>

> > c. late-'60's sears (huffy) tote-cycle. this thing is a sketchy,

>

> > squirrely, fun bike that breaks in two via two thumbscrews for stowage

>

> > and transport.

>

> That folder is awesome, always wanted one...not sure why..lol, but that

> Dodge van in the first pic....THAT is super cool!

thanks for the compliments on my stuff.

the tote-cycle is actually not a true folder. rather, it breaks into two pieces by removing two thumbscrews.

the A108 unfortunately had to get sold to make room for a work vehicle. its new owner loves it. (edited)

Re: Vintage bicycles

Fabienne Cornillet /

I love this type of bycicle

60's Favorit made in Czechoslovakia.

(edited)

> Saabsonettguy . Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> 60's Favorit made in Czechoslovakia.

>

> https://i.imgur.com/QvV78Qj.jpg

Who made the rear hub for that one? Chechs made 3-speed hubs?

It originally had a CZ stamped coaster brake hub, but I swapped the wheels out for an English set with a sturmey archer 3 speed.

Interesting! So that makes it a Chek-lish racer,right? LOL! I love the internal gears. Always wanted a 5 or7-speed by,I think Shimano?

> Saabsonettguy . Wrote:

> It originally had a CZ stamped coaster brake hub, but I swapped the

> wheels out for an English set with a sturmey archer 3 speed.

if i'm not mistaken, the CZ hubs were licensed by sachs-torpedo from germany. though i have no experience with them (the only 2 favorits i ever worked on were both derailleur bikes), i've heard that the CZ hubs were not nearly as nice as their german counterparts.

Its a sickness like mopeds, just picked up this puppy, late 60's early 70's Kaptein Oxford Luxe. Very solid bike with a 3 speed sturmey archer hub.

IMG-20190703-WA0033.jpeg

And it came with a complimentary 20 mile ride home over the dyke.

Nice! That old stuff was built to last!

There's even no rust on the fenders, which is amazing after 50 years, later bicycles would've rusted to death by now.

Made this custom 6 bar from a 1940 girls Hawthorne.

20170625_123937.jpg
IMG_20190623_162504.jpg

♣Slew Foot♣ /

The next time I get out towards the velodrome I will stop at this old family-run bicycle shop that's been in business for like a hundred and fifty plus years and he has a collection that you would never ever believe because it is one of the premier velodromes there is a large contingent of bicyclers that come through so this guy has this collection amassed that was beyond belief I just hope his kids didn't sell it all off cuz I haven't been there in 10 years if it's still open I'll go pick crazy

nomura2.jpg

I'd like another one of these

The sickness continues, it's not as old as i usually like but still a damn nice bicycle for 30€

IMG_20200607_150236.jpg

Pushrod Fifty /

My 38 Elgin skiptooth and 70s Columbia Sports III bikes.

1591549122231-729747080.jpg
1591549200085-858722442.jpg

> Bas Autowas Wrote:

> The sickness continues, it's not as old as i usually like but still a

> damn nice bicycle for 30€

> >

Is that a huge drum brake on the front wheel?

I wouldn't call it huge, just regular bicycle size. They became pretty standard in the eighties and onward. I didn't even notice it untill you mentioned it, but this is my first bike with a drum brake in almost 15 years.

IMG_20200607_194756.jpg

Not ever seen anything like that, all we got here were rim brakes and now discs. Cool bike!

The more I look at that the more I like it, bike brake that works in the rain! :) I just love the solid quality of the Euro model "everyman's" bikes, they are serrious means of transportation, meant to be depended on. My Dad has an early '70's Schwinn Suburban 5 speed hanging in his garage, been up there 40 yrs...leather seat with springs, tires are disentigrated and the last time I was up there looking at it the fork was almost bound solid from disuse, but the paint shines as new, it has a scratch on the rear fender and being he is who he is he has a brand new one still in the plastic that he never got around to replacing. He says I can have the bike if I want it, and I will take him up on that, I have to sell a few mopeds first, i have only a small apartment and would need the room. I hope someday to visit your country, looks beautiful from the photo's you have posted. Seems much less stressful than the US, I love it here, my city is pretty mellow, but much of the rest of this country is super fast paced "type A" kind of a thing, I'm more of a laid back B- kind of guy. :) I will get flamed for this but I don't care, I think your mode of government promotes a much better outlook for it's citizens, I don't think it would work here for a number of reasons, mainly the shear size of the country, but for a smaller nation, it seems to do really well. I digress, I need to get back on a bicycle, too much motorized stuff in my life, need to get back to healthier and slower. My best to you, and keep the cool bikes coming!

Overpriced Parts /

Wow Stephen get out of the rut/city where you live and see the states maybe. The rest of the country is not super fast paced only certain large cities, there is 20-30,000 or more small towns and sleepy villages in the USA that aren’t fast paced,

It’s all what people want, If they like the nightlife/are a night owl, if one wants to rely on public transportation and or rely on government for many aspects of their life then a Large city dweller is what one wants,

If want to do things on your own With less restrictions and Have more freedom Get the heck out of a big fast paced city

@Stephen, in the 70's death tolls because of cars had gone through the roof and lots of children were dying because of cars, so we decided to keep cars as much away from people as possible and to have as many people cycle as possible.

Because of this pretty much everyone started cycling including wealthy people, so there are a lot of "high end" everyday bicycles here. This model would have probably cost about 800 Guilders in the eighties which would be equivalent to a 1000€ today.

People just sell them really cheaply because in a country of 17 million we have about 23 million bicycles. (I own 6 atm. So i'm partially responsible)

I've said it before, you're always welcome to visit and you'll see just how much fun cycling can be.

Here's an obligatory "we have great cycle infrastructure" video of a bridge about half a mile from my home.

Interesting, never knew that about the safety angle. Mpls is actually in I belive the top 5 cities in America for cycling infrastructure.

apparently youre not the only one who didnt know about safety angles:

Had to cycle over this one yesterday, it's probably my favourite cycle bridge (and very fun on a moped too)

> Bas Autowas Wrote:

> Had to cycle over this one yesterday, it's probably my favourite cycle

> bridge (and very fun on a moped too)

>

>

Nice, we have some like that, albeit not as nice to get bike lanes over highway's, mopeds are a big no-no on them though.

I got a bicycle with a drum front wheel. it's from a BMX, the rim's made of plastic lol. But, it works>\

the little pink one has no brakes at all, but i'm too big for it anyway

ATT00001.jpg
« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account