circuit boards

I know a lot of people are talented on here. I'm just curious does anyone here create their own circuit boards? Id really want to get into making my own boards but the chemicals are dangerous. I'm not looking to make micro computer chips or anything fancy. I'm trying to create a special type of electronic throttle that's controlled by diodes and resistors.

Re: circuit boards

♣Slew Foot♣ /

They have bread boards. Modular

Overpriced Parts /

> kenny s Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I know a lot of people are talented on here. I'm just curious does

> anyone here create their own circuit boards? Id really want to get into

> making my own boards but the chemicals are dangerous. I'm not looking to

> make micro computer chips or anything fancy. I'm trying to create a

> special type of electronic throttle that's controlled by diodes and

> resistors.

Diodes, capacitors, resistors and the like can be hardwired, just wire and solder is needed, In fact it’s better/more durable,

People take today’s tube guitar amps that are made cheaper (and crappier) with circuitboards, remove the circuitboard and hardwire connect everything like how they made them 1960-70s for a way better amp!

Sometimes old school is best,

another hobby of mine is electronics. roff is right here, its called point to point wiring and was used on radios, amps, pretty much everything up until the late 50's and somewhat later. very robust and the easiest to service...pull a part, j-hook the new one and solder...ur done..

the etching chemicals for photo-resist boards really arent that bad. i think its just ferric chloride right???..i mean i develop my own b/w film and i dont treat boards any differently. get it on your hand. washy washy...all is good

for most simple things i just grab a copper clad fiberglass board blank, lay out the circuit and remove the copper around the traces with a dremel..if ur doing through hole, a tiny pin vice works wonders..u can use tiny copper rivets for dual sided boards as well.

if its a simple curcuit, id either dead bug it or hand mill a board for mid size surface mount discreet components by hand.

actually...fuck it, just grab a proto board and make your traces with solder.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

The bread boards are basically full of holes that you could just stick things in then you can get a working circuit and once you have what you want then you could photo etch onto aboard but it should be known that the chemicals that you use in the process to make the photo etching is bad for your health Electronics in general if you are exposed to the fumes and everything else for long enough you're going to go bald you're going to have nervous system problems and probably a little crazy it has to do with the selenium geranium and a few other Trace elements that are in the electronic components but how all my stuff it's solid state from the 70s or tube

__̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__ /

been building circuts since '98.

devry trained.

B.E.A.M.

__̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__ /

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Quote my son got into DeVry.

Other guy : what somebody hold open the door for him.

For god sakes can't you just leave this let me have this one thing...

Lmao

???

♣Slew Foot♣ /

It's an MIT joke...

HEY!

♣Slew Foot♣ /

sorry China rally I was dying to use that I think I heard it on Robot Chicken

teddy ruxpin creator came from there

Douglas Binder /

I design boards for a living. Way back in the day, the company I worked for etched their own boards. It's not really that hard and an interesting experiment, but I would suggest that you download Eagle PCB layout program, then send the board files to OSHPark.com. It ill cost you $5 per square inch and you will get three boards. I prototyped my optical interrupter crank sensor for the EFI on my bike. Works fine but I don't want to trust it at a competition so I intend to send out the board to be made right.

I've been going very amateur into Pi/Arduino stuff and building some circuits. I start on a breadboard to get the design right and then solder into premade blank circuitboards.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B07LF78ZY3/

You just solder in your wires and then draw a solder bead between the holes you want to connect. it's easy, cheap and I think fits what you're trying to do

Also there's a maker space at case western near me, there was one at GA tech where I went to grad school, most engineering colleges have one and most cities do too, just a collection of maker equipment for general use when it's not feasible to buy your own for each person. But they'll often have a circuit board printer that'll be free or cheap to use too

ERIC from Idaho! /

It's worth the time to use a Raspberry Pi and learn to program it. They are super durable and you can program them to do far more than a green board. I've used them in near a hundred applications from aligning and tracking in a telescope, to DC electric current flow based on heat, remaining battery and expected run time. They are so clever and cheap.

Ungapped rings to bind them all /

Radio Shack carries everything you need online cheap. Small project boards can be cut to size.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Welcome to the new Millenia I think they went to out of business I also think that you have to hold an Electronics license now to buy certain components

> ♣Slew Foot♣ Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Welcome to the new Millenia I think they went to out of business I also

> think that you have to hold an Electronics license now to buy certain

> components

idts. harvest from old equipment.

Really? I've ordered micros and fpga's directly and never had a problem...

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Until you order plant fertilizer and diesel fuel they won't bust down your door

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account