Yo Canada moped friends, how rare is my ped, or how can I find out?

Hey dudes, so I have a Motobecane 51V, never seen another one like it for sale in over a decade...and for the record no I am not looking to calculate some ridiculous value for it, I know my Canadian comrades are known to price their mopeds for their weight in gold...I am honestly just wondering how rare it might be so I know how big of a boner to get while rippin' it down the street. I already used to get a pretty good chub on, but now that I'm bringing it back from the dead (it's the ICONIC Chrysler Blue Sky btw rofl), I'm ready for a bigger chub. ya feel? So is there like a registry or any MTO homies that can hack into the registries for me #askingforafriend ? sorry long day, several beers participated in the making of this post.

Re: Yo Canada moped friends, how rare is my ped, or how can I find out?

Not rare at all, one of the most produced mopeds in the world.

Jimmy Cincinnati /

Ive learned from experience that not all rare bikes are sought after. Sometimes being rare just means its more annoying to find parts for while being worth the same as anything else. Based on my research on google the 51v has just a little bit different styling than a 50v... most of that might just be decals and rack options.

Rick Bergsma /

> Jimmy Cincinnati Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Ive learned from experience that not all rare bikes are sought after.

> Sometimes being rare just means its more annoying to find parts for

> while being worth the same as anything else. Based on my research on

> google the 51v has just a little bit different styling than a 50v...

> most of that might just be decals and rack options.

The 51V has the AV 10 engine.

I had a 51V with only 450 kms on it .

I sold it to a friend of Rebel Moby for $600 and included a new in box 70 cc kit about 5 years ago.

Jimmy Cincinnati /

Well an AV10 should command a bit more money then.

I know that as a moped it’s not rare, my drunk ass was wondering how many others there might be in Canada because I have yet to see another one in a decade.

And yep 51v came with an AV10 but like I said I’m not planning on selling this thing(edited)

Rick Bergsma /

This is the one I had . Sounds like yours is the same color .

The thing that I remember most about this bike is how easily it started . You could flick the flywheel with 2 fingers and it would fire right up .

Dangit, Rick! How could I forget you have/had one?!

Yep same color, I love it :)

I am hoping to get my setup to that point where I can just start it by flicking the flywheel, especially because i'm running the kickstart ER3

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account