LA fun?

† CH∆D † /

Headed to the city for the first time to watch the finale of Rupauls Drag Race. Anyone have cool things to recommend?

Re: LA fun?

Tito's tacos, Johnny's pastrami.

It's been years but I always had fun visiting the little hidden celebrity cemeterys.

I usually never leave the bus station upon arrival. I just stand in front of the map machine with half a pop can of lacquer thinner raised to my lips. When I have huffed all the thinner I get back on the bus for home.

^lmfao! was on the outskirts of LA once, turned tail for home...WAY too much. Never been to New York either, but I imagine sort of the same, just older, WAY too many people.

LA's great. Last time I was there I spent some time hitting up the moped locals, fantastic folks, and checked out lucky wheels garage. Then found some high school friend who's in studio city and we hit up some fancy gimmicky bars & eats in the hills, also caught up college friends who've got a rave warehouse artspace and had a great time seeing them. my aunt's out there so we got some great sushi and some of the other swoops were also out there at the same time so I was able to find those dudes and go do the touristy stuff that you're less interested in as a local - observatory, marina, etc

its all your interests tho, some stuff I was pumped to see #1 anywhere I go are friends, LA specific locations, Chinatown was cool, titos tacos! we did go there it was fucking amazing (but not as good as tacos el gordo in san diego...) I was interested in checking out the LA river and aqueducts so I did that, really neat parks, Hollywood - everywhere you go it's all stuff that's immediately recognizable from movies, games , songs etc it's such an iconic city. I liked the observatory a lot but it helped having some drinks and folks to share it with

__̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__ /

I loved that song.... :D

Don't know where you'll be staying at but I agree with the above - depends on what you're into, but the observatory is awesome! I will add that if you want a more chill beach experience than Venice (which is also cool just too many people for me), I always point people to Angel's Gate in San Pedro. Cool overlook, there's a path to the beach (rock beach though) and less people.

Haven't lived in LA for a few years but I grew up and went to school & worked all over so if you have specific questions, ask away.

« Go to Topic — end of thread