Re: Trolling

> Thomas Davis Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> What was so funny? What happened? And what rules were added?

Read the sticky post: https://www.mopedarmy.com/forums/read.php?18,4193522

kevin Smellaflange /

maybe you could water ski behind a slow motor boat & troll for alligators...lol

There are 2 responses to a silly joke, playing along and enjoying it, or codgy ole stick in the mud getting bent out of shape over it.

Way back in the day it was a wild shitshow of who could be most ridiculous, trolls trolled on topics like cats and vegetables and rainbows and it was all silliness, now it's all politics with genuine emotions attached.

Honestly though I dont think it was the politics that killed OT, mopeds in general changed, less the 80s dance party and more the grungy basement metal show. And that's fun too, but it took some of the goofiness off the internet, definitely pulled focus off the forums, took many things more seriously. But for OT, the nail was probably shelly B. She was just so genuinely nice that it took the fun outta being goobers to each other. Then everyone bailed, and then even shelly left and the only thing still here were the codgy ole mudstickers

♣Slew Foot♣ /

It should actually be like a guest and somebody's house here and think of it as like Thanksgiving dinner with a whole bunch of you know family and such yeah I was civil tactics go a long way you avoid the three majors politics religion current events

Overpriced Parts /

> Born to be WillD Wrote:

> There are 2 responses to a silly joke, playing along and enjoying it, or

> codgy ole stick in the mud getting bent out of shape over it.

>

> Way back in the day it was a wild shitshow of who could be most

> ridiculous, trolls trolled on topics like cats and vegetables and

> rainbows and it was all silliness, now it's all politics with genuine

> emotions attached.

>

> Honestly though I dont think it was the politics that killed OT, mopeds

> in general changed, it took some of the goofiness off the internet, definitely pulled focus off the forums, took, many things more seriously.

Not just OT but whole moped scene it seems,

Facebook, Twitter, Instagram moped/scooter clubs and forums became more popular putting Moped army on the back burner which was the face book of the day,

Past few years people are too politically correct, you can’t say anything nowadays, everything is moderated, no such thing as free speech and everybody’s feelings get hurt real quick/need for safe space, participation trophies, no one wants to do nothing except look at their phone making their attention span be very short

And since this site basically turned into like a mobile site making only see several posts/threads at a time instead of seeing 100 or more on the first page the short attention span kicks in and the time/posts being on this site drops off dramatically,

if you’re able to click on right away and see 100 or more you’re more apt to search for old ones look up/see old ones right away, When I go to a website if it asks how many items I want to look on each page at whether it be 50 or 500 items on the page I’ll click 500 on the page and instead of changing page after page after page,

I use to used to be able to spread the moped/small 2t bikes and Moped/2 stroke culture, For years I would prepare two or three mopeds/small 2t bikes every year for sale to young folk, some older folk too and scour shops and junkyards for parts to sell cheep but not worth it now now,

And ya Lotta people just want to have a place to sleep, some bud, something to eat and a phone in their hand without any work or motivation let alone work on bikes,

Way more folks then ever are living with their parents nowadays/use their car, credit cards instead of going out on their own (which I couldn’t wait to do/get out of my parents house) or many people come back home after having a failed marriage have old mom and dad support them so hobbies are going to the wayside,

Times changed so mostly old cars, old bikes, old Things/collector items just became things that old people like and buy, I would rather have a old good shape moped/2t bike and a 100$ phone instead of a expensive iPhone X but that’s just me/my 2cents

Sage-like observation Ken. Nailed it.

Quote Ken: ` Past few years people are too politically correct, you can’t say anything nowadays, everything is moderated, no such thing as free speech and everybody’s feelings get hurt real quick/need for safe space, participation trophies, no one wants to do nothing except look at their phone making their attention span be very short'

It's just an excuse to shut people up. EXCEPT people that curse people out...……..that is all allowed.

Cursing makes them feel big...………………. but it makes them so small. LOL!

kevin Smellaflange /

my mom was on her own & in R.I.T. in NY.

@ the age of 16 years old...she skipped a few grades.

she was the youngest in her family...no inclination for trolling...( think of trolling as a new hobby, always regurgitated )

i got an apartment @ 18 years old & held down 2 jobs...no time for trolling...lol

as a single parent w/sole custody of my boys

( i had 5 ) they held down jobs while in high school & now own houses...trolling didn't exist yet as a phrase.

i see most kids are still @ home in a lot of cases...and heavy into the ''glowing screen that beckons''.

in my city certain Chinese restaurants bring over as many people as they want, to work in the restaurant,

people trafficking is huge...most people don't notice their surroundings, their captivated by the glow of there screen...

Chinese massage parlors in the local news, bringing in people to this country getting busted a lot...

...most people don't understand what is happening around them, they are hyper fixated on their screens...

..i wonder what percentage are trolling as you read this post....lol

^ Yep....many seem to have way too much time on their hands. It's kind of funny, if someone would have told you 30 yrs ago that you would carry around a device that tracks your physical whereabouts, can most likely hear you and see where you are, tracks your internet search's, messages etc, not only would you do this, you would pay for the "privilege" and feel anxious without the device, people would have laughed at you, amazing what we can be marketed into. If you think for a second any of the app designers etc really care about making your life better, you are nuts, they just found a new way to separate you from more of your money. Enjoy.

kevin Smellaflange /

indubitably...lol

boy that kettle sure is black

> Brent Eaton Wrote:

> ..i wonder what percentage are trolling as you read this post....lol

As I read this I wonder what you're smoking, and where I can get it.(edited)

> P8R . Wrote:

> > Brent Eaton Wrote:

>

> > ..i wonder what percentage are trolling as you read this post....lol

>

> As I read this I wonder what you're smoking, and where I can get it.

