a biker punched my review mirror on the 5 on sunday

traffic was bumper to bumper - maybe 10 mph -

i looked in my review mirrors - didn't see anything!

Just a note - I was driving back from Yosemite, so i had been looking out for MCs for 4 and a half hours.

As I finish lane changing - I hear loud pipes and then BAM - a punch to my driver side review mirror !!

black leathers - with patch COMPLETELY blacked out. NO plates.

it was scary as fuck honestly.

and I just had to watch him speed off - and he as FLYING.

called CHP and they said we had to pull over and wait for an officer, but we didn't

No plates - no real description.

Luckily - he only broke the mirror, and then motor and housing are fine.

has this happened to anyone?

Re: a biker punched my review mirror on the 5 on sunday

i’ve broken a mirror or two on a car driven by someone who wasn’t paying attention, and i have no regrets.

i wasn’t there, i don’t know what happened, and i’m not assigning blame. what i do know is that motorcyclists/mopeders/bicyclists typically don’t do things like this without good reason.

traffic slow.

MC fast.

he had no plates. and took his hand off the brake AND throttle to punch my car which was completely in a lane.

of course - it all happened fast,

but it sure looked like a biker who had done it before.

like all stories of this nature, there’s another side we aren’t hearing.

a few years back, a guy i know was driving his lexus. the story i got from him was that he was slightly too far forward past the stop sign, thus encroaching into the cross street bike lane. an angry bicyclist stopped, picked his bike up, and slammed it against the hood of the lexus, causing substantial damage to the car.

the lexus driver was pissed. he was ranting about it, asking for witnesses, and offering a reward via social media.

in the midst of all kinds of people kissing his ass about it, the last post i made on his FB page (before he blocked me) was in the vein of “let it go, take responsibility for your actions, and be mindful of bikes.”

i only heard the lexus driver’s story, but as i said, without assigning blame, people don’t typically do this sort of thing to innocent motorists. of note, demonizing the mororcyclist by bringing in his blacked-out plate, and his possible outlaw status doesn’t make me any more eager to side with you on this.

hearing his story, and/or seeing video footage of the incident may, but it appears we aren’t privy to that information.(edited)

yeah.

i get it. but this biker didnt stop to yell or to fight or anything.

he had enough room to accelerate through traffic and punch my car.

I will fully admit it all happened fast, but sorry FUCK anyone who damages another car in traffic because they might have had to slow down.

what is the other side you might be looking for?

I'm just wondering as a 20 year scooter/ moped/ motorcyclist ... I have had many brushes with death and in fact been hit my a truck.

I would never in my life damage another drivers vehicle for any reason.

Once years ago, While walking through a Target parking lot with my three year old daughter, in the crosswalk, a car didn't stop for us and nearly hit us. As the car passed, I firmly planted my knee in the driver's door, caving it in with a huge dent. Unfortunately the driver sped off, or I would have done the same thing to his head.

this guy would have kicked the shit out of me.

WITHOUT A DOUBT.

also of note:

i was driving a dodge 2500 pickup

Well there! THAT explains the whole thing! Most Dodge truck drivers are INCAPABLE of being courteous to other traffic. You DID do something..LOL!

I hear sport bike guys bragging about doing that shit. Seems dumb to me. If I’m in a cage and think the dude on the bike is a threat to my safety I’m putting him in the wall.

Most of the time they’re bitching about a car that pulled out in front of them while they were going 150 in a 45.

No doubt,no doubt...……..there ARE some bad actors out there. Also some people are angry most of the time. It's getting worse. People have a short fuse if you watch the cagers.

The sport bikers really break the laws a lot. Glad I don't have to be around them much. The people I've seen on the larger cruiser MCs seem pretty laid back and don't act like they gotta be somewhere and no time left to get there.

Jimmy Cincinnati /

I would never in my life damage another drivers vehicle for any reason.

Same. People suck but at some point you need to be the bigger man. Things happen, life goes on. Atleast you seem open to the fact that you may of done something to him to warrant his needless response (regardless if you intended too or not). No matter what people say on this site, we all at one point in our driving life have done some (even if accidental) that was dangerous on the roads. Too many distractions, all we can do is learn from it and hope to be better next time.

this guy would have kicked the shit out of me.

Even if not what would it have proved had you kicked the shit out of him. It could have resulted in criminal charges as well.

