Kokobunji Bike Shop

Just got some random pics from a friend who lives in Japan half the year.

He said the shops been closed for a couple days but will try to get over there sometime in the next week.

Hes not a gearhead so wasnt sure what he was looking at but has strict orders to go back and take more pics when it's open.

IMG_6633.jpg
IMG_6631.jpg
FullSizeR(5).jpg

Re: Kokobunji Bike Shop

I would kill for a Honda Gorilla. And what's that blue Honda dual sport in the left of the first pic? Almost looks like a TL125

Yeah, theres at least 3 that I can see

the blue one you mentioned and then two older silver ones (different years) just to the right with the BIALS covers

ts125s, gorillas, bsa, honda minis, theres just so much shit stacked in there

Josiah Radebaugh /

I love Honda minis....

**UPDATE**

The plot thickens...

Apparently the old guy from the neighborhood my friend ran into didnt mean it wasnt open at that moment but rather, the shop is just sorta closed. Like forgotten.

My friend and I are in the the "research" stage of this and it's gonna take some time to find out who owns the place (if theyre even still alive) and if any of this stuff is for sale.

At first I was all "hey, cool shop."

Now Im obsessed.

Updates will (slowly) follow...

IMG_6672.jpg
IMG_6673.jpg
IMG_6674.jpg

pics continued...

IMG_6678.jpg
IMG_6675.jpg
IMG_6676.jpg

I'm not a big fan of Japanese bikes but there is some nice stuff in there.

> Bas Autowas Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I'm not a big fan of Japanese bikes but there is some nice stuff in

> there.

Same here. Not really my thing either but digging through and finding shit is my thing

and theres just gotta be something in there I'd want to bring back home.

I like everything about this

Probably gonna restart this thread over soon.

So my buddy is a stupid gaijin and has only began speaking japanese a few years ago. His wife helped him out and the story is a bit different than earlier reported.

The elderly bike shop owner is ALIVE but has "flexible" hours.

(As an aside, we talked for awhile about Japan's aging population being a serious concern and although Kokobunji is a fairly popular city for young families there are hundreds of thousands of homes littered across the country that have simply been abandoned.)

So that's where I'm at. I've already spoke to him about renting a truck and going on a bike hunt through the japanese countryside (he thinks im nuts). So I guess all I need now is money, time, and more money.

I have absolutely no idea where this headed...

Old man doesn’t want to sell any of that jive at reasonable pricing during his flexible hours? Y’all gave up before talking to the old man?

Dirty30 Dillon /

Export/Import taxes are pretty prohibitive in the budget of a small scale thing.

That, and I think you will find that those bikes are just as coveted as the vintage Japanese bikes are here and the prices are not going to be fire sale status.

Well...........poop

> jayson sumpter Wrote:

> Well...........poop

If by chance your buddy finds a 1990's CBR250rr there I am willing to pay a few grand for one in decent shape. A lot of those bikes are pretty cool but a 4 cylinder 250cc sport bike is my dream bike.

> jayson sumpter Wrote:

> Old man doesn’t want to sell any of that jive at reasonable pricing

> during his flexible hours? Y’all gave up before talking to the old man?

nah, im saying my friend ran into some old dude in the 'hood walking around while he was taking pics and asked him about the shop.

His japanese isnt terrific so he misinterpreted the explanation. His wife (who's native japanese) heard the story, clarified it and that's how he found out the owner is still alive and well.

awww rad. those dream 50's are sweet

> Born to be WillD Wrote:

> awww rad. those dream 50's are sweet

there is a dude near my house who has a dream that is showroom quality

This is flat out awesome..... staying tuned!

« Go to Topic — end of thread