Neighbors the ones you don't like...

So here it goes, I ride my mopeds in the neighborhood ritzy side of town most people give ya a thumbs up and like the old bikes, I've got a few that are bat shit crazy hate whenever I drive by even if I am doing way under the speed limits they still yell and run out into middle of the road. What ya all doing to keep away from the crazies?

Re: Neighbors the ones you don't like...

Pretty easy to ignore people who are certifiable, however, if vehicles are their trigger perhaps you can mention it to law enforcement, would not want one to get runover chasing and barking at the garbage truck or something...

Yeah,tell the police the addresses so they don't hurt someone.

I've been stopped twice in the last week on the moped both times doing nothing wrong but riding down the street, these neighbors don't like mopeds and calling me in for simply riding.(edited)

Some people are just hateful. Too bad.

I've never run into any in my area, just bad dogs or curious cops sometimes.

If you're licensed, not too loud, ride normally, they've got no beef with you that they can justify.

That's what I told the cop today what you see me do nothin I was lucky to be on my stock Puch with a Jammy pipe and yes plates tabs and all legal.

Andrew Squiggman /

> Don Ohio Wrot

e:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Some people are just hateful.

Pot. Kettle.

Jimmy Cincinnati /

Pot. Kettle.

So what are you then? A Pot yelling at another Pot for yelling at a Kettle?

we were on a ride through a fancy neighborhood one time. taking a second run around this really fun little lake loop, some rich dude definitely coked out of his mind blasted down his driveway to park his BMW in the road to block us, jumped out wearing just boxers and starts yelling that he's the police, asking for ID's getting in peoples face. At first I think a few of us had helmets off waiting for him to swing first, then nick like a dummy actually forked over an ID. I wound up yanking the keys outta the guys car and holding them hostage til nick got his license back, and we kinda just kept the guy surrounded but at a distance til the adrenaline wore off. shit was crazy.

I think dan kastner was visiting that night too. ha, show visitors a good time.

another time here in Cleveland we'd gone to a mark mothersbaugh art opening and wound up with some little flashy blinker lights that we slapped on our bikes. Riding through the rich people burbs apparently someone called the cops saying we were flashing lights in their windows and driving around with flashing lights or some shit. Cops pulled us saying they were looking for 2 riders flashing lights in peoples windows. once they saw the bikes were registered and actually mopeds they kinda laughed us off an let us go.

Then as we were riding away, 2 dudes on Harleys rolled by with all kinda crazy flashy underlighting and shit. lol'd. those dudes were fucked.

Jimmy Cincinnati /

I was riding with a couple friends once at night (probably 10 or 11pm ish). Some guy in front of use (single lane road) was going like 10 or 15mph so we decided to pass him. He then hit the accelerator to get in front of us (of course it was a BMW). So we just got behind him again (seriously, we were on like 35 - 45 mph mopeds) and he slowed down again. He is weaving and trying to brake check my friends for a little bit. Finally we get to a light and I roll up on his window and just start screaming at him... i then told him to pull over at a gas station... we then just kept riding. I, to this day, have no idea what he was road raging about... there was no other cars on the road???

Some time later Im riding with a few friends downtown and a large group of dudes in an alley just chuck a brick at my friends back. There was probably like 20-30 of them against the like 6 of use. Needless to say we got out of there but i got my CCW after that.

Overpriced Parts /

I’m responding to WillD post about people calling the police on them for something silly like their lights.

A while ago when I had my outboard motorboat (not moped but still 2stroke haha) docked behind the marina at my lake, I was trying replace a snap on my boat cover at 12:30-1:00 am on a weekday and corner of the cover was off, a guy came walking by back-and-forth a few times, I said “do you have a boat here? he said ya, I said ok” and pretty much that was that

Because if you don't have a boat you have no business being on the docs because you’re not allowed to fish off of them or anything , it’s kinda like trespassing,

A few minutes after He was gone the police came on the scene and asked me if I saw a suspicious character and I said yeah there’s a older tall thin guy walking back-and-forth that looked suspicious and then they said no I the suspicious guy had long hair and a long beard” and at that moment they and I realized the suspicious character was me!

I showed them my ID and my Association tags they plainly saw my tools and snaps, we all had a little chuckle and talked for a little bit about boats and that was it,

I never saw that guy again but I’m sure he was the one that called the police ,

> Jimmy Cincinnati Wrote:

> Pot. Kettle.

>

> So what are you then? A Pot yelling at another Pot for yelling at a

> Kettle?

LOL!

Man, there must be some really uptight people out there, I have never had anyone freak out on me just for riding...sometimes a little frustrated in traffic, but never for just existing.

> Stephen Keller Wrote:

> Man, there must be some really uptight people out there, I have never

> had anyone freak out on me just for riding...sometimes a little

> frustrated in traffic, but never for just existing.

Ditto,Stephen! LOL!

roff, you coming down to the shop today?