> Jimmy Cincinnati Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I would never in my life damage another drivers vehicle for any reason.

>

> Same. People suck but at some point you need to be the bigger man.

> Things happen, life goes on. Atleast you seem open to the fact that you

> may of done something to him to warrant his needless response

> (regardless if you intended too or not). No matter what people say on

> this site, we all at one point in our driving life have done some (even

> if accidental) that was dangerous on the roads. Too many distractions,

> all we can do is learn from it and hope to be better next time.

>

I've purposely damaged several cars that didn't give me right of way. I usually just ram them with my moped, those fuckers will never learn so it's best you give them something that hurts them in their wallet.

Dirty30 Dillon /

> Thomas TPRF Wrote:

> I hear sport bike guys bragging about doing that shit. Seems dumb to me.

> If I’m in a cage and think the dude on the bike is a threat to my safety

> I’m putting him in the wall.

>

> Most of the time they’re bitching about a car that pulled out in front

> of them while they were going 150 in a 45.

Can't agree more. There is a plague of YouTube motobloggers whose sole joy is smashing side-views at the smallest provocation.

IF you are on a bike and someone cuts you off, it doesn't give you the right to fuck up peoples cars. Even here in NYC the only time I will bite back is when someone is literally about to run me over.

I punched a mirror off. It was insane. I was cruising home like 2am from a friend's, car flies past me like 70+ IN MY LANE (2 lanes each side) on a pretty residential 35mph road. I caught up at the next light, his window was down and I was like shit dude slow down and watch out. He just kept staring ahead refusing to even look over at me.

The light turned green and I waited for him to go but he just sat there, cold staring ahead, so I went and as soon as I was ahead of him he gunned it and side swiped me, actually hit me with the side of his car, trying to push me into a telephone pole. I hit my brakes, slammed his hood, and second swing took off his passenger side mirror. at that point I was behind him still moving and he tried to brake check me, I managed to swerve around to the left, and hit/kicked out his driver side taillight. I rode away at this point fully panic mode adrenalin, looked back and he had stopped, wasn't following.

Then a minute later, taking a left at a light (T intersection) dude flies across the intersection trying to hit me. Then drives up next to me yelling "pull over" and all I remember was yelling "please stop trying to hit me"

I pulled over at a bar with a lot of people out front still, and he pulled in for a second before speeding away.

Moral is, best to not engage. sometime people do shitty things, sometimes it's your fault, but if I'd just let the guy drive away after almost hitting me in my lane, i'd have had a much better night...

> Born to be WillD Wrote:

> I punched a mirror off. It was insane. I was cruising home like 2am from

> a friend's, car flies past me like 70+ IN MY LANE (2 lanes each side) on

> a pretty residential 35mph road. I caught up at the next light, his

> window was down and I was like shit dude slow down and watch out. He

> just kept staring ahead refusing to even look over at me.

>

> The light turned green and I waited for him to go but he just sat there,

> cold staring ahead, so I went and as soon as I was ahead of him he

> gunned it and side swiped me, actually hit me with the side of his car,

> trying to push me into a telephone pole. I hit my brakes, slammed his

> hood, and second swing took off his passenger side mirror. at that point

> I was behind him still moving and he tried to brake check me, I managed

> to swerve around to the left, and hit/kicked out his driver side

> taillight. I rode away at this point fully panic mode adrenalin, looked

> back and he had stopped, wasn't following.

>

> Then a minute later, taking a left at a light (T intersection) dude

> flies across the intersection trying to hit me. Then drives up next to

> me yelling "pull over" and all I remember was yelling "please stop

> trying to hit me"

>

> I pulled over at a bar with a lot of people out front still, and he

> pulled in for a second before speeding away.

>

> Moral is, best to not engage. sometime people do shitty things,

> sometimes it's your fault, but if I'd just let the guy drive away after

> almost hitting me in my lane, i'd have had a much better night...

Yes, and the idiot might have had a gun. It's dangerous to give in to anger.

Chöschi21 C.K. /

> Bas Autowas Wrote:

>

> I've purposely damaged several cars that didn't give me right of way. I

> usually just ram them with my moped, those fuckers will never learn so

> it's best you give them something that hurts them in their wallet.

