Re: Not shocking for this city..... Banned natural gas....LOL!

I agree that guns are fun, i have a few of them, just had to shoot a skunk a couple nights ago. When i lived in the city i had a BB pistol just for shooting targets in the back yard, now i've got a shotgun and a high power air rifle that takes care of most of the stuff i need around the farm. At 11:30 at night dropping that skunk with a silent shot to the head worked out pretty good. Definitely don't take any joy in killing 'pest' animals but it kept digging into the barn and fuckin' with the katz. I feel about the same about guns as I feel about chainsaws, they are powerful and dangerous, but also kinda fun and its nice to have nice ones.

What is fucked up is the fetishization of violence and killing. For a lot of gun fetishists, owning a gun is a power move, that is pretty anti-christian. Seems endemic of the generation raised on John Wayne and Clint Eastwood, idolization of killing and the notion that you can somehow 'kill for good' based on a fictionalized understanding of good and evil. My personal theory is that a lot of boomers spent a lot of time as kids watching TV - which was kind of a new thing- and people hadn't really evolved the bullshit filters or the psychological coping tools that later generations have developed.... also just generally weak minded people are disproportionately influenced by the media they consume, like school shooters that are already kinda misguided seeing a movie that glorifies shooting people and their brains can't distinguish the fact that its a really bad idea and fiction.

Jussayin' the guy that said 'the meek will inherit the earth' and 'turn the other cheek' doesn't want you owning 20 assault rifles and spending all your free time dreaming about how much fun it would be to go all Dirty Harry on someone who broke into your house. That's kinda like, the whole point of christianity. Its not so much about rules and punishment, its about embracing a spirit of benevolence and good will to others so your own life will be more fulfilling and you can be a positive influence in the world instead of spending all day in a dark room cleaning your guns and thinking all kinds of malicious fucked up thoughts while your brain rots from the inside.

> Daniel '' Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Guns are not made for fun. They are machines designed with the sole

> purpose of killing. Any fun that you may have during the process of

> learning how to use a fire arm to your maximum effectiveness is only an

> added bonus. I think Going to the gun range or popping off a few rounds

> is like the red pill yoga. Gun people freak me out, I mean chill out.

> Its not like being an old white American in a subdivision in Ohio or

> retirment park in Florida puts you in any sort of real danger that would

> necessitate owning a gun, let alone many guns.

while owning a gun is fully not necessary and statistics back that you are vastly more likely to be shot by your own gun than use it in self defense, shooting guns is pretty fun and can be super cathartic. This is a subjective opinion of course, I grew up shooting guns with my dad so I have positive associations with it. If I were the victim of gun violence I doubt guns would seem fun in any context

> Don Ohio Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Guns are fun...…………..too bad you libs never figure THAT out. I was

> setting the sights on my 1000 ft. per sec. 22 caliber pellet gun day

> before yesterday.....what a hoot!

>

> Going to the range and shooting 9mm pistol......another hoot!

>

> Riding moped to the range...……….DOUBLE HOOT! LOL!

Guns are fun but were made for killing.

Knowing Don will burn in hell eternally for being a hypocrite........priceless hoot!

Great points

And regarding those mythical American heroes of the tv and movie screen; if you go back and re-watch old episodes of Rawhide, Laramie, or Wayne flicks you'll often find the main characters are portrayed taking a deciedly "liberal" position in most instances, especially for that era

The treatment of Native Americans during western expansion, women's suffrage, even race relations were touched on in those old B&W shows and John Wayne movies that it's actually really sad that the core message of these characters has been warped by propaganda and political motives

The young are viewing even our very recent history through a completely warped lens of technology

Its prolly gonna kill us

Have a great weekend everybody!

P__p said: ` old episodes of Rawhide, Laramie, or Wayne flicks you'll often find the main characters are portrayed taking a deciedly "liberal" position in most instances, especially for that era'

LOL! Sure,Liberal…………..HaHaHaaaa. I didn't see em killing babies back then. Packing guns and demanding justice belongs to conservatives.

Just like John Wayne going after bandits at the border, like TRUMP is doing.(edited)

You're lonely, senile and I'm very sorry.

May this transition through the winter of your life be as pain free and peaceful for you as possible.

Every once in a while I try to put on some rose colored glasses and optimistically believe that maybe I can just ignore Don or that maybe he isn't a inhuman piece of garbage, and then he goes and says some shit, right now, praising guns and "going after" of "bandits" at the border. like, what the holy fuck dude?

So catching bandits(felons,bad guys) before they come in illegally bothers you not? LOL! No respect for LEGAL aliens?

If it weren't for the thin blue line,people like you would cause more death and destruction thru anarchy of law-defying people.

You should SUPPORT ALL catching of felons at the borders(that goes for you too,Canada). I do.

lol "bandits"

Dons living some FOX News fever dream western fantasy

Tell us, Don. Have you heard of the great El Guapo?

As long as one treats their household the same way they suggest we treat our country, I have no problem.

I dare you.

More convicted felons in the united states are white than of Latin descent. Most people who are coming here illegally were trying to seek asylum, but the u.s. is so slow at dragging their feet that thousands of people were being forced to wait for weeks with no food or water. Hell I would take the risks of being jailed and sent back over the border if the alternative is almost certain death. Do you not realize that most of the people who are fleeing their homes are in countries that the united states set up corrupt governments and put insanely brutal dictators in?

I just mean you have no tact, and zero empathy. when this decayed into the usual off-topic politics shitshow, it unsurprisingly followed into the current hot topic of some MAGA-fueled admittedly racist hateful maniac shooting dozens of innocent people at the border. OK.

but when your response is " Packing guns and demanding justice belongs to conservatives. Just like John Wayne going after bandits at the border, like TRUMP is doing."

arite man, that legitimately just sucks, there is nothing good left in you. that is the response of someone entirely hollowed out and conditioned only to stir shit with zero thought or consideration whatsoever.

Will D brayed,LOL!: ` some MAGA-fueled admittedly racist hateful maniac shooting dozens of innocent people at the border.'

Imagination running wild again,Will? LOL! MAGA had nothing to do with this MADMAN'S actions. Too easy for you? Like to overthink the problem? Re-read `Live Evil' on the problem.

Actually don, if you were at all informed you would know that trump has emboldend this sort of behavoir and the shooters themselves quote him in their manifestos. Maga should be veiwed the same way we look at the Klan. A bunch of scared, bigoted, man-babies who can't get laid unless they're fucking their cousin. If you actually buy into this notion that he is making america better, there is no hope for you. If white supremacy is your idea of a great america you should be taken out in the back yard and shot like the rabid dog you are.

Daniel brayed: ` If white supremacy is your idea of a great america you should be taken out in the back yard and shot like the rabid dog you are.'

If you can't understand things any better than you have been, you NEED remediative

education, possibly while institutionalized for your own good.

Just because the fake news paints the picture of a racist Prez, you lock in GOOSE STEP to it like Nazis. LOL!

You are are such a dumb fuck. He is a racist, and everyone who supports him is too, you included. There is nothing more dangerous today than the rise of far right nationalism. We need to work together to fix problems thay exist outside of your house that affect billions of people. If really believe everything you hear on tv, your mind is too feeble and weak to form thoughts on your own. People like you need a mob to feel like you are doing right.

I oppose mobs, which are usually found beating up on conservatives. Use your head for something other than a hat(e) rack. LOL!

Do you live in another dimension?

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account