Re: Rare car! 1 day left on BAT.

the 1989 avanti was not built by studebaker, as the URL suggests. the last studebaker-built avanti was in 1963. by 1989, the production had been moved to youngstown, OH, where less than 500 were made.

if i myself wanted a car with a 305 and a TH350, i'd scour craigslist and get one of any number of decent '80's GM cars for sub-$2k, and leave this car for some other sucker.

the studebaker and post-studebaker avantis may be rare, but rare does not equate to being good.

i find this to be a bit of an odd-looking car. it is kinda cool, but it's not $8.5k cool, IMHO

also IMHO, as opposed to spending my hard-earned jack on this car, i'd get something truly awesome, like this (though this one has already been sold to a very lucky new owner).Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 05/20/19 04:26PM by zeds_dead_baby.

Another ugly Rambler...…………...well, I'll take the Avanti II a hundred to one over THAT! LOL!

__̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__ /

One of these things is not like the others,

One of these things just doesn't belong,

Can you tell which thing is not like the others

By the time I finish my song

Screenshot_20190520-182300.png

the car actually is pretty cool, and at the price its offered at, is not too bad a deal. hagerty values it at $9,500 for a condition of fair.

the part i don't get is why anyone would have paid $45,000 (almost $94,000 by today's standards) on this car. all they offered it in was a 305 auto. a 350 4-speed would have been so nice. there were definitely nicer, less antiquated cars available for much less money.

$11k...no, thanks.

Reserve NOT met! Valuable convertible there!

> Don Ohio Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Reserve NOT met! Valuable convertible there!

there's good reason for this.

Here's another rare convertible.

https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/cars-for-sale/avanti/unspecified/2264795.html?refer=blog

AND another...…………..

https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/dealer/avanti/ii/2146443.html?refer=blog

Lookin' pretty rare and valuable to ME! LOL!Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/21/19 06:33PM by don45640.

> Don Ohio Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Here's another rare convertible.

>

> https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/cars-for-sale/avanti/unspecified/2264795.html?refer=blog

>

> AND another...…………..

>

> https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/dealer/avanti/ii/2146443.html?refer=blog

>

> Lookin' pretty rare and valuable to ME! LOL!

you can ask whatever you want for a vehicle. whether you get it or not is another thing.

hagerty values these at less than $30k in concours condition. seems like these sellers are a bit high.

that, and it's a question of supply and demand. if no one wants to pay over $11k for the one from BAT, these sellers may not have much luck getting what they want for theirs, considering they're asking more than they're worth.Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/21/19 07:17PM by zeds_dead_baby.

We'll track it and see what he gets for it. Being a convertible it will fetch a pretty good price.

__̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__ /

liberace car nuf said

Blaine- The artist formerly known as Plumber Crack "(OFMC)" /

Convertibles are over-rated. That a Avanti has a serious case of butterface

E7C2444C-E837-4D34-9E40-ABE1E02442FF.jpeg

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/22/19 09:33AM by fastestgrass.

« Go to Topic — end of thread