Re: Another New electric "Moped"

Overpriced Parts /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

> Don Ohio Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Many of them that have just gotten out of technical or other

> college(engineers) have no common sense, and will ruin a job if not

> straightened out, and I've straightened a few.

>

> The last time I tried to prevent catastrophe was at the Nuke plant.

> t. The engineer was all `on fire' to test the heat-up phase of a

> critical system. In front of another operator, I asked him if he done a

> final bleed on the steam superheaters.

>

> He said.`It's not necessary. Those heaters will dissipate all

> condensation in an instant."

>

> Next day they fired it up and blew up the superheaters. The other

> er operator that had heard me went up and confronted him. Crickets.

Had problems with young Nuclear engineers saying the floors being rehabbed in medical research labs saying they wouldn't be contaminated due to the short half life of isotopes being used,

But the labs were there since the 40s-50s and he was talking about isotopes being use in the 90s, I worked in these medical buildings for years so I knew he was wrong specially since most of the rooms had lead lined blinds/shades on windows could be closed in emergency quickly,

One quick call to the 70 year old hospital nuclear physicist old-timer one bldg away I knew from prior jobs and he came right over over and took readings in the several lab rooms, more than half of them were so contaminated with high enough levels of old type high half life isotope radiation that holes in the concrete, some as big as 5x5’ had to be cut out of the floor and refilled by laborers and the noob was never to be seen again on that job or other ones that I was on,

I believe many engineers need to have a four or five-year on the job apprenticeship like us tradespersons after they get out of college because almost every noob engineer on the job I dealt with seemed to know little about structural flooring integrity or psi (like a woman’s high-heeled stiletto shoe heel has more pounds per square inch on it then a elephants foot and if her tiny little heel falls off one of those little nails in the shoe will completely destroy any resilient flooring),

College will never teach you something like that, neither will just book specifications,

It’s only after you see things on the job things/carnage will you learn

If the contractors doing work for on a job that has to get done right away with no delays (like repairing reinforcing the underfloor would cause) and are willing to sign off on a job that you’re not liable for failure to their poor under floor conditions and the flooring fails you still are liable for it in court so that tactic does not work, never do it even if their engineers tell you “oh yeah everything‘s fine we will sign up for it)

To become a professor/teach at most colleges most you have to have something published or be like Elizabeth Warren and say you’re a American Indian and get your $400,000 year teaching job through affirmative action so very few who teach learned from a lifetime of experiences (but they will teach you their lifetime political views though ha ha)

Some of what many college students learn maybe fine if they get ok professors/college but they need to be supplemented with actual experience too especially when lives are stake,

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.
Subject Written By Posted
  Another New electric "Moped"Topic by: Born to be WillD Born to be WillD 06/14/19 09:14AM
  Re: Another New electric "Moped"Re: jayson sumpter jayson sumpter 06/14/19 09:41AM
  Re: Another New electric "Moped"Re: Stephen Keller Stephen Keller 06/14/19 01:01PM
  Re: Another New electric "Moped"Re: Born to be WillD Born to be WillD 06/14/19 04:17PM
  Re: Another New electric "Moped"Re: Overpriced Parts Overpriced Parts 06/14/19 05:22PM
  Re: Another New electric "Moped"Re: Don Ohio Don Ohio 06/15/19 07:37PM
  Re: Another New electric "Moped"Re: Dirty30 Dillon Dirty30 Dillon 06/17/19 12:22PM
  Re: Another New electric "Moped"Re: Born to be WillD Born to be WillD 06/19/19 02:27PM
  Re: Another New electric "Moped"Re: Saabsonettguy . Saabsonettguy . 06/14/19 12:00PM
  Re: Another New electric "Moped"Re: Overpriced Parts Overpriced Parts 06/14/19 12:07PM
  Re: Another New electric "Moped"Re: Don Ohio Don Ohio 06/14/19 03:46PM
  Re: Another New electric "Moped"Re: Daniel '' Daniel '' 06/15/19 06:25PM
  Re: Another New electric "Moped"Re: Stephen Keller Stephen Keller 06/15/19 06:49PM
  Re: Another New electric "Moped"Re: Daniel '' Daniel '' 06/17/19 12:02PM
  Re: Another New electric "Moped"Re: ♣Slew Foot♣ ♣Slew Foot♣ 06/15/19 02:52AM
  Re: Another New electric "Moped"Re: Fabienne Cornillet Fabienne Cornillet 06/17/19 12:33PM
  Re: Another New electric "Moped"Re: Don Ohio Don Ohio 06/17/19 01:04PM
  Re: Another New electric "Moped"Re: Overpriced Parts Overpriced Parts 06/18/19 05:11PM
  Re: Another New electric "Moped"Re: Graham Motzing Graham Motzing 06/18/19 11:37AM
  Re: Another New electric "Moped"Re: Dave & Bummerzz Dave & Bummerzz 06/18/19 09:25PM

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account