end of an era

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Bethlehem Steel's headquarters building Martin Towers is being demolished at 7 a.m. this morning

Re: end of an era

♣Slew Foot♣ /

I had worked in that building the foyer was amazing it had like 37 different kinds of Marvel imported from all over the world making mosaics on the floor when they were salvaging it I didn't even see any of that leave when it was Dun & Bradstreet they were there was a freaking haberdashery and a barber shop along with a cafeteria that had prime rib and filet mignon times have changed now it's junk Heap

__̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__ /

film it! edit it into 911 vids. wth...

♣Slew Foot♣ /
20190519_063434_HDR.jpg

I actually got it I was in one of the red zones

♣Slew Foot♣ /

I don't have YouTube or Vimeo though

Yeah, but they're replacing it,right?! Business goes on,I guess.

Blaine- The artist formerly known as Plumber Crack "(OFMC)" /

Youtube is free. Create an account and post it up.

Brad William /

Memories are multicolored.

In late fall of 1999 I was with the woman I most ever loved, and lost that year to another guy. We were shopping for travel odds/ends at a Walgreens in the first basement level of the twin towers NYC.

The morning I watched the towers on live TV, disintegrate into the basement, the memory of that half hour with her in walgreens became as vividly burned in my mind's eye as anything else that day. Life is fundamentally selfish that way.(edited)

wow ! very interesting,, sad butt true !,, significance ! WOW ! ,,, THANX !. Seriously *

u nailed it for me today ! and good nite MA ! tyvm again ~

it's just me

~~~~~relax~~~~ b_cool, blend_in

__̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__ /

i like explosives (-;

tracking hinders my posting vids

YA,, last of American steel? no mo?,, sad but true? correct me if I'm wrong please,,

I feel hurt !

I MUST SAY , GbA

> RAY. BENGAY Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> YA,, last of American steel? no mo?,, sad but true? correct me

> if I'm wrong please,,

>

> I feel hurt !

>

> I MUST SAY , GbA

Steel's coming back...………….one building means nothing.

OK, tyvm Don, niCE !, I was holdin my heart in 1 hand,, and slidin sideways for a few,, thinkin to myself ,, we is holdin steady Captain ! but the ship is going Down ! ,, how do we spell relief?

I always be grateful, even if it does, livin in SEA OF FORGOTTEN _________ < FILL IN DA_BOX.

Well, I've heard it's on the way back and with this economy doing so well, unemployment is way down, and there is hope that Union jobs at steel mills will increase.

ya, and ifin they wanna reuse that bldg. again,, a hand full of panheads,, and and sum drywall too, it could be reassembled and made usable again . ,, it mite lean a lil(foundation*),, but itll still be a good ole usable building,, and not sold as scrap sum place else.

sumtimes I feel,, like an old piece of steel, a long , long way !! from my home !

yea, come back. gotta have steel to stop the amigos. =^)

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Well the story goes after Dun & Bradstreet vacated the building it's stood vacant for close to a decade in that time homeless people and such started Living in it so it was graffiti doll up add to the fact that there was a local guy who decided to scrap all the copper and piping in the building at that point because of the nature of the old style building it had outbuildings that took care of the heating and the hot water and the air conditioning that were all attached by those pipes and when the guy scrap the stuff out he basically made the building a trash Heap because up to that point if all the plumbing was still intact a developer could have updated it all the solar but because of the massive amounts of damage to the inside of the building it was decided to scrap it Bethlehem Steel no longer exists it is just a legal entity that holds its liabilities such as pensions and real estate holdings if you have a skyscraper in your town a very very long Bridge a railroad bridge or if you're at a port chances are there's some Bethlehem Steel Within two feet of you also back in the day Bethlehem was home of Beth Lyon togs and they were the largest manufacturer of textiles in America before NAFTA

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Yeah the Golden Gate Bridge and most skyscrapers and yes even the Titanic had been made of Bethlehem Steel almost all the World War II battleships guns warforged here when I worked at the auxiliary yard B in the railroad side in the late 90s there were still sections of the original plant that were closed that still had P-51 Mustang Wings complete with the three machine guns in them

Blaine- The artist formerly known as Plumber Crack "(OFMC)" /

U.S. steel is dead. Forever.

A different perspective.

BD9DDB3C-A049-4502-9C6D-7827B3655141.jpeg

(edited)

Brad William /

One of the dumbest things I've done in my life, on a few level, was watching this from across the street in 1998.

[url=http://

][/url]

I lived in Ann Arbor. Friends lived on the top floor of an apt bldg next to the Hudson bldg. A small rooftop party was planned in stupid giddy defiance of police orders to be elsewhere. I'm pretty sure it is the bldg in the right foreground at 1:05 in the video.

Few of us had ever witnessed such a thing, had no appreciation of the danger, and no expectation of the DUST!!!!

Fucking Christ. It was mind blowing thrilling to witness, that close, for about 20 seconds. One second later you literally could not see your hand in front of your face through the dust. We groped blindly for the stairwell and saw nothing but whiteout through the apartment windows for the next 45 mins. Mmmmmmm. 75 years worth of asbestos, insecticides, rodenticides, god knows what else, and probably 100x oshas ultra fine concrete dust yearly exposure limits. And we could have died on the spot. And we should have been arrested.(edited)

Brad William /

My car was parked in Greek Town near the outer limits of the police cordon a few blocks away from the Hudson. When I got to it it was blanketed in dust like snow.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

We had from canister filter masks because my buddy is a painter

i built a warehouse there once...

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Were you up here with fish hook?

He was the concrete supervisor for the warehousing project

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account