where are my synth nerds at?

me- i am real against soft synths. i have some digital stuff, mostly for poly, but i live for that analog good good. i have a wall of crap and i keep getting more. currently trying to isolate stuff into smaller independent setups rather than having a billion stuffs running into a mixer as i do now.

i have in no particular order:

teenage engineering op1

teenage engineering po20 "arcade"

teenage engineering po14 "sub"

teenage engineering po16 "robot"

teenage engineering po33 "ko" (just picked this up this week, i am so hype about it!)

korg microkorg xl

korg volca beats

korg volca sample

korg monotron

korg monotron duo

arturia beatstep pro (this sequencer is a powerhouse for digital, analog, and soft synths. i think it might be the only thing on that market that can do this much connectivity without a computer)

arturia microbrute

tons of weird random stuff like mixers, high headroom effects, circuit bent keyboards and toys, random midi controllers that dont get used

im thinking about getting a drumbrute soon to utilize all the gate inputs on the beatstep pro. a lot of this come from the difficulty i have syncing the volcas with the brute- the brute whether thru gate out or env out into volca sync (or pocket operator) doubles the notes on the volca. if I reverse it and use the sync out to gate in, the brute gets doubling. might need to sit the keystep in the middle of things.

i have at least my weight in cables at my house between this and all my guitar gear.

i know you fellow nerds are out there, especially since modular synthesis has a lot of that same mad scientist shit going on. what do you fart around on? lets share some setups and videos and stuff!

Re: where are my synth nerds at?

__̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__ /

digital is for fools.

the only digital i'm really into is my OP1/pocket ops because of sheer portability.

pretty much never use my microkorg. i hate menus.

__̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__ /

aww fuck . wrong vid

♣Slew Foot♣ /

I have all old stuff from the early 80s.

Casio 101

Korg poly61m

EMU SP12

it goes to a 386 hrz pre Pentium pc sound card is a pro board one off with a in mix and gameport midi controller box...

Master D. Baiter /

I used to collect gear, studio recording and live sound. I ditched it for mopeds all except a pa with 2 speakers facing me on either side of the drum kit. Then I turn it up and jam loud tunes. It’s a lot easier than setting equipment up all the time. Right on I plug my board into the pa and jam that way too.

have the op1 ... and a bunch of critter and guirarri stuff

Terra bytes of vi!!

Not a hardware synth but Abelton just launched this great site to learn how they work that I thought was pretty great:

https://www.ableton.com/en/blog/learn-synthesis-in-your-browser/

Years ago I had a stack, "A STACK I TELL YA!!" of AdLibGOLD cards in with my stuff just for the Yamaha chips.

...my mom just tossed 'em at the dump after I moved out.

Anyway, here's good synth:

Gold_1000_Control_Chip.jpg

I sold most of my stuff i only have a Roland MC 303 and a Korg Mintron left. I don't use them much anymore, but i still enjoy fiddling with synths when i'm at a friends house who has much more stuff.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

So what is that new synth unit that the trance mixer guys use? Like the one that you see on Monstercat it's like for turntables and it has sampling and looping capabilities along with knobs and Sliders and buttons and such I'd love to get my hands on one of those for a week

Dont think i ever posted this here, this is a part of a liveset me and a friend did at the opening of some crappy art gallery.

I have a non functional mini Moog out in my storage unit...it's got a date with my bench after if finish my philco predicta.

What’s dude doing with that spoon

> jayson sumpter Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> What’s dude doing with that spoon

We just got shitty soup for dinner, we were already providing "music" for about 4 hours at the moment the video was taken.(edited)

Alex Fredericksen /
« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account