Re: Feel GOOD story of the day

Born to be WillD /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Two interesting takeaways:

1) We all instantly split on the pre-defined lines. to be honest, I read into Don's word choice "great" and "cared enough" as a slight but intentional backhanded attack suggesting most "kids these days" would've been either too busy on phones or otherwise not cared enough to stop and catch the falling kiddo. did he mean that? maybe not - but I saw it, through my biased interpretation. Also the fact that it's fox news I took as an attack suggesting the "liberal media" wouldn't cover "good" stories like this (they did and also shouldn't have). But I decided not to comment before to see how it would shake out and there have been no surprises. at this point we're completely conditioned to find a disagreement no matter the content, or to create one with something as simple as implied bias through word choices

and 2) This isn't news. or rather the news isn't that this happened, but rather that it was caught on video and went viral. That in itself is a pretty interesting revlation of this post - just how much other people's tiny attention spans dictate what we're exposed to- our collective longing for feel-good quick clips of infotainment are seen as more important and certainly more read and known news than say - an entire regional government getting brutally overthrown in Ethiopia

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account