Meanwhile, over in the Netherlands...

Discuss.(edited)

Re: Meanwhile, over in the Netherlands...

I actually had to google this and the first article was titled "why is Noa Pothovens death such a big deal in America"

For me its just a girl that got raped and committed suicide, something that happens thousands of times a day. Shure its not right but i wouldn't call it "news".

Jimmy Cincinnati /

This is trageic and sad... she should not be dead.

But what is it a lot of other people recite... her body her choice. So there, it’s not news for you anymore.

She probably should've been allowed euthanasia, but those clinics are very strict, you can't just have every teenager with suicidal thoughts euthanised.

OG Crazy Wayne /

Too bad they don't have those clinics in Ohio and Florida it would save people from doing bath salts and eating each others face off

> OG Crazy Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Too bad they don't have those clinics in Ohio and Florida it would save

> people from doing bath salts and eating each others face off

Luckily you guys have opioids and meth.

OG Crazy Wayne /

> Bas Autowas Wrote:

> > OG Crazy Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > Too bad they don't have those clinics in Ohio and Florida it would

> save

>

> > people from doing bath salts and eating each others face off

>

> Luckily you guys have opioids and meth.

The math is everywhere but the opioids are more of a Midwest and eastern states of the country thing the states and cities that have legalized weed and or mushrooms have a much lower suicide rate.

The sad thing is doctors are handing out opioids like Candy'

But the lobbyists and Regulators do everything they can Ondo everything we learn from Betty Ford the queen of prescription pill popper's.

> OG Crazy Wrote:

> > Bas Autowas Wrote:

>

>

> > > OG Crazy Wrote:

>

> >

>

> > > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> >

>

> > > Too bad they don't have those clinics in Ohio and Florida it would

>

> > save

>

> >

>

> > > people from doing bath salts and eating each others face off

>

> >

>

> > Luckily you guys have opioids and meth.

>

> The math is everywhere but the opioids are more of a Midwest and eastern

> states of the country thing the states and cities that have legalized

> weed and or mushrooms have a much lower suicide rate.

>

> The sad thing is doctors are handing out opioids like Candy'

>

> But the lobbyists and Regulators do everything they can Ondo everything

> we learn from Betty Ford the queen of prescription pill poppers

I included opioids for our Ohioan friends as they seem to take offense to being called methheads when replying frantically an incoherently at 5 in the morning.

Lol, if they were on opioids they would be sleeping.

> Bas Autowas Wrote:

> > OG Crazy Wrote:

>

>

> > Too bad they don't have those clinics in Ohio and Florida it would

> save

>

> > people from doing bath salts and eating each others face off

>

> Luckily you guys have opioids and meth.

and we have religious wing-nuts.

OG Crazy Wayne /

Jimmy Cincinnati /

The math is everywhere

Jimmy Cincinnati /

She probably should've been allowed euthanasia, but those clinics are very strict, you can't just have every teenager with suicidal thoughts euthanised.

Yeah i wouldnt support euthanasia for anyone short of perhaps someone with a terminal illness that is in extreme pain. But i guess im debating with people that say crap like...

Too bad they don't have those clinics in Ohio and Florida it would save people from doing bath salts and eating each others face off

OG Crazy Wayne /

Thanks for finding the math video I was looking for it I thought I had it posted in the original thank you for finding it for me.

[Yes it's true math is everywhere/b](edited)

Brad William /

The euthanasia part is second I think to the post trauma part. So much of what constitutes a trespass upon another's body and privacy is culturally informed. The more "advanced" a culture, the more likely the trespass seems to cause self destructive behavior later in life. That's a paradox. It is reprehensible, immoral, and punishable to commit such trespasses. The cultural context, laws, and norms vary however. Those aspects can mitigate against emotional survival for the victim since cultural taboos, unintentionally but inevitably, can keep compounding the victims shame and guilt. A vicious circle that just makes the initial crime that much more awful. The real shame is that it is so difficult to counsel in therapy against this shame and guilt. It should be easier it seems. It's an intellectual as much as physical dilemma.(edited)

OG Crazy Wayne /

Damn it she would have made some tasty Soylent Green.(edited)

Jimmy Cincinnati /

So much of what constitutes a trespass upon another's body and privacy is culturally informed.

Its a telling sign to see how unaffected many are at her choice to die... this is not setting up our descendants in a good way. The lack of or inadequate care of this girls post trauma should never be rectified with euthanasia.

The real shame is that it is so difficult to counsel in therapy against this shame and guilt.

Thats the real shame, we failed her.

Re: Meanwhile, over assisted suicide is okay in the Netherlands...

OG Crazy Wayne /

So basically what you're saying is the action she took was a permanent solution to a temporary problem?

Re: Meanwhile, over assisted suicide is okay in the Netherlands...

OG Crazy Wayne /

If she was Muslim she would have had much worse options like having her brother cut her throat because she was married to somebody and was not a virgin there for disgracing the family and the family would murder her out of respect for her husband.

It happens in the Middle East multiple times everyday.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marry-your-rapist_law

Marry-your-rapist law, marry-the-rapist law or rape-marriage law is a law regarding rape that exonerates a man or boy from prosecution for rape, sexual assault, statutory rape, abduction or similar acts if the offender marries his female victim. The "marry-your-rapist" law is a legal way for such a rapist to avoid punishment and prosecution.[1] Although the terms for this phenomenon were only coined in the 2010s,[2][3][4][5][6] the practice has existed in a number of legal systems in history, and continues to exist in some societies today in various forms.[7] Such laws were common around the world until the 1970s. Since the late 20th century, the remaining laws of this type have been increasingly challenged and repealed in a number of countries.[4][8]

Brad William /

“You’re allowed to believe in a god. You’re allowed to believe unicorns live in your shoes for all I care. But the day you start telling me how to wear my shoes so I don’t upset the unicorns, I have a problem with you. The day you start involving the unicorns in making decisions for this country, I have a BIG problem with you.”

And that's as much as I can add to any euthanasia debate. And I think it says enough. Suicide, assisted or purely personal, is difficult enough to discuss reasonably, without the bible based distractions or, if it fits, your goddamned bible based distractions.

Barry (Bob) Brown /

Don't get me started on Muslin's...

13269105.jpg

OG Crazy Wayne /

I thought this thread was about somebody who was raped and so upset over it they took their own life under the rules and such of the country they lived in sorry if I upset anybody by explaining what would have happened to this person if it happened in another country I noticed some more bashing her country for what they allowed all I did was present the picture of what would have happened to her in another part of the world even if she was your next door Neighbour chances are she probably still would have taken her own life if somebody had not stepped in and done it in another place on the planet

Jimmy Cincinnati /

Who mentioned the Bible? If it’s towards the Muslim comment that would be the Quran. You just been itching to use that unicorn comment for a long time now haven’t you?

OG Crazy Wayne /

Brad William /

Honey, I swear I've never used that before. Do you still feel special? I want you to feel special.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account