Electric Bird "mopeds"

ignoring the obvious (no pedals)

i cant wait to find out where the gps tracker is on one of these and see what good parts can be salvaged

Screenshot_20190604-145801_Samsung Internet.jpg

Re: Electric Bird "mopeds"

At least you posted it in the right forum......better go back and put it in the gen.Disc. forum...….LOL!

Re: Electric Bird "mopeds"

Overpriced Parts /

50 miles on a charge!

I just did 50mi miles on state route 45-55mph roads on gila kitted magnum and about a hr + 20-30 minutes I was back home, went to the store and back 8 more miles and I still have gas left in my tank,

I have all my bikes now jetted for cheap 87 octane and I use cheap Walmart 2t synthetic oil so the price per gallon is very very reasonable!

The only way electric vehicle of any kind would ever be viable in my opinion is if you could go hundreds of miles on a charge and then have charging stations at every gas station and have a full charge in a few minutes too,

of course you would need the whole power grid infrastructure is the USA to be rebuilt and that’s never gonna happen ,

Use oil products at least 50% for another 25-50 years until you figure out what to do

Catalytic converter‘s and other pollution control systems to a pretty good job keep omissions down as well as hybrid plug-in type vehicles that have no range limitations are good,

Don’t rush in the battery stuff too soon because of these nutcase politicians that say 8 to 12 years our planet is going to be dead and make too many mistakes on the way like they did with nuclear power and thousands of lives paid for it and still do with thousands of rare/children cancer deaths each year,

Re: Electric Bird "mopeds"

Fools rush in!

Re: Electric Bird "mopeds"

Shit, I didn't see this and posted this in general. Some will have pedals though according to some articles I read.

Re: Electric Bird "mopeds"

50 miles per charge sounds pretty lame. i think if they can figure a way to double that, they may be onto something if it's not prices through the roof.

i really like the simple good looks of this thing.

Re: Electric Bird "mopeds"

Josiah Radebaugh /

Don't see that being an issue... If you just want to cruise into town and around just because then 50miles is fine... But I can put more than that on pretty easy on a bike just rippin around town.

Re: Electric Bird "mopeds"

I know for a fact I'm gonna see kids ripping these all over Columbus. 50 miles is plenty when you only move in a 5 mile radius in the city, and a lot of kids at big state schools (one of the biggest markets for bird/lime) don't even go that far

Re: Electric Bird "mopeds"

Dirty30 Dillon /

Are you seriously complaining about 50 MILES.

Where the fuck do you NEED to go on a tiny two-wheeled bike that is a 50 mile round trip.

The "the only way electricity is viable" thing is bullshit. Electricity has been viable for awhile now. Ken and Don saying "I need more mileage" is just about the funniest thing ever, given you are using your bikes for recreation anyways.

Meanwhile, people on electric 2-wheeled devices work 60 hours a week on them, day and night, rain or shine, and have no complaints.

Re: Electric Bird "mopeds"

OG Crazy Wayne /

Yes they claim it has a 50-mile range but that range is if you use 100% of the batteries charged.

Yeah a 50-mile range under perfect flat conditions with a hundred pound Rider

Most batteries don't like being run completely down and usually take twice as long to recharge if you use more than 80% of its charge.

So in real life it only has a 35 mile range.

Re: Electric Bird "mopeds"

> ..... poop Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> i cant wait to find out where the gps tracker is on one of these and see

> what good parts can be salvaged

dang you're so edgy and cool

Re: Electric Bird "mopeds"

Dirty30 Dillon /

> OG Crazy Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Yes they claim it has a 50-mile range but that range is if you use 100%

> of the batteries charged.

>

> Yeah a 50-mile range under perfect flat conditions with a hundred pound

> Rider

>

> Most batteries don't like being run completely down and usually take

> twice as long to recharge if you use more than 80% of its charge.

>

> So in real life it only has a 35 mile range.

In real life, 35 miles is fucking far either way. Y'all complaining about range can't even be bothered to get out of your armchair to ride anyways.

Re: Electric Bird "mopeds"

OG Crazy Wayne /

I'm not complaining about its range I'm just explaining the reality of the range under real-life conditions.

