Not a moped but are these rare?

This is 30 min away from me. 1k is out of my budget and I'm not that interested in motorcycles larger than mopeds at the moment.

It definitely looks really cool, but are these rare at all in the states? Should I go check it out?

https://classifieds.ksl.com/listing/56385271* Moved to this forum by simon

Re: Not a moped but are these rare?

We have an off-topic forum for motorcycles and other stuff. But you'd be better off on a small MC forum.

Overpriced Parts /

Very smooth running, low RPM bikes, if in perfect condition and running perfect are nice but parts are not fun to get and are very heavy, very slow/under powered,

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Well you're getting a motorcycle at moped prices and I find it hard to believe that a 250 2 stroke is underpowered now the parts thing I totally agree with but I'm a sucker I'd buy it in a minute

That rules! It's real cool.

Is it a twingle? or a real twin? I think it's a twingle right? that makes it kinda cool but also maybe more of a collectors piece. it's probably about as reliable as a moped and heavier to push home.

I wouldn't buy it but I would also regret not buying it.

LOL! `heavier to push home', I gotta laugh......

Overpriced Parts /

> ♣Slew Foot♣ Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Well you're getting a motorcycle at moped prices and I find it hard to

> believe that a 250 2 stroke is underpowered now the parts thing I

> totally agree with but I'm a sucker I'd buy it in a minute

175-250cc Twinkles are so under powered it wasn’t funny ! I would keep up with them with a slightly modified late 70s kaw ke 100 , my Kawasaki early 70s f7 175 with 21,5 hp stock hp ate them for breakfast !

B4D4CC62-F082-4D11-B8D5-D38E1775CF10.jpeg

As well as most late 70s slow ass cars and 1,200cc Harleys to 75mph

70s were great era for 2t enduro bikes as well as everything else known to man!

Nobody then had tech neck back then because no phone was in their face 24-7

We did stuff! no one nowadays does much of anything except troll!

What bike are we talking about? The link doesn't work.

it was a 68 puch 250 twingle I think

Dirty30 Dillon /

Definitely a Twingle, and definitely a cool bike, despite the fact that parts are problematic for them

A friend of mine fixed this twingle a few years back, i believe he could find all the parts in the Czech Republic because they are the same as the Jawa 250.

Blaine- The artist formerly known as Plumber Crack "(OFMC)" /

Wow, he fixed it real good. It almost revs up sitting still.

I'm gonna go check this one out this weekend. It's missing the carb and exhaust, but looks complete otherwise. Engine is free. Been sitting in the back if a metal shop for the last 40 years. It's dirty, but looks like it'll clean up nice!

Anybody on here have one? I know they're heavy and slow. I like that; In bikes, not women. Women can't be too slow. I digress. Anyway, they're what, 400 pounds? With top speed ~68 mph. They're super sexy bikes tho. I'd love to hear some personal experiences with these Twingle Twinkies. Ya, I know the exhaust will cost a mint.

Edit: Here's a pic.

image.jpeg

(edited)

Overpriced Parts /

Them things are dinosaurs, pain to move around in the in the garage And that’s basically all you’re going to be doing with it, there is a guy that too far away for me near Amish country that has several 175-250 twingles,

Basically it’s a year-round project to keep a few of them running, He loves them though,

Most 70s Japanese 125-175 cc enduros are way faster, easier to start and won’t leave you stuck having to load that heavy bike into a van or pick up truck!

Jimmy Cincinnati /

I agree with Ken, much like Vintage volkswagon stuff i think these older, odd-ball twingles are a labor of love. If you enjoy wrenching & hunting for parts than i think you found your bike. If you just want to ride however, than run away.

I’m a wrencher not a rider. I had to give up my license a few years ago due to vision issues. But my wife still rides. I love classic, vintage bikes. I’ve had my share of 70’s Jap bikes; boring! I want something more unique. Totally undecided about this one tho. It’s cheap enough. I’ll go check it out tomorrow.

There’s way more important things with motorcycles than speed.

> Don Ohio Wrote:

> We have an off-topic forum for motorcycles and other stuff. But you'd be

> better off on a small MC forum.

You'd be better off on a forum where someone besides Jimmy and Ken Roff had an iota of respect for you and your backwards ideology.

I'd definitely be interested in having one to waste time on. too many other projects 1st.

> Born to be WillD Wrote:

> I'd definitely be interested in having one to waste time on. too many

> other projects 1st.

That’s exactly it: something to waste time on.

I decided against it. He wants $500 for the bike; it belongs to his father. I did a quick search for the missing exhaust and carburetor, and it would cost more just for those than the cost of the bike. Then the repairs and rejuvenation could start. God only knows what it needs in addition to tires, tubes, cables, seals,and seat. I'd end up with a fortune into it.

But I still love it.

I haven't been to look at it. I told him last night I would pass because of the missing exhaust and carburetor. He was cool with it.

This morning He messages me, and wants me to make an offer. Wants it to go to a good home. I wouldn't mind a long term project, if I will follow thru with it, and not tire of it 2 years.

Undecided...

Well, I could have brought it home for $300, but I left it there.

Jimmy Cincinnati /

Well, I could have brought it home for $300, but I left it there.

I think you made the right choice. It was probably worth $300 but with all it was missing it needs to be either someone that has a passion for these bikes or someone looking to part it out. There are better fish to fry for you it sounds.

« Go to Topic — end of thread