Meth, and from what i understand you can get that pretty much everywhere in the US.

kevin Smellaflange /

this is the 2nd time you have accused me of smoking meth...you don't know me, your knickers are in a twist.

your a troll...someone has an opinion, just because you Bas Autousedtowas can't understand it that's not my fault...you sniveling tampon

Overpriced Parts /

> Bas Autowas Wrote

>

> Meth, and from what i understand you can get that pretty much everywhere

> in the US.

Well if you ever get out of that fishbowl size country or yours and come to the Ocean size USA you’ll see that that isn’t true,

Where I live and most of my area there is very little meth drug activity!

Big cities on the coasts or borders hell yeah but in the heartland nothing like what you hear but ya in CA methamphetamine possession is only a ticket and is almost accepted!

Our states are huge, most states are 10x the size where you live or better and they all have their own laws and the west coast and left coast states are all fighting with the federal government, they want to be their own countries it seems, I kind a wish they would be their own countries so they don’t interfere where I live with their nut case ideas and I’m so happy we have a democratic republic not just a democracy government because we/the rest of the United States don’t want to be ruled by basically two states California and New York !

The Rustbelt rules!

kevin Smellaflange /

BAS Autousedtowas is prolly FEELING HE CAN SAY ANYTHING AND GET AWAY WITH IT...he has meth on the brain.

living in another country he is pretty safe...i'm not going to see him at any rallies....in AMERICA people don't think it's at all clever to accuse someone of smoking meth 3-4 times and not get a good ol' fashion upper cut.

We're `fly-over country' and proud of it! The `deplorables' that `Sillary' talked about and demeaned. LOL!

Dirty30 Dillon /

The Midwestern states have higher rates of arrests for the possession and production of methamphetamines than the coasts.

Your data from riding around the neighborhood on the weekend does not offer you insight into the problems facing your communities. Don't be blind.

Quote Dillon: ` the Midwestern States have higher rates of arrests for the possession and production of methamphetamines than the coasts.'

LOL! THAT's because OUR cops actually do their jobs...…………..LOL!

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Obviously the answer is to build a time machine go back in time take out Jerry Springer and the originator of a MTV they're the world's cultural problems all solved in one Fell Swoop

And that would be Richard Bay he started the whole talk show shock genre at Secaucus Channel 9 wor

> Don Ohio Wrote:

> Quote Dillon: ` the Midwestern States have higher rates of arrests for

> the possession and production of methamphetamines than the coasts.'

>

> LOL! THAT's because OUR cops actually do their jobs...…………..LOL!

Is that also why on average way more people die because of drugs in Ohio?

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Well not being from around here Ohio is like the Middle East for the United States and as such it is like any other high-traffic Port City you look at all the port cities in the United States and I bet the opioid drop rate is a lot higher do Newark or New York City try Orlando in Jacksonville now you get into like Des Moines all these things have have a lot in common once you realize out the Midwest there's not much to do especially in the winter and stuff I mean run at seasonally and you'll see what happens that's when you have the Midwest drop rates cuz you're so damn bored and what else are you going to do cuz TV is just as mine trap

Hey to be fair Ken's right, theres not alot of meth in ohio anymore. Everyone does heroin and pharmaceutical opiates now

Anyhow, on topic, I think we all have very different definitions of a troll. But I dont buy this definition that it's just someone who disagrees with you and argues or calls names. If it were then we are all trolls, and so is anyone who doesnt gleefully agree with everything.

Also if the intent of that argument was maliciously goading you, that is if they were trolling, then something like claiming you smoke meth would just be baiting you to illicit a reaction, and thus by responding and calling someone a troll and getting fussy, that's just biting right on. Especially threatening real world physical violence over the internet. Trolls love that. In alot of ways, trolling could be perceived as an internet fight, and resorting to threats of physical fighting is an admission of giving up, losing, the internet fight

kevin Smellaflange /

willd... has a point.

Dirty30 Dillon /

> Don Ohio Wrote:

> Quote Dillon: ` the Midwestern States have higher rates of arrests for

> the possession and production of methamphetamines than the coasts.'

>

> LOL! THAT's because OUR cops actually do their jobs...…………..LOL!

All three of them.

kevin Smellaflange /

A-Zed seems to have taken up the new trolling gift on a newer thread...he looks for a certain ''who'' then just starts raggen' on him. he is an epic troll, w/his new buddy...formally known as plumbers crack (what?)

with the fastest grass in the west. lol

> Brent Eaton Wrote:

> A-Zed seems to have taken up the new trolling gift on a newer

> thread...he looks for a certain ''who'' then just starts raggen' on him.

> he is an epic troll, w/his new buddy...formally known as plumbers crack

> (what?)

>

> with the fastest grass in the west. lol

though we don't actually know each other, blaine and i both go back over 10 years on this forum.

that said, i'd venture to say he's probably pretty cool IRL, which is more than i can say for others here.

may i suggest that you chill out and not get your panties all ruffled over other people's squabbles?

> ♣Slew Foot♣ Wrote:

> I think I'm just going to buy a canoe and forget about all this s***...

lol, go to canada and find, targaped.

kevin Smellaflange /

iv'e obviously hit a nerve...

poor A-Zed...dead...baby?

you have your timeline misshapen AGAIN, go back to your first fussy tampon question of the the thread ''your'e'' referring to....back..back in time, search your gray matter for a glimmer of functionality.

then & only then..will you find the peace that all your therapy can bring you.

you don't want to waist your families money do you?

> A Zed Wrote:

>targaped.

Im going to have to go back to these threads for a good laugh

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account