Woodstock 50th Anniversary Concert

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

Call me an old fogey, but the only rock musicians' names that I recognize are the ones in bold font. Miley Cyrus at Woodstock? Give me a break! I'm sure Jimi Hendrix is rolling over in his grave.

Day 1, Aug. 16: The Killers, Miley Cyrus, Santana, The Lumineers, The Raconteurs, Robert Plant and the Sensational Space Shifters, Nathaniel Rateliff and the Night Sweats, John Fogerty, Run the Jewels, The Head and the Heart, Maggie Rogers, Michael Franti & Spearhead, Bishop Briggs, Anderson East, Akon, Princess Nokia, John Sebastian, Melanie, Grandson, Fever 333, Dorothy, Flora Cash, Larkin Poe, Brian Cadd and Ninet Tayeb

Day 2, Aug. 17: Dead & Company, Chance the Rapper, The Black Keys, Sturgill Simpson, Greta Van Fleet, Portugal, The Man, Leon Bridges, Gary Clark Jr., Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros, David Crosby and Friends, Dawes, Margo Price, Nahko and Medicine for the People, India.Arie, Jade Bird, Country Joe McDonald, Rival Sons, Emily King, Soccer Mommy, Sir, Taylor Bennett, Amy Helm, Courtney Hadwin, Pearl, John-Robert and IAMDDB

Day 3, Aug. 18: Jay-Z, Imagine Dragons, Halsey, Cage the Elephant, Brandi Carlile, Janelle Monae, Young the Giant, Courtney Barnett, Common, Vince Staples, Judah and the Lion, Earl Sweatshirt, Boygenius, Reignwolf, The Zombies, Canned Heat, Hot Tuna, Pussy Riot, Cherry Glazerr, Leven Kali, The Marcus King Band, Victory, Hollis Brown, John Craigie, Amigo the Devil and Liz Brasher(edited)

Re: Woodstock 50th Anniversary Concert

The Raconteurs (Jack White's band, he was named the 17th best guitarist of all time by the Rolling Stone), Nathaniel Rateliff and the Night Sweats, The Black Keys and Greta Van Fleet are a few bands still making music that are pretty true to their rock and blues roots. The Black Keys have more recently changed their sound though.

Other bands on the list are similar, but I'm not familiar enough with their music to classify them

Wow Miley Cyrus will be there. Wow. well I just have to go, If I start walking I may make there in time.

Jimmy Cincinnati /

And Jay-z! Its like a hippy fest all over again... minus all the hippys that is.

> Jimmy Cincinnati Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> And Jay-z! Its like a hippy fest all over again... minus all the hippys

> that is.

And $873 per ticket. Just like the old days.

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

> Jeff Parr Wrote:

> > Jimmy Cincinnati Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > And Jay-z! Its like a hippy fest all over again... minus all the

> hippys

>

> > that is.

>

> And $873 per ticket. Just like the old days.

Disgusting! A real travesty.

__̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__ /

Country Joe McDonald...Joseph Allen "Country Joe" McDonald is an American musician who was the lead singer of the 1960s psychedelic rock group Country Joe and the Fish.

the 2nd one was a failure, history repeats.

i have woodstock , sadly, on disc. but scattered throughout tapes an albums individually

> Jeff Parr Wrote:

> > Jimmy Cincinnati Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > And Jay-z! Its like a hippy fest all over again... minus all the

> hippys

>

> > that is.

>

> And $873 per ticket. Just like the old days.

As far as i can see tickets aren't for sale yet and ticket prices have not been released yet.

Even most of the better names on that bill suck.

Looks like a decent line up. I've been running the festival scene for over 40 years, Either playing, volunteer, or fan . Good way to stay current is to hit a bonnoroo, coachella, telluride, and numerous others. Ive seen a lot of the bands in that woodstock line up. I'm an old fogey, but I'm not confined to limited genres. Live a little. Hell I'll be putting wrist bands on people at the main gate this years dark star jubilee. I've had a long standing volunteer position at bonnoroo since its conception. Lollapalooza back in the day was a good one for broadening ones musical diversity. Art, whats not to love.(edited)

That's a pretty good lineup.(edited)

> Thomas Smith Wrote:

> That's a pretty good lineup.

Yeah it's not bad. i like most of the artists i know and not being an old geezer i'm fairly shure i'll like some bands I don't know.

My 15 year old daughter and I saw Fogerty and ZZ Top's Blues and Bayous tour last summer at a small venue in Youngstown for about $50 per ticket. Some of Fogerty's guitars and amplifiers went to the '69 Woodstock show. It wasn't wet, it was a short drive, no nudity, safe, it was cheap, and every song was a hit.

Good enough for me!

__̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__ /

vegas shooting all over again. manchurian candidate,,i mean terrorist.. yea target rich

kevin Smellaflange /

''not being an old geezer''

the bands i grew up with aren't classic rock for nothing.

Bas Autousedtowas do you live under a rock?

you'll be an old geezer soon enough.

> Moped Lar (OFMC) Wrote:

> Call me an old fogey, but the only rock musicians' names that I

> recognize are the ones in bold font. Miley Cyrus at Woodstock? Give me a

> break! I'm sure Jimi Hendrix is rolling over in his grave.

>

Would you be happier with Sha Na Na?

> Brent Eaton Wrote:

> ''not being an old geezer''

>

> the bands i grew up with aren't classic rock for nothing.

>

> Bas Autousedtowas do you live under a rock?

>

> you'll be an old geezer soon enough.

They're classic rock for being old, 50 years ago it was just rock.

I'm well underway to becoming an old geezer, but if being young ever thought me anything is that you can never dismiss current music.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

I help film 3 at the original nazcars Farm not the commercial stuff in the early 90s I met Wavy Gravy

I definitely dont agree that a new Woodstock should be old musicians, it should cater to the popular music of the day, same as it did originally! But theyve done a nice job bridging the many genres and much broader scope of music over the past 50 years, while still including lots of the classics too.

That said, it is shit and all festivals now are huge easy corporate money grabs. But in essence truly they suck, because people suck. People are so boring and basic that the only way many folks know how to get away from their daily work eat tv routines is a cruise ship or a premade festival experience. There's a crazy giant market, people eat it up. Pay hundreds to go and pay hundreds more for $15 beers and hotdogs

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account