Re: Stop signs

I would never ride a moped or a bicycle into a roundabout, would really think twice about a motorcycle too...seen too much mayhem in them...the idea is sound, BUT it assumes quality drivers who understand how to navigate them. It is far too easy to get and keep a drivers license in this country.

> Stephen Keller Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I would never ride a moped or a bicycle into a roundabout, would really

> think twice about a motorcycle too...seen too much mayhem in them...the

> idea is sound, BUT it assumes quality drivers who understand how to

> navigate them. It is far too easy to get and keep a drivers license in

> this country.

This is true. Far too easy. Good thing about a moped or bike, if it is busy roundabout,you can pull over and wait or take a side route.

> Don Ohio Wrote:

> > Stephen Keller Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > I would never ride a moped or a bicycle into a roundabout, would

> really

>

> > think twice about a motorcycle too...seen too much mayhem in

> them...the

>

> > idea is sound, BUT it assumes quality drivers who understand how to

>

> > navigate them. It is far too easy to get and keep a drivers license in

>

> > this country.

>

> This is true. Far too easy. Good thing about a moped or bike, if it is

> busy roundabout,you can pull over and wait or take a side route.

I know where the roundabouts are in my area, and avoid them like the plague, we have a wonderful bicycle trail system in this state, can't moped on it, legally, ;) but on a moped you can blast a sidewalk if no cops about. I do stop my mopeds when the cages crowd me. Let them go, better than ending up a hood ornament.

__̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__ /

here we drive on the correct side of the road.

Overpriced Parts /

> Stephen Keller Wrote:

> I would never ride a moped or a bicycle into a roundabout, would really

> think twice about a motorcycle too...seen too much mayhem in them...the

> idea is sound, BUT it assumes quality drivers who understand how to

> navigate them. It is far too easy to get and keep a drivers license in

> this country.

We have several roundabouts where I live and I ride my moped on all of them! It can get hairy sometimes!

This one around 3 mi from me is like one of the smallest ones in the world and is totally useless, the two streets that come together here in this housing development hardly get any traffic,

About 12 or so years before this crap one handed phone video was made the whole area used to be a farm that sheep were raised on it, I wish it still was!

Heh,heh! Yeah,another useless roundabout installed by witless city/county officials. LOL!

Good running bike BTW,Ken!

> Dirty30 Dillon Wrote:

> Roundabouts are sick and efficient when you aren't an idiot.

>

> And when you are an idiot, you crash, so it's a good deterrent.

except the shitshow that is grand army plaza by prospect park

Overpriced Parts /

> Don Ohio Wrote:

> Heh,heh! Yeah,another useless roundabout installed by witless

> city/county officials. LOL!

>

> Good running bike BTW,Ken!

I was just putting around because it’s kind a hard to hold the bike with only one hand on a rainy wet road but yeah all my magnums run 40+ with stock parts and 55-60mph kittted one's always stayin the powerband and shift like a Chevy powerglide tranny

> Ken Roff Wrote:

> > Don Ohio Wrote:

>

>

> > Heh,heh! Yeah,another useless roundabout installed by witless

>

> > city/county officials. LOL!

>

> >

>

> > Good running bike BTW,Ken!

>

> I was just putting around because it’s kind a hard to hold the bike

> e with only one hand on a rainy wet road but yeah all my magnums run 40+

> with stock parts and 55-60mph kittted one's always stayin the powerband

> and shift like a Chevy powerglide tranny

Good job! Yeah, my 3 runners are all dependable. Only the StreetMate and one Sebring will top 40 because I just don't care.

Overpriced Parts /

> Don Ohio Wrote:

> > Ken Roff Wrote:

>

>

> > > Don Ohio Wrote:

>

> >

>

> > > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> >

>

> > > Heh,heh! Yeah,another useless roundabout installed by witless

>

> >

>

> > > city/county officials. LOL!

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > Good running bike BTW,Ken!

>

> >

>

> > I was just putting around because it’s kind a hard to hold the bike

>

> > e with only one hand on a rainy wet road but yeah all my magnums run

> 40+

>

> > with stock parts and 55-60mph kittted one's always stayin the

> powerband

>

> > and shift like a Chevy powerglide tranny

>

> Good job! Yeah, my 3 runners are all dependable. Only the StreetMate and

> one Sebring will top 40 because I just don't care.

Once you would ride a one-off my Polini or Gila kitted magnum mkK2s with flipped clutch/tuned clutch’s you probably would look at moped design completely different!

I mean on of a few of my magnums I’ve kept up or beat many 80 to 100cc Japanese enduro bikes,

I tell you what, the 1975? semi auto three speed Kawasaki 75 cc enduro/ mini bike with foldable handlebars is close to a match to my Kitted magnums but it is tiny and I just beat it by a bit, but I’m 195 lb and A deep chuck hole it’s going to end over end and I’m not on a magnum

__̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__ /

STOP!

Nah,Ken..I like slo riding. I am a lollygagger by definition when mopeding. I want to enjoy the contry scenery and pull over often.