He hangs out with another neighbor of ours who one day thought I was driving my Jeep to close to him and his kid than smashed a beer bottle on my windshield and broke it, called it in cops did nothing about it said he was in the right. I was nearly was on the other side of street from them he ran out in front of me to smash the beer bottle...

A lot of rage out there....my area has not been the greatest for a long time, though they are really fixing it up nicely for the light rail line coming through town, and I have never had any incidents like that. Be careful.

Overpriced Parts /

> Born to be WillD Wrote:

> roff, you coming down to the shop today?

No but I sent two vehicles worth of parts down for you guys to have

yeah holy crap it's packed in there now. I'm looking forward to bashing that concord frame into something. Thanks man!

Roff = neighbors you do like even though you disagree politically on the internets and you're unable to keep your obscenely high post count above his prolific posting.

Dirty30 Dillon /

> Erik Thalman Wrote:

> He hangs out with another neighbor of ours who one day thought I was

> driving my Jeep to close to him and his kid than smashed a beer bottle

> on my windshield and broke it, called it in cops did nothing about it

> said he was in the right. I was nearly was on the other side of street

> from them he ran out in front of me to smash the beer bottle...

Fuck this guy. I'd be pulling the silencers off my bikes and spending the entire weekend riding around his house.

> Dirty30 Dillon Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> Fuck this guy. I'd be pulling the silencers off my bikes and spending

> the entire weekend riding around his house.

That's what my boss told me to do haha I'll get him back eventually. My coworkers said they know him and he always thinks his shit don't stink

> Andrew Squiggman Wrote:

> > Don Ohio Wrot

>

> e:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > Some people are just hateful.

>

> Pot. Kettle.

First thing that came to my mind too.

So what are you then? A Pot yelling at another Pot for yelling at a Kettle?

This is the best yet.

we just got done with our JTT ride up in door county, wi, the 'thumb' that sticks out into lake michigan. Its basically like a kinda resorty/touristy area, low rent wisconsin version of a martha's vineyard or whatever kinda deal.

Its funny because 95% of the people think its funny when we roll by and wave and thumbs up but the people that get mad get really mad, like, comically irate. One year this little old lady at a gas station told Jimbo 'I hope it rains' and we've had a bunch of other great run-ins.

Overpriced Parts /

> Graham Motzing Wrote:

> we just got done with our JTT ride up in door county, wi, the 'thumb'

> that sticks out into lake michigan. Its basically like a kinda

> resorty/touristy area, low rent wisconsin version of a martha's vineyard

> or whatever kinda deal.

>

> Its funny because 95% of the people think its funny when we roll by and

> wave and thumbs up but the people that get mad get really mad, like,

> comically irate. One year this little old lady at a gas station told

> Jimbo 'I hope it rains' and we've had a bunch of other great run-ins.

I love it! I had that same thing said to me said to me, (“I hope it rains”) too when I had a few people over, tuning bikes, going up and down (well actually it’s around and around streets because my street\streets is a bunch of circles and cul-de-sacs and I said I hope so too because I’m sweating and part of my tuning is to see how well the bikes work in the rain!

The complaining guy was a brand new every two years BMW car owner and every two years a brand new BMW bike owner, he looked at me for had no clue, he take his vehicles for service to the dealership just to check and put air in the tires,

yeah i'm not really one to enjoy someone else's misfortune but if you are in a beautiful part of the world enjoying nature and everything else the good life has to offer, and you are still in a pissy mood, i'm glad that i can further add to your miserable life.

it always comes down to gratitude, most people in this area are rich entitled pricks that can't even enjoy what they have, and when they see someone who has a lot less than they do, enjoying life more it just grinds 'em.

i'm pretty happy most days just to be alive, to have a good place to raise my kids, a good job, a couple goofy mopeds to play with and a tasty beer to drink while watching the sun set.

> Graham Motzing Wrote:

> i'm pretty happy most days just to be alive, to have a good place to

> raise my kids, a good job, a couple goofy mopeds to play with and a

> tasty beer to drink while watching the sun set.

The simple things in life become dear to ones heart as we age. The rat race and material possessions just dont matter as much as they did in our youth.

> Graham Motzing Wrote:

> yeah i'm not really one to enjoy someone else's misfortune but if you

> are in a beautiful part of the world enjoying nature and everything else

> the good life has to offer, and you are still in a pissy mood, i'm glad

> that i can further add to your miserable life.

>

> it always comes down to gratitude, most people in this area are rich

> entitled pricks that can't even enjoy what they have, and when they see

> someone who has a lot less than they do, enjoying life more it just

> grinds 'em.

>

> i'm pretty happy most days just to be alive, to have a good place to

> raise my kids, a good job, a couple goofy mopeds to play with and a

> tasty beer to drink while watching the sun set.

^ Sir, yes sir! :) I wish I had known you were so close by, would have driven over there to check out the ride....I have been to Door county, did you see the goats on the roof? :) It is a beautiful place, was there as a kid. I can't belive people are so openly hostile...but grin and ride on, you are enjoying life and they are hating it, fuck them.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account