Re: Electric Bird "mopeds"

> Vova Fett Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > ..... poop Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > i cant wait to find out where the gps tracker is on one of these and

> see

>

> > what good parts can be salvaged

>

> dang you're so edgy and cool

Shit, I see the scooter broken in half all over the city, is grabbing some mag wheels off of one of these broken in half laying on the side of the road such an evil thing?

Re: Electric Bird "mopeds"

He thinks "he's" being cool by acting above repurposing something that may or not have been left in the city or by the side of the road somewhere.

Re: Electric Bird "mopeds"

Where's the front suspension?

Re: Electric Bird "mopeds"

OG Crazy Wayne /

> Don Ohio Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Where's the front suspension?

Looks like they're depending on the fat tire but don't take my word, you would never do that anyway, maybe you should contact the manufacturer and ask them.

Re: Electric Bird "mopeds"

> ..... poop Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> He thinks "he's" being cool by acting above repurposing something that

> may or not have been left in the city or by the side of the road

> somewhere.

Your use of quotations is way off. If anything, it should have been bolded or italicized. Vandalizing other people's property is hella cool tho you're right.

> Nick Haber Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Shit, I see the scooter broken in half all over the city, is grabbing

> some mag wheels off of one of these broken in half laying on the side of

> the road such an evil thing?

That's a different story! If the thing's focked why not scrap it for parts, but that's not what the initial statement suggested.

Re: Electric Bird "mopeds"

> Vova Fett Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > ..... poop Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > He thinks "he's" being cool by acting above repurposing something that

>

> > may or not have been left in the city or by the side of the road

>

> > somewhere.

>

> Your use of quotations is way off. If anything, it should have been

> bolded or italicized. Vandalizing other people's property is hella cool

> tho you're right.

>

> > Nick Haber Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > Shit, I see the scooter broken in half all over the city, is grabbing

>

> > some mag wheels off of one of these broken in half laying on the side

> of

>

> > the road such an evil thing?

>

> That's a different story! If the thing's focked why not scrap it for

> parts, but that's not what the initial statement suggested.

Sorry, Officer Grammar

Re: Electric Bird "mopeds"

Honestly why would one of these companies put big expensive batteries on the rental bikes when a good portion of them will be stolen/ vandalized anyway?

Re: Electric Bird "mopeds"

how fast u guys think theyl go? anyone ever thought of starting a place to rent mopeds bike share style or just for weird moped tours of the city? keep a fleet of maxis all dif colors people just rent and rip

Re: Electric Bird "mopeds"

Dirty30 Dillon /

> k blum Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> how fast u guys think theyl go? anyone ever thought of starting a place

> to rent mopeds bike share style or just for weird moped tours of the

> city? keep a fleet of maxis all dif colors people just rent and rip

lol, yes and it failed

Re: Electric Bird "mopeds"

> k blum Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> how fast u guys think theyl go? anyone ever thought of starting a place

> to rent mopeds bike share style or just for weird moped tours of the

> city? keep a fleet of maxis all dif colors people just rent and rip

maybe in '83 but now it'd be way too expensive a fleet to maintain in order to make a profit

Re: Electric Bird "mopeds"

Chöschi21 C.K. /

> k blum Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> how fast u guys think theyl go? anyone ever thought of starting a place

> to rent mopeds bike share style or just for weird moped tours of the

> city? keep a fleet of maxis all dif colors people just rent and rip

That exists around here, but i have to look it up.

Edit: Found it!

http://www.mofavermietung.ch/

2 Puxh maxi's, 1 Puch X30, 3 Piaggio Ciaos, 1 Piaggio SI, 6 Hercules 623, 2 Pony 503, 1 Tomos, 1 Alpa Bobby, 1 Malaguti Bellmondo and 1 Kreidler(edited)

Re: Electric Bird "mopeds"

Ken roff, Stephen and fatty the fat dummy who people also call Don, ill leave this here for you guys.

https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/mcy/d/seattle-custom-battery-electric/6908241276.html

Screenshot_2019-06-12-16-34-59.png

Re: Electric Bird "mopeds"

OG Crazy Wayne /

Oh know where is Ken going to put the mesh filter excuse me metal mess filter

Re: Electric Bird "mopeds"

Daniel,what a piece of junk! Lay 'er down and try to get THAT mess going again.....LOL!

Re: Electric Bird "mopeds"

you know puch made an electric maxi in the 70s, at least a prototype

Re: Electric Bird "mopeds"

^That would be cool to have, with modern battery/controls and motor....(edited)

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account