Very seldom am I riding in a hurry. I like my 100-120 mpg mopeds.

But you like em fast and that's your business. I'm just not into speed at all.

> Seth B Wrote:

> This intersection is a 4-way stop. When approaching this type of stop

> sign, vehicles already in the intersection have the right of way, then

> the vehicle arriving at the intersection first has the right of way. If

> two vehicles arrive simultaneously, the vehicle on the right has the

> right of way.

I remember being in Atlanta and complaining to my old roommate - who'd grown up there - that nobody in Atlanta seemed to understand how right of way works. To which she replied, "isn't it just whoever has the balls to go first goes first?"

Dirty30 Dillon /

Roundabouts on mopeds/motos are super easy and fun.

If I can navigate an NYC roundabout at rush hour y'all can manage out in the country.

Josiah Radebaugh /

They are really fun to ripp around when there is no traffic for gravel.

In all the neighborhoods here instead of stop signs at every side street intersection there are round abouts. I dig them, on a moped they are not an issue at all. Saves me so much time commuting, during rush hour its 10x faster than the arterials. They are mostly ok from a safety stand point, except for when people try to take a short cut on their left turn and bypass the round about. A big penske van did it to me the other day and I barely avoided it. Roundabouts arent the problem its the oblivious and selfish drivers. Driving around like its their road, leaving passive aggressive notes on peoples cars who park on the street in "their" spot. I prefer round abouts over unmarked intersections, those are scary.

An unmarked intersection should be reported immediately. Death trap.

mesa az

WE WIN

Roundabouts are fun, on more than one ride I led we'd just hit the roundabout and keep circling around it until everyone had caught up.

Also there's a neat little documentary on a town in England that has no traffic signs and it actually improved traffic flow. roundabouts are pretty easy, the danger is ust people not used to the and not willing to try. the answer I don't think is "give up, people can't manage roundabouts" but rather build more and folks'll figure it out.

Quote Will: `but rather build more and folks'll figure it out.'

Why build more? We don't want them. 2 or 4 stop signs cost almost nothing.

A fancy-shmancy intersection is not cheap.(edited)

Ok Dong, 2 stop signs might work in your trailer park, but at rush hour a highly trafficed 4 way stop intersection is the most annoying thing. There are a couple 5 way stops, 7 if you count the bike paths, and people just don't get it. Give us traffic circles in high density areas. I think people over 65 shouldnt even be allowed to drive without proving that they are still about their whit's. I mean I have to take a test every 3 and 5 years to serve people food and alchohol, is it so much to ask for regular check ups on one's skills and bad habits at driving a 2 ton killing machine?

I'm in favor of testing the older drivers, AND young fools who think they know how but DON'T. LOL!

Most of the crazy fools I see on the streets passing on yellow and not signaling a turn are young to middle aged.

> Daniel '' Wrote:

> Ok Dong, 2 stop signs might work in your trailer park, but at rush hour

> a highly trafficed 4 way stop intersection is the most annoying thing.

> There are a couple 5 way stops, 7 if you count the bike paths, and

> people just don't get it. Give us traffic circles in high density areas.

> I think people over 65 shouldnt even be allowed to drive without proving

> that they are still about their whit's. I mean I have to take a test

> every 3 and 5 years to serve people food and alchohol, is it so much to

> ask for regular check ups on one's skills and bad habits at driving a 2

> ton killing machine?

take the bus or stay home. wtf

kevin Smellaflange /

stop..count to 3ish...then move forward to see if your way is clear...as if the po-P0 is right on your tail...always.

then if there's A vid, then your in the clear-ish.

Chöschi21 C.K. /

Don't see the Problem in going through a roundabout, gone through 1 Lanes about 7-10 times today, and this two lane one 2 Times:

Also, in the Video, there was a Car in the outer lane behind me.

Probably three times as likely to get run into or over in this country than Switz. They don't care for and aren't used to mopeds or snails over here.

this may help some of you...

One of the most common motorcycle accidents, especially among the non-preventable, in the sense that even a skilled cautious responsible rider is equally as endangered is the failure to yield, car turns left in front of you at a stoplight.

had a friend of ours get really seriously hurt recently, plowed into a car who "failed to yield" on a left turn at a stoplight. turned left in front of the bike. Another friend had a similar accident, hip and back issues for life - car failed to yield, turned left right in front of him. My worst accident, took a helluva chunk outta my leg that were reconstructed with stem cells, and put me on crutches for months - going through a green light and opposing car turned left right in front of me. same thing. none of those would've happened in a roundabout. So that's definitely worth considering. even getting pushed off road by a car traveling aroundabout parallel to you is gonna be much more survivable than plowing into the front corner of a car that's slammed on it's brakes as you roll full speed through a green light.

Person just got killed and his rider is in critical condition here in FL. The description on the news sounded like that left turn mistake the cager made in front of the MC.

SAD.

kevin Smellaflange /

Bas Autousedtowas must never have a problem with cars on his bicycle...at stop signs, stop if you feel like it,

out in the country, you still have to obey the traffic laws or your part of the problem, not the solution.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account