I got overtaken in the City last Friday, faaar to close, either could have crashed into th Abrrier in front of me or try to Squeeze in between the Barrier and the Car, well, "accidentally" made a long, big scratch on the side of the car with my Watch when i had nowhere to go, also hit her rear Bumper with my front tyre and did some Damage there, women Sped of.

I got side swiped on a 74 rally 200 (vespa) and the beading on my legshield trim sratched the ENTIRE side of this woman's mercedes (she had gone wide left to turn right)

we both pulled over - and she flipped out, then looked at me kind of shaking (I somehow didn't go down)

then the switch went off in her head, and she ran over - "oh my god - are YOU okay?"

it took her a second to realize she had almost killed me.

Overpriced Parts /

The only real fist damage I did to a car was not purposely but to get the car rear off my magnum tire and fender,

A woman stopped 25ft past a temporary construction traffic light blocking traffic then put it in reverse without looking and then she went 20 ft past the “stop here” stop line other way when reversing making her car rear go on my front wheel and fender bending them both, small tank dent, twisting bike sideways (also cut my pant leg gave me a small scratch on my leg as I was trying to push my bike back out of her way) and dented chrome around headlight) then she just stopped leaving her car on top of my bike,

She was blasting the radio not hearing me yelling so I kept beating on the trunk lid and yelling until the woman took notice/construction workers took notice and she finally moved ahead off my bike,

I put at least five noticeable dents in her relatively new (maybe 2006 Impala?) trunk lid with the side of my hand and I did not hide the fact that I did!

Cop came (actually were already there at the construction site) and construction workers saw the whole thing so she was ticketed,

I went and got the police report at the station so I could make a claim against her for pants ripped from sharp fender, tetanus shot, bent fender, bent/warped wheel,

But the police report copy I got from the police station was such chicken scratch as well as printed so lightly so it inconclusive what happened, her cut rate bare bones insurance company told me to take her to small claims court for they would fight me in court,

Got a tetanus shot for 10 copay and 19$ bill, I straightened my fender to at least useable, had one of the last last motorcycle shops in my area fix my wheel with just a few new spokes and straightening for 35 bucks before it closed a month or so later and my bike was pretty much usable again but I bet her trunk lid will cost a lot more to get repaired then I paid not to mention her ticket cost,

> Ken Roff Wrote:

> The only real fist damage I did to a car was not purposely but to get

> the car rear off my magnum tire and fender,

>

> A woman stopped 25ft past a temporary construction traffic light

> t blocking traffic then put it in reverse without looking and then she

> went 20 ft past the “stop here” stop line other way when reversing

> making her car rear go on my front wheel and fender bending them both,

> small tank dent, twisting bike sideways (also cut my pant leg gave me a

> small scratch on my leg as I was trying to push my bike back out of her

> way) and dented chrome around headlight) then she just stopped leaving

> her car on top of my bike,

>

> She was blasting the radio not hearing me yelling so I kept beating on

> the trunk lid and yelling until the woman took notice/construction

> workers took notice and she finally moved ahead off my bike,

>

> I put at least five noticeable dents in her relatively new (maybe 2006

> 6 Impala?) trunk lid with the side of my hand and I did not hide the

> fact that I did!

>

> Cop came (actually were already there at the construction site) and

> construction workers saw the whole thing so she was ticketed,

>

> I went and got the police report at the station so I could make a claim

> m against her for pants ripped from sharp fender, tetanus shot, bent

> fender, bent/warped wheel,

>

> But the police report copy I got from the police station was such

> chicken scratch as well as printed so lightly so it inconclusive what

> happened, her cut rate bare bones insurance company told me to take her

> to small claims court for they would fight me in court,

>

> Got a tetanus shot for 10 copay and 19$ bill, I straightened my fender

> r to at least useable, had one of the last last motorcycle shops in my

> area fix my wheel with just a few new spokes and straightening for 35

> bucks before it closed a month or so later and my bike was pretty much

> usable again but I bet her trunk lid will cost a lot more to get

> repaired then I paid not to mention her ticket cost,

__̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__ /

there was no line left for him. justified

So blacked out plates are the new new in cal. Recently coming home.from work in my car a hot rodded truck weaving through traffic at 95 had his rear plate covered with a white cloth. Then in Monterey this past week another maniac without visible plates. Welcome to the logical extension of our wonderful political discourse. I doubt it was anything but a random act of violence.

« Go to Topic — end of thread