Re: Next bike? thinking about selling my SM

daaaaaaamn!

Didn't see that coming, but very cool bike to own.

Jimmy Cincinnati /

Nice! My buddy has one, i kind of rode it this past weekend (didnt take it out of 1st gear as i was in a gravel lot). Cool bikes.

^Mmmmm Kenney Roberts replica? Yellow Black? Super sweet and very fast if you ditch the stock pipes with the converters.... you are going to love this bike! :D

> Stephen Keller Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> ^Mmmmm Kenney Roberts replica? Yellow Black? Super sweet and very fast

> if you ditch the stock pipes with the converters.... you are going to

> love this bike! :D

yup! '84 yellow black scheme :)

dg pipes, zeeltronic cdi, upjetted and needle kit. should rip ! sorry no pix yet, im a forgetfull asshole

I had a red/white one, for about 3 weeks, until I crashed it, had Toomy pipes, was jetted, the whole deal...it was a ripper! Do post pics, not seen one in prob 25+ yrs. :)

yeah i got to ride one around the block a few years ago and i haven't decided i'm mature enough for one yet.

when you thinking about what you're getting, even if you pay top dollar for one 8-12k bucks, you are getting a phenominal value on a bike that spanks just about everything, and its not like they are making more of them any time soon.

that said, i don't think i'd want to ride one for more than a few hours at a crack.

I kinda accidentally stumbled into picking up a rebel 250 on Tuesday. it was too good of a deal to pass up - so I guess I found my next bike, lol

part of me wants to make it funny and dumb because it's so cheap I don't feel guilty "ruining" it, while the sensible part of me wants to just clean it up and sell it for a solid profit

Flip that thing... at one time they were sought after. I do not know if they are now. Still a solid good looking beginner bike.

If you mod it you will not make the money you could! But this is what I would do as I need the play cash at the moment.

> Graham Motzing Wrote:

> yeah i got to ride one around the block a few years ago and i haven't

> decided i'm mature enough for one yet.

>

> when you thinking about what you're getting, even if you pay top dollar

> for one 8-12k bucks, you are getting a phenominal value on a bike that

> spanks just about everything, and its not like they are making more of

> them any time soon.

>

> that said, i don't think i'd want to ride one for more than a few hours

> at a crack.

Lol, I was NOT mature enough for mine, it kicked my ass...lol, but you are right, not a long ride bike.

eh im not planning on modding it out... just riding it as is. imo it's an investment bike, only going up in value. i know it's worth between 5500-7ish rn in running condition

Oh hey I remembered today! Littttt

I'll see if I can upload a vid of her running..

20190709_122057.jpg
20190709_122113.jpg

Very nice!

Sick RZ! I had the opportunity to look at a beautiful cheap Honda ns250 when I was shopping but I wanted a long ride bike and that was ~not~ the bike for it.

I'll plug my own bike for anyone looking for babydv/touring- I got a cb500x for 3.5k with about as many miles and the thing is such a great little swiss-army knife. Not great at anything but pretty good at lots of things. Rode it 10k across the country - slab, cities, twisty backroads, fire-roads even some more difficult offroad bits and not a single issue, it just goes.

Sadly my lil legs are probably going to keep me from most of the ADVs I covet.(edited)

whitesands.jpg

> Phoebe Sux Wrote:

> Sick RZ! I had the opportunity to look at a beautiful cheap Honda ns250

> when I was shopping but I wanted a long ride bike and that was ~not~ the

> bike for it.

>

> I'll plug my own bike for anyone looking for babydv/touring- I got a

> cb500x for 3.5k with about as many miles and the thing is such a great

> little swiss-army knife. Not great at anything but pretty good at lots

> of things. Rode it 10k across the country - slab, cities, twisty

> backroads, fire-roads even some more difficult offroad bits and not a

> single issue, it just goes.

>

> Sadly my lil legs are probably going to keep me from most of the ADVs I

> covet.

i've been hearing great things about the new cb500's,, cool stuff ! looks like honda's version of yamaha's fz/mt

Larry Picarello /

Ditto on the Vstrom. The 650 is the way to go. Does everything well. W/ cases and a top box carries a ton of whatever.

« Go to Topic — end of thread