. From a post by a guy who was closing down and liquidating a motorcycle scrap yard.

20190216_162744.jpg

So, I decided to drive 5hrs one way and pay $50 to pick up this dead pinto that has been sitting in the field of a motorcycle salvage yard for decades.

I had a blow out that destroyed my fender the car was in sad looking shape, but continued to make the trek.

After making it back I made the obligatory post to the face book group soley based on pictures of loading and unloading mopeds.

Screenshot_20190221-080742.png

My first response came from a hater, who I rebutted and called out, he fucked off..

Looks like I can't post anymore pics in this post, I'll reply with more pics and the continuation of this saga.

Re: The Dead Pinto

Chöschi21 C.K. /

Why is this in Off-Topic

Angry Hipster /

Here are some pics of it once I got it to the garage..

20190217_133941.jpg
20190217_130454.jpg
20190217_134108.jpg

I've been spraying it down with PB Blaster, letting it soak, and taking inventory.

Looks like it will need:

Pipe

Seat

Front Rim

Handle Bars

Pedal Crank

Cables

Chains

DJ Lou from the magnetos was cool as hell and offered to hook me up with a couple parts

The bike is kind of a side project, but I just wanted to rescue it. Mopeds are a piece of history and hard to find and it makes me happy to restore and preserve this one instead of writing it off.

Chöschi21 C.K. /

Why Handlebars, Pipe and Pedalcrank? it seems to have those and they don^'t look that bad.

Angry Hipster /

I'm going to copy and post this in General Discussion

The bars are rusty as hell, but in theory could be used.

The pipe has a section missing that has been rusted out.

The pedals crank is bent and very rusty, maybe can be saved...

Josiah Radebaugh /

What condition is the engine in?(edited)

> Chöschi21 C.K. Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Why is this in Off-Topic

because general discussion is for motorcycles........

Angry Hipster /

I don't know how to delete this thread, but I have moved to general discussion.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account