Taxes coming tomorrow, fill up your tank

Overpriced Parts /

Gas tax takes affect tomorrow in a lot of states including the one I’m in!

I don’t really need much gasoline right now but if I did I’ll be filling up!

https://itep.org/gas-taxes-rise-in-a-dozen-states-including-an-historic-increase-in-illinois/

Re: Taxes coming tomorrow, fill up your tank

Only a few cents per litre and gas is still ridiculously cheap after that, but its nice to see some states are willing to do something to fix the infrastructure.

Re: Taxes coming tomorrow, fill up your tank

Overpriced Parts /

> Bas Autowas Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Only a few cents per litre and gas is still ridiculously cheap after

> that, but its nice to see some states are willing to do something to fix

> the infrastructure.

True,

Not bad now but when I worked in 7 countys sometimes far job sites driving 35K+mi a year in a full size vans that got 13-14 mpg I would have felt that 10.5 cents a gallon,

6-7 years ago when gas was mid 3 near 4$ a gallon it was costing me sometimes over $120 a week just to go to work and back

Most companys I worked for only paid mileage if job was over 50mi away or went to their shop/warehouse first,

The vehicles I have now are 16-19 year old minivans, the Honda gets low 20s mpg all around and the chevy gets a horrible 17mpg but are paid for/no monthly payment and cheap insurance makes up the difference in per mi use,

To get a few items at the store to get takeout food I’ve been using my stock modded Tomos revival lately that gets around 80mpg so maybe I’ll just use a little bit more

Re: Taxes coming tomorrow, fill up your tank

Over here you always get compensated for the miles you have to ride to work, if you're on the road for more than an hour you usually also get compensated for the time.

My last job i even got 5 cents for every km i rode my bicycle but i couldn't be arsed to fill in the forms for 30 cents a day.

Re: Taxes coming tomorrow, fill up your tank

Overpriced Parts /

> Bas Autowas Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Over here you always get compensated for the miles you have to ride to

> work, if you're on the road for more than an hour you usually also get

> compensated for the time.

>

> My last job i even got 5 cents for every km i rode my bicycle but i

> couldn't be arsed to fill in the forms for 30 cents a day.

5c a km for a bike is pretty cool but yet filling out the forms, time is money,

One of the reasons why I drove a full-size van (besides easy access to tools and equipment stead of cramming everything into a compact car backseat) is because most shops would have me go to the shop and pick up something: piece of equipment, some material rushed to the job so I would be on the clock the moment I got there so got paid on the way to many job sites at full union carpenter rate otherwise it was $.25-$.50 a mile and a few times times year a boss will give gas card or fill up

Re: Taxes coming tomorrow, fill up your tank

Absolutely Ken, I've been riding mine since I got them.I don't go too far anyway. But why fire up four cylinders when I'm in no hurry, getting what I can stuff in a back back, and just have fun.

Re: Taxes coming tomorrow, fill up your tank

Overpriced Parts /

> Les B. Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Absolutely Ken, I've been riding mine since I got them.I don't go too

> far anyway. But why fire up four cylinders when I'm in no hurry, getting

> what I can stuff in a back back, and just have fun.

Mine all have big V6 engines but my son has a fast 11 year old 2 L four-cylinder turbo Chevy and it still gets over 30 miles a gallon,

I never had a car or van that got more then low20s mpg even 4 cylinder celebrity or four-cylinder Buick Century I had barely got low 20s mpg,

Yeah with the faux tank Storage, under the seat storage, a rack plus a back pack I can get 2-3 bags worth of groceries on my Revival without having big baskets, Milk crates or other goofy stuff hanging off my bike

Re: Taxes coming tomorrow, fill up your tank

10.5 cents per gallon and this is going to surprise a lot of people in Ohio(probably be some protests,but no rocks thrown.....LOL!).

I really don't care that much, since our prices are VERY LOW. 2.49 for reg. 87 here in Jackson.

Whether they'll get much done on the roads and bridges? Anybody's guess. I know they're paving a county road here that has been too rough to moped on and I'm tickled pink.

Re: Taxes coming tomorrow, fill up your tank

> Don Ohio Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> 10.5 cents per gallon and this is going to surprise a lot of people in

> Ohio(probably be some protests,but no rocks thrown.....LOL!).

>

> I really don't care that much, since our prices are VERY LOW. 2.49

> 2.49 for reg. 87 here in Jackson.

>

> Whether they'll get much done on the roads and bridges? Anybody's

> 's guess. I know they're paving a county road here that has been too

> rough to moped on and I'm tickled pink.

Re: Taxes coming tomorrow, fill up your tank

Overpriced Parts /

> Don Ohio Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> 10.5 cents per gallon and this is going to surprise a lot of people in

> Ohio(probably be some protests,but no rocks thrown.....LOL!).

>

> I really don't care that much, since our prices are VERY LOW. 2.49

> 2.49 for reg. 87 here in Jackson.

>

> Whether they'll get much done on the roads and bridges? Anybody's

> 's guess. I know they're paving a county road here that has been too

> rough to moped on and I'm tickled pink.

In ohio electric cars don’t get away with not paying, they have to pay 200$ yearly fee, Hybrids 100$ yearly fee

Re: Taxes coming tomorrow, fill up your tank

Nobody is getting a free ride. The gas tax only covers about 30% , the rest comes from tolls, income tax, sales tax, etc. Even people who don't drive are paying. Unfortunately pedestrian and cycling infrastructure is seriously lacking in most US cities.

Re: Taxes coming tomorrow, fill up your tank

Jimmy Cincinnati /

Unfortunately pedestrian and cycling infrastructure is seriously lacking in most US cities.

If they didnt needlessly waste our tax money we could have better infrastructure. Instead they will just keep upping the tax while the roadways will still suck.

Re: Taxes coming tomorrow, fill up your tank

> Thomas Smith Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> The gas tax only covers about 30% ,

can you cite a source for that? or did you just make it up?

its pretty much impossible to quote an actual number because various roadways receive funding from various sources

our county just slapped on a $60 wheel tax... i'm getting a really nice new road but to be honest its overkill, much wider than it needs to be, curb and gutter out in the country. would rather pay less and just get our road replaced with a regular-ass road rather than a giant landing strip.

Re: Taxes coming tomorrow, fill up your tank

we are spending a whole lot more than a few cents a gallon on the random whims of policy, gas price fluctuates so much already.

It'slike when they raise the price of stamps, go buy a giant stack of stamps at 48 cents instead of enduing *gasp* 55 cents per letter!

Re: Taxes coming tomorrow, fill up your tank

> Graham Motzing Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> can you cite a source for that? or did you just make it up?

These stats are from 2011, but that's the newest I've come across.

Scroll down to table 2.

https://taxfoundation.org/gasoline-taxes-and-user-fees-pay-only-half-state-local-road-spending

Re: Taxes coming tomorrow, fill up your tank

When I hauled gas back in the 70s and 80s, the State tax on gas was 7 cents in Ohio.

Re: Taxes coming tomorrow, fill up your tank

Andrew Squiggman /

> Don Ohio Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> When I hauled gas back in the 70s and 80s, the State tax on gas was 7

> cents in Ohio.

Cool story bro.

Re: Taxes coming tomorrow, fill up your tank

Jimmy Cincinnati /

When I hauled gas back in the 70s and 80s, the State tax on gas was 7 cents in Ohio.

Even if 10.5 cents doesnt change the way we live right now, the reality is once they pass a tax it never goes back down. It only goes up from here!

Re: Taxes coming tomorrow, fill up your tank

Absolutely true! Very rarely are taxes reduced. Inflation reduces them until another raise happens.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account