custom motorcycle legality theory....

mit mortso /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

so let's imagine a wizard comes tonight and turns your moped into a REAL MOTORCYCLE! just like pinocchio! cool! except now, you need documentation, even in GA.d

lets say the wizard was nice enough to magic you up a title, and the title has a number on it, that matches a number on your engine, your transmission, and your frame. that's 3 vin numbers that match, registration should be a breeze.

now let's just say this wizard, forgot to put oil in the magic bike, and you were so distracted by all the magic, that you kept blasting till the motor evaporated. so you get a new motor and put it in the bike. lets say the new motor comes with a matching trans. your title and insurance and stuff already exists. the number on the frame matches it.

here's where the theory starts. let's just say a cop pulls you over. i feel lie they rarely check the actual vin numbers, but if they did, they might notice they don't match. i could see this being a problem if you were trying to register a bike like that, but if you already had it's paperwork, it should be ok, right?

ok same story, but instead of blowing the motor, let's say the motor is still good and i "make" a cool custom frame. let's say the frame has no vin number. when the cops see it they're gonna be like "where's the vin!?" and i inform them that it's a custom frame, and they should check the motor/trans. that's cool, right? what if i put the motor in 1 bike, the trans in another, and rebuild the original frame with new parts. so like, theoretically, they're all 1 bike. 1 tag, 1 insurance policy, only ride 1 at a time, it's just very, very custom...it's a complicated story of how i arrived at this disposition. basically, i shouldda stuck to mopads....

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.
Subject Written By Posted
  custom motorcycle legality theory....Topic by: mit mortso mit mortso 06/02/19 11:26PM
  Re: custom motorcycle legality theory....Re: Josiah Radebaugh Josiah Radebaugh 06/02/19 11:45PM
  Re: custom motorcycle legality theory....Re: Overpriced Parts Overpriced Parts 06/02/19 11:56PM
  Re: custom motorcycle legality theory....Re: baird co baird co 06/03/19 12:18AM
  Re: custom motorcycle legality theory....Re: ♣Slew Foot♣ ♣Slew Foot♣ 06/03/19 11:28AM
  Re: custom motorcycle legality theory....Re: Josiah Radebaugh Josiah Radebaugh 06/03/19 10:19PM
  Re: custom motorcycle legality theory....Re: kevin smellaflange kevin smellaflange 06/03/19 11:46AM
  Re: custom motorcycle legality theory....Re: Thomas TPRF Thomas TPRF 06/04/19 01:21AM
  Re: custom motorcycle legality theory....Re: __̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__ __̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__ 06/03/19 09:28PM
  Re: custom motorcycle legality theory....Re: Born to be WillD Born to be WillD 06/13/19 05:25PM
  Re: custom motorcycle legality theory....Re: ♣Slew Foot♣ ♣Slew Foot♣ 06/15/19 02:58AM
  Re: custom motorcycle legality theory....Re: Thomas TPRF Thomas TPRF 06/15/19 09:53AM
  Re: custom motorcycle legality theory....Re: Ryan . Ryan . 06/16/19 04:12PM
  Re: custom motorcycle legality theory....Re: Josiah Radebaugh Josiah Radebaugh 06/15/19 10:30AM
  Re: custom motorcycle legality theory....Re: Ryan . Ryan . 06/15/19 09:03AM
  Re: custom motorcycle legality theory....Re: ♣Slew Foot♣ ♣Slew Foot♣ 06/16/19 08:59AM

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account