Re: Howz ur Cat

Just had to keep this one rolling. Just lost big brother "Big Boy" this past winter. RIP Biggie and Mo.

IMG_20130326_132156_521.jpg

Sad to hear :(

Unfortunately Tijger was put down last week because his kidneys failed, he was probably the most fun cat i ever had.

IMG_20190110_183311.jpg

> Bas Autowas Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Sad to hear :(

>

> Unfortunately Tijger was put down last week because his kidneys failed,

> he was probably the most fun cat i ever had.

> >

Kidney failure seems to be fairly common. Gotta wonder if its something in most catfoods.

It is sad.

Sweet looking lil’ buddies.

Sorry to hear about Tijger. Didn't mean to turn this thread into a downer I've just been missing them I guess. I am enjoying seeing the pics of the other happy cats out there. Cats are just such awesome creatures.

__̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__ /

pudgy

20190806_001918.jpg

__̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__ /

rip little guy

20200831_032840.jpg

Sorry for your loss.

punkrock randy /

At least rwc got a heart, unlike =DumbOhiO and slew. How’d we know which dummfuks would dislike the best domesticated animal yet?

1D156BF4-035C-4572-93A6-7309703C6747.jpeg
035F06F7-07B2-4D62-A561-E18BC7B48952.jpeg

Our sincerest condolences, is "lil guy" the cat pictured above?

IMG-20200825-WA0017.jpg

Only pet that was ever truly mine was my cat. DC (damn cat) was adopted by my mom and named by my sister. But he picked me. After I moved out, he got really depressed but would perk up when I came to visit. So, he moved in with me. I am quite allergic to cats. But we made it work.

He was awesome. He played fetch and passed a ball back and forth with me. We wrestled and play fought. He had weird routines. He liked to wake me up on the weekends if I slept in too long by climbing under the covers and attacking my feet.

I’m a “cat person” now. They are easy to relate to if you have that personality. I like my space and don’t need some clingy, attention seeking, pet. Cats will share a good moment with you and go on with their life. I love the dog we have now, but her constant need for attention gets old.

My condolences to the lost pets. On the bright side, you get the chance to find a new friend and learn a new cat.

My little buddy Tango. Best free craigslist score ever.

Screenshot_20200831-094146_Gallery.jpg

Cats are ok.

B483A9BD-0DF0-4229-8609-2472060DCDAA.jpeg

Until they use a magdumb seat as a scratching post.

20200831_141316.jpg

This is Eliot Ness. I've had him since he was a little guy, barely weaning age. He's a great guy. He even killed a copperhead and put it on the sidewalk for me one time. Dang buddy ! He's so handsome I've made fake men's cologne ads for him.

*NESS* by Noir

.........untouchable .........

20200831_141222.jpg
20200831_141252.jpg

This is Eliot’s little pal, Coco Chanel (in her little black dress ). She is hilarious. She only knows joy and happiness and love in her little world and mine is infinitely better because she’s here. Eliot’s twin sister

Disappeared so I went to the shelter and adopted Coco so Eliot wouldn’t be alone. It was our lucky day. I had noticed a lot of cats in the pics. This is a nice thread - thank you !!

06F3DFEB-AB37-4DAA-AC8D-18395F6B71C3.jpeg

my gramps's cat was named tiger. he was never a "cat guy" and always kinda disliked them but those last years he realllllly loved tiger, that was HIS cat and he was tiger's person. they were like ash and Pikachu.

but i'll always remember him saying, and especially the way he said, it in his low gruff voice with a hint of polish accent "that's a gooooooood cat"

pic of tiger. he was a fucking giant

tiiiiiiger.JPG

^ Sweet Jeebus...!! Must have been fun having that stalking around! :)

What a bunch of lil’ buddies in this thread.

Stewie

C9EDFBF4-2F7C-4B38-AC84-F635B6AFC21F.jpeg

WillD - what a great story and a great picture. I've loved seeing these pictures and best of all reading what everyone writes about these little guys. A lot of kindness and love here. Good on you all for sharing this. (..... that IS a gooooooood cat !! Looks like you landed an 18 pounder there )

> Bas Autowas Wrote:

> Our sincerest condolences, is "lil guy" the cat pictured above?

> >

>- rwc - /rwc

>---------

Sorry for your loss

>

thank you

fritz is the one above. 13 yr . 2nd gen.

little guy was only 5.

20181208_033247.jpg

my mom passed 2 days ago. (edited)

Sorry man.

oh geez honey. I'm so sorry about your Mom, most of us are too far away to even bring food or help out. I'm so sorry. Bless your heart.

My mom passing was the absolute hardest part of my life.

I went through grief and sadness, helpless feeling, guilt. I just wanted the world to go away and leave me completely alone.

I was/am a mommas boy. But our relationship was different because my parents divorced and I chose to live with my dad. My mom was deeply alcoholic at that time and not fit to parent. Years went by with no contact. Eventually, we started talking again. Became close. I moved into her house when I was in college (which is how I ended up with my cat). We got really close. I found out so much about myself by getting to know my mom. It was a great time. Then, she passed away from a stroke. She was only in her 50’s. I wanted so much more for her life. Time to make up for lost years. We planned on vacations and her retirement house in the Bahamas. Life had shit on her and things were just getting good and she died. (Now im crying writing this sentence). It never gets better. It always hurts. The only relief is that I have moved on enough to largely forget her in my day to day life. That sounds terrible, but it’s a coping mechanism. I cherish our good times and do my best to live a life that she would be proud of. She never told people how to live or judged anyone. Even if they were fucking up, she would say “you can do whatever you like, but you have to live with the consequences”. I owe a lot of my independence and responsibility to that.

