best diy carb catch can I've made so far

Over the winter I rebuilt my minigp crf100. I had a pretty janky catch can prior so I wanted to make a better one. This is by far the best one I've made so far. I got this sweet alu spray bottle on amazon. I tapped 2 little dents in the upper quarter of it and drilled 2 holes for these 90° hose barbs. Then I welded a liitle u shaped guy onto my frame, wrapped the bottle with a little intake hose and then hose clamped it on. Best part of the spray bottle is all you gotta do is rip off the spray mechanism and bam, the top is vented!

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000RGVBFU/

IMG_20190705_181822.jpg
IMG_20190606_195458.jpg

(edited)

Re: best diy carb catch can I've made so far

it does look super pro

> Born to be WillD Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> it does look super pro

Make it super duper pro.

Install a drain cock on bottom of can so you dont have to remove can to drain.(edited)

Blaine- The artist formerly known as Plumber Crack "(OFMC)" /

Not to sound stupid, but why do you need this?

Brad William /

Isn't this for race rules conformance only?

^yeah. theyre pretty strict on it, can't have people spilling shit on a track or losing bolts or parts and endangering other riders for BS mechanical failures. Im surprised it doesn't need all the other stuff safety wires and stuff. like what if that whole can fell off?!

yeah i have one of these under the hood of my truck for the radiator

you can either just push a hose through an undersized hole, or you can alumi-weld a barb on to them, i've done both.

it would be cool to 3d print a cap for one with a barb right in it but it wouldn't take hot radiator juice real good.

I tried the push thru a hole method and it was pretty leaky. for gas anyway. maybe I should "glue" it with something, JB weld seems to hold up OK vs gas. Most people say it won't but it's been holding some pinholes sealed on my TS50 tank for 6 years now

> I tried the push thru a hole method and it was pretty leaky. for gas

> anyway. maybe I should "glue" it with something, JB weld seems to hold

> up OK vs gas. Most people say it won't but it's been holding some

> pinholes sealed on my TS50 tank for 6 years now

Ive had good luck using JB in and around gas.

lookin' sharp . can i come blast those things sometime? you guys go to tracs n shit, right?

> Im surprised it doesn't need all the other stuff

> safety wires and stuff. like what if that whole can fell off?!

it's on there real good. safety wire wouldnt do anything that hose clamp doesn't do better

> mit mortso Wrote:

> lookin' sharp . can i come blast those things sometime? you guys go to

> tracs n shit, right?

yeah dude for sure. Rani and I got a race in Dublin in September. We'll hit you up and you can rip the Dyna up i16 and meet us.

yeah i drilled the hole way undersized and kinda 'burnished' it bigger using a pick awl thing. it probably wouldn't hold for like liquid gas pushing against it but it works great for a radiator catch can. the hose goes down to the bottom of the tank so it siphons back up and the cap has a hole drilled in it with some window air cleaner material in it like a coalescing media.

If anyone is practicing in Buggytown on a weekday sometime I'd love to come hang. I ain't got a minimoto but I've got something that'd be fun on that track. I rode it thirty plus years ago on a BMX for a bike-a-thon.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account