> in front of you at a stoplight.

>

> had a friend of ours get really seriously hurt recently, plowed into a

> car who "failed to yield" on a left turn at a stoplight. turned left in

> front of the bike. Another friend had a similar accident, hip and back

> issues for life - car failed to yield, turned left right in front of

> him. My worst accident, took a helluva chunk outta my leg that were

> reconstructed with stem cells, and put me on crutches for months - going

> through a green light and opposing car turned left right in front of me.

> same thing. none of those would've happened in a roundabout. So that's

> definitely worth considering. even getting pushed off road by a car

> traveling aroundabout parallel to you is gonna be much more survivable

> than plowing into the front corner of a car that's slammed on it's

> brakes as you roll full speed through a green light.

Yeah about 100 of turn left in front of me accidents were avoided because I stopped Cause I knew that A hole in the car didn’t see me!

It’s almost a 6th sense!

Re: Stop signs

When we say `Ride like yer invisible.' …….we are NOT kidding. Your life depends upon believing the cager is gonna try to get out in front of you(or not even see you) or do the wrong thing.

Keep yer lights working, flashers are a good idea, and use BOTH mirrors. Helmet.

Yep, it's a big video game, only one rule, "touch anything and die". It's that simple. Play to win!

__̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__ /

if you fear riding , why do you own a bike?

If you were replying to me, I don't fear riding, keeps me on my toes if anything, but you had better pay attention.

__̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__ /

all in general

kevin Smellaflange /

it's amazing that there's not more instant road rage due to pain inflicted by cagers...but we know who would get the bad press...

guys like RPSTV on the you-boob give everyone who rides a bad name.

no lane splitting in FL, leads to riders taking chances...sometimes.

Brad William /

I live in a city that is practically self- policing... wonderful but sometimes maddening.

I've been angrily scolded for nonsense like ignoring a stop sign in the middle of an EMPTY 50 acre grocery store parking lot, on the Puch at about 10mph. Guy waited at the far edge of the lot near the exit just roll down his window and bitch.

Another day I stopped at, and then continued through, one of those double red lights at a railroad crossing. On a BICYCLE. No barrier boom or other. 5mi outside the city limits. I waited for the next one to go green, of course.

Guy behind me let traffic pile up behind him so he could slow down when he came up on me, roll down the passenger window, and bitch. Really creepy that one was. This dude was spittin angry. "Laws apply to EVERYONE" kind of shit.

Dirty30 Dillon /

Kickin' cars is cool, and so is lane-splittin'.

Brad William /

Its like that all the time. Safe for sure, but overdone. Four way stop sign intersections are comically slow with everyone waiting for each other to make up their damn minds and take their rightful turn without imposing on anyone else.

I can even get exasperated by the overly good intentioned deference paid to non cagers. You're car is stopped at a four way. You need to go. You do NOT need to wait with a sweet smile for the moped, whose turn is clearly after you, and wave him through like you're being polite to the disadvantaged. Just GO for God's sake.(edited)

Alexandro Ramirez-Nagy /

I totally agree, I hate it when people wave me through when there's other cars behind them. Mainly because that happens to me when I'm at my own intersections. I don't wanna wait for someone to be courteous even IF it's a nice thing to do.

I kicked a car once, punched his mirror off and kicked out a taillight. But that was because he actually intentionally tried to run me off the road into a telephone pole. it was insane. Still, kicking the car turned out to be a bad idea because it made him much more intent on actually killing me with his car and that's not a battle you can win

You hardly ever need a 4-way stop...……….just stop the road with least traffic. Let the more traveled road motorists go on thru at a safe speed.

You don't need no stinkin roundabouts.

I forgot to bring my stubborn aversion to change and progress.

Brad William /
Sierra-Madre-Header-620x354.png

It's just a bad feeling I got...at some point in this fu##ing thread your hairbrained uncle is going to pop that goddam two-toothed shi#-caked fu@#ing mug of his up from behind some rock in the middle of dusty fu@#ing nowhere-at-all to tell me there's some god@amm thing or other that we don't need.

You swear too much mister. I'm just a little boy.(edited)

You don't have to censor yourself here. The fascists at the FCC can't infringe on your first amendment rights here.

> Bas Autowas Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> You don't have to censor yourself here. The fascists at the FCC can't

> infringe on your first amendment rights here.

my akmed post was censored ;)

kevin Smellaflange /

how?

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account