Sorry if this is unwelcome. I know I got sick of people trying to talk to me at that time in my life. Luckily, I could just hand the phone to my wife and walk away. I don’t remember it, but my wife said I would just leave the house and she didn’t know where I would go. I still can’t be sure. I think I just drove around. I remember keeping her throw pillow from her couch because it smelled like her. Listening to her favorite albums and crying a lot. Probably a weird sight to see driving around.

On a mild breezy day, I’ll open the windows, listen to my moms wind chime (one of a few things I still have), put on an Edith Piaf album and cook one of her recipes. My wife knows what’s up when that happens. She’ll give me a hug, and space, to spend some time with my mom. Nobody is immortal unless we keep them alive in us somehow. I hope you too find a way.

punkrock randy /

That’s terrible Papa, I know how fuct relationships with divorced parents can be. Didn’t talk to my mom for about 10 years. I’m sorry for everyone’s losses, cats and otherwise. That’s far and wide the worst part about truly loving something. After losing my Birman in ‘03, I didn’t get another cat. Too hard to take vacations and too much sadness when something happens to them. Luckily in ‘14 i met a wonderful woman with 2 cats. But I’ll be sad as shit the day that either of them pass away.

__̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__

I am sorry, condolences to you and your family.

> Trudy Fair Wrote:

> WillD - what a great story and a great picture. I've loved seeing these

> pictures and best of all reading what everyone writes about these little

> guys. A lot of kindness and love here. Good on you all for sharing this.

> (..... that IS a gooooooood cat !! Looks like you landed an 18 pounder

> there )

add ten! that beast weighed 28lb. I think at one point he was over 30, and pretty active too!

Have y’all seen Cats (the musical)?

Since were being honest about how nerdy we are and musical, I used to go to live shows all the time when I was younger.

One slow weekend, Cats was on in Dayton, so I went by myself.

I cried during Memory.

Andrew Lloyd Weber is a favorite and a live act always hits harder than video.

All these cats going to the Heavyside Layer, and that “25 pounder” got me thinking about it. Might be time to watch it again.

Here: for the uninitiated.

Cat has left her moped gang and ran around somewhere else. She’s older and beaten down. Wants desperately to join again. But, her gang doesn’t want her back. She follows them around begging and being desperate. All they have to do is touch her, tap her in and she’s one of the gang again. She sings this song and...

> Papa _ Wrote:

> My mom passing was the absolute hardest part of my life.

>

> I went through grief and sadness, helpless feeling, guilt. I just wanted

> the world to go away and leave me completely alone.

>

> I was/am a mommas boy. But our relationship was different because my

> parents divorced and I chose to live with my dad. My mom was deeply

> alcoholic at that time and not fit to parent. Years went by with no

> contact. Eventually, we started talking again. Became close. I moved

> into her house when I was in college (which is how I ended up with my

> cat). We got really close. I found out so much about myself by getting

> to know my mom. It was a great time. Then, she passed away from a

> stroke. She was only in her 50’s. I wanted so much more for her life.

> Time to make up for lost years. We planned on vacations and her

> retirement house in the Bahamas. Life had shit on her and things were

> just getting good and she died. (Now im crying writing this sentence).

> It never gets better. It always hurts. The only relief is that I have

> moved on enough to largely forget her in my day to day life. That sounds

> terrible, but it’s a coping mechanism. I cherish our good times and do

> my best to live a life that she would be proud of. She never told people

> how to live or judged anyone. Even if they were fucking up, she would

> say “you can do whatever you like, but you have to live with the

> consequences”. I owe a lot of my independence and responsibility to

> that.

>

> Sorry if this is unwelcome. I know I got sick of people trying to talk

> to me at that time in my life. Luckily, I could just hand the phone to

> my wife and walk away. I don’t remember it, but my wife said I would

> just leave the house and she didn’t know where I would go. I still can’t

> be sure. I think I just drove around. I remember keeping her throw

> pillow from her couch because it smelled like her. Listening to her

> favorite albums and crying a lot. Probably a weird sight to see driving

> around.

>

> On a mild breezy day, I’ll open the windows, listen to my moms wind

> chime (one of a few things I still have), put on an Edith Piaf album and

> cook one of her recipes. My wife knows what’s up when that happens.

> She’ll give me a hug, and space, to spend some time with my mom. Nobody

> is immortal unless we keep them alive in us somehow. I hope you too find

> a way.

So sorry man, I did not read this until today, I will be a mess when my parents die, were it not for them I would be either dead or in prison, I owe them my life, for they taught me how to live right, I of course being hard headed and stupid thought I knew better and spent a good

ly part of my life raising hell, crashing cars, getting arrested, generally being an asshole, they did not condone any of this and let me know, but always loved me, allowed me to fail, to learn the hard way. I'm grateful beyond words that they are alive to see me changed and sober, I can never repay the love they have shown me, but seem so grateful for the simple things they let me do for them, like carry in rock salt, you would think I gave them a million dollars, my dad tells me that many of his friends kids ignore them after all they did for them, and they are heartbroken, these are well off people who put the kids through school so they could get high paying jobs and they can't give their parents the time of day, assholes, every one...in my eyes anyway. I was an arrogant punk of a kid who thought he Knew better than my parents and I stressed them to no end with my asshole behavior, not to them, but in how I was living, I'm so grateful I saw the light and changed, but I had the knowledge of what to change into, from them, no amount of money can compete with giving a child the knowledge of right and wrong, even if the kid is too stupid to take it when offered, it is in its head. My condolences on the loss of your mother.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account