One of the dumbest things I've done in my life, on a few level, was watching this from across the street in 1998.
I lived in Ann Arbor. Friends lived on the top floor of an apt bldg next to the Hudson bldg. A small rooftop party was planned in stupid giddy defiance of police orders to be elsewhere. I'm pretty sure it is the bldg in the right foreground at 1:05 in the video.
Few of us had ever witnessed such a thing, had no appreciation of the danger, and no expectation of the DUST!!!!
Fucking Christ. It was mind blowing thrilling to witness, that close, for about 20 seconds. One second later you literally could not see your hand in front of your face through the dust. We groped blindly for the stairwell and saw nothing but whiteout through the apartment windows for the next 45 mins. Mmmmmmm. 75 years worth of asbestos, insecticides, rodenticides, god knows what else, and probably 100x oshas ultra fine concrete dust yearly exposure limits. And we could have died on the spot. And we should have been arrested. (edited)