Re: Options for a flat slide on Chinese scooter

In a way I agree with Don on this, tiny tires are a bitch IF you get it in the hole, when riding with a friend who had an Areo 80 and I on my 50v I saw a hole coming out of a corner, no time to avoid, I WAS going too fast, but stood up and leaned back, tire did not bottom out, was a hell of a bump though, my friends areo, went in, and stopped, he went over the bars, ugly crash, mostly our fault though for going too fast. I agree a fatter tire is better, but I would prefer a 17" to a 12", as it is easier to keep the 17 rolling, once it stops you are hosed. You can flip a moped in a big enough pot hole. Riding a small wheel scooter is not a skill I have mastered as I have only had one a few days at a time, I'm sure with practice I would master it, it IS all about watching the road. The short wheelbase and tiny tires of scooters make them twitchy to me, hard to keep in a straight line...and yeah, I ride sober. :) Wider tires like a Zuma or Ruckus are WAY better for saving the rim if you do hit a hole. MN potholes are a bitch, due to our temp extremes, can be close to 100 in summer, and -26 in the winter, plays hell with pavement. Whatever you ride, be careful! (I have nothing against good scooters for the record, keep the China crap).(edited)

Quote Dillon: `Tires aren't spanning shit, you tire has a like 1/2" by 1" contact patch.'

This has no relationship to how deep yer gonna go into the pothole as you fly over the handlebars. LOL!

Some people need a word, SOME people just hafta nearly get killed to learn anything.

Dirty30 Dillon /

> Don Ohio Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Quote Dillon: `Tires aren't spanning shit, you tire has a like 1/2" by

> 1" contact patch.'

>

> This has no relationship to how deep yer gonna go into the pothole as

> you fly over the handlebars. LOL!

>

> Some people need a word, SOME people just hafta nearly get killed to

> to learn anything.

Here's hoping I'm the latter so I don't have to listen to you.

> Eric Davenport Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Will, I have a 50mm big bore and cam for it already. Also ordered a "big

> valve" head it came in the other day. It's just a stock head with small

> valves and ports. So I'm gonna stick with the scooter carb for now. I

> guess even when buying Chinese you get what you pay for. I just can't

> justify spending $100+ for a hoca or ncy brand head for a $25 scooter

There are I think 2 common stock heads, if you got the big valve and its same as stock, you probably had the bigger to begin with. Yea, it's all very cheap stuff

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account