Re: Feel GOOD story of the day

i read the title of this thread, and thought dumb ohio wasn’t going to be posting any more.

damn.

that would have been the “Feel GOOD story of the century.”

“LOL!”(edited)

> A Zed Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> i read the title of this thread, and thought dumb ohio wasn’t going to

> be posting any more.

>

Ditto and i'm not clicking on his FAKE NEWS link.

Your LOSS, as this is what good news is.

More like News Corps' loss.

I aint givin' a cent to that decrepit Aussie criminal.

Here, this link is for all us baby-eating, christmas hatin', yard compostin', ANTIFA joinin', commie hippie bastards:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/teen-catches-toddler-istanbul-turkey-2019-06-27/

Jimmy Cincinnati /

Here, this link is for all us baby-eating, christmas hatin', yard compostin', ANTIFA joinin', commie hippie bastards:

Cool.

Two interesting takeaways:

1) We all instantly split on the pre-defined lines. to be honest, I read into Don's word choice "great" and "cared enough" as a slight but intentional backhanded attack suggesting most "kids these days" would've been either too busy on phones or otherwise not cared enough to stop and catch the falling kiddo. did he mean that? maybe not - but I saw it, through my biased interpretation. Also the fact that it's fox news I took as an attack suggesting the "liberal media" wouldn't cover "good" stories like this (they did and also shouldn't have). But I decided not to comment before to see how it would shake out and there have been no surprises. at this point we're completely conditioned to find a disagreement no matter the content, or to create one with something as simple as implied bias through word choices

and 2) This isn't news. or rather the news isn't that this happened, but rather that it was caught on video and went viral. That in itself is a pretty interesting revlation of this post - just how much other people's tiny attention spans dictate what we're exposed to- our collective longing for feel-good quick clips of infotainment are seen as more important and certainly more read and known news than say - an entire regional government getting brutally overthrown in Ethiopia

Awww, c'mon man.

It's a just a game with Don at this point, I dont think anyone really hates him.

plus I think he does a lot of it on purpose and it's just funny to play along.

> ..... poop Wrote:

> Awww, c'mon man.

>

> It's a just a game with Don at this point, I dont think anyone really

> hates him.

>

> plus I think he does a lot of it on purpose and it's just funny to play

> along.

he’s not relevant enough to hate.

> A Zed Wrote:

> he’s not relevant

really that sums it up.

is this type of discussion what ended the debates thread?

What debates? You mean the softball question game? LOL!

> Born to be WillD Wrote:

> Two interesting takeaways:

>

> 1) We all instantly split on the pre-defined lines. to be honest, I read

> into Don's word choice "great" and "cared enough" as a slight but

> intentional backhanded attack suggesting most "kids these days" would've

> been either too busy on phones or otherwise not cared enough to stop and

> catch the falling kiddo. did he mean that? maybe not - but I saw it,

> through my biased interpretation. Also the fact that it's fox news I

> took as an attack suggesting the "liberal media" wouldn't cover "good"

> stories like this (they did and also shouldn't have). But I decided not

> to comment before to see how it would shake out and there have been no

> surprises. at this point we're completely conditioned to find a

> disagreement no matter the content, or to create one with something as

> simple as implied bias through word choices

>

> and 2) This isn't news. or rather the news isn't that this happened, but

> rather that it was caught on video and went viral. That in itself is a

> pretty interesting revlation of this post - just how much other people's

> tiny attention spans dictate what we're exposed to- our collective

> longing for feel-good quick clips of infotainment are seen as more

> important and certainly more read and known news than say - an entire

> regional government getting brutally overthrown in Ethiopia

Very well summarized Will, you write like an attorney, but see, there is logic to that, and that ability is what has left first, political discourse, and now civil discourse, and the ability to LISTEN and compare what one hear's to what you think and maybe see a side that you hadn't considered is lacking today, everything is knee-jerk, the "other" side is out to kill our country etc etc, et al. To one as old as myself, this is unsettling, as these debates are nothing new, but the level of vehemence is off the charts. The willingness to compromise, seems to have been lost, it is all or nothing..."my side" or nothing, that is how 5yo think/act, not educated people. Educated people accept that there are views that they may not subscribe to, that matter very much to others, as much as the person judging views matter to them, and, AND that that is ok, talk it out, with a civil tongue in your heads, that is what used to happen, where did that go?

I do think a big part of it is this format, social media forums, & internet in general. it's become big part of our interactions and without a face to face it's really easy to just generalize the dissenting opinions of one-liner typing names and meme-reposting faces and fit them into a very convenient package which you have a pre-loaded response to. it dehumanizes the interaction and you wind up not arguing with another person, but fitting them into a category of enemy to which you assign all the negative attributes and prejudice you want to associate with someone who'd disagree with you.

in some ways it's kinda like road rage. people get ripshit pissed at other cars violating their idea of how things should go, and a big piece of it is the removal of it, the lack of recognition that these other people are actually people and not just obstacle boxes impeding your box.

Feel good story I’d like to see:

Don Ohio gets arthritis so he can no longer type posts , and loses his voice so he can’t dictate any posts on MA.(edited)

To protect and serve, NOT wasting time pulling moped riders over.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/ohio-police-officer-rescues-child-from-burning-home-in-dramatic-video

Puppet.

« Go to Topic — end of thread