Re: Neighbors the ones you don't like...

Little update to this story, last night got a friend to ride with and he seen him run out in front of us but once he saw my friend he turned around and had a whole different look about it, now today he runs out in front of me again, so went home called him in for being unsafe. The police come over saying how they are going to give me tickets for my behavior when I've only ridden down the street by the guy's house. They tell me I can't ride down that street when I pay taxes have plates and tabs. The police are the worst on this case...

> Erik Thalman Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> The

> police come over saying how they are going to give me tickets for my

> behavior when I've only ridden down the street by the guy's house. They

> tell me I can't ride down that street when I pay taxes have plates and

> tabs. The police are the worst on this case...

Just another street to avoid, like the ones riddled with pot holes or other nastiness.

That is a street and situation to start to avoid, not like folks who are unhinged in USA are taking reasonable reactions to the thorn in their sides... these are the whack jobs who have your nation questioning the 2nd amendment, NRA, semi-automatic weapons, domestic terrorism, etc...

...don't kick the hornets nest unless you are prepared to get stung lots...

Mostly get thumbs up around here. Police don't even give me a double take.

So grateful i live in the guest house. most of my neighbors don't even know i'm their neighbor.

Not moped related, but...

I have a corporate neighbor across the street that gets multiple, daily deliveries and pickups of raw materials and finished product. They did a piss poor job of designing the loading dock and driveway, so EVERY semi has to back into the property off of the street.

Not all drivers are created equally, so about once per week, trucks tear up my tree lawn. Of course, the company, that earns 5 to 9 million a year in sales doing business claim that they aren't responsible for the ruts, and the truckers don't feel any responsibility either. One day, I come home and see a trail of mud from my grass to the truck SITTING AT THE DOCK. I ask the guy if he's gonna fix the grass, and he replies, "hey, mang, it was already damaged, I just made it worse, no, I'm not gonna fix it!"

At some point, I just figured that since the company didn't mind driving on my property, they wouldn't mind if I drove on THEIR property, so I started to turf their lawn, knowing full well I was on camera.

As a side note, they let other vehicles from the gymnastics center next door park on their grass, and my nephew DID take gymnastics there, so, as a good uncle, I should watch more gymnastics, and since they invited others to park there, and I was "others", I should be able to park or drive on their yard.

After I broke a sprinkler head, both the company AND local law enforcement failed to see the logic in my argument.

I probably drove on their yard 30 times in 3 months. I could have had a big problem. I ended up getting charges dropped if I made restitution and paid court costs to the tune of around $400.

I have to say, it did feel good turfing their lawn, though.

^ expensive revenge, should have used the money to install your own camera to catch truckers in the act?

I once had my hobbit go missing, only to see a methhead across the street taking the carb off..

Went over, grabbed the bike and walked it home while they guy yelled. Cops showed up 10 minutes later aggitated as fuck. Attitude changed when they saw my title...

Turns out a different methhead grabbed it and traded it to him for drugs, so he thought I was stealing his bike...He went in the paddywagon for receiving stolen property and some other shit they found in the house.

Jimmy Cincinnati /

^ expensive revenge, should have used the money to install your own camera to catch truckers in the act?

Seriously, what a let down way to end the story. They basically got away with it and you had to pay them. Next time take pics and get a camera like said. Trucks tear up the gravel parking lot next to my work and we pay out all the time to have it repaired. Granted, we never dispute the damage but its obviously coming from our deliveries.

Went over, grabbed the bike and walked it home while they guy yelled. Cops showed up 10 minutes later aggitated as fuck. Attitude changed when they saw my title...

That had to feel good in that moment! Glad you got your bike back.

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

The only neighbor I didn’t get along with died over a year ago. He was a real nasty old SOB that yelled at folks attending my annual moped rides because they walked on his unkempt grass. He even threatened to call the cops because of this. One time, he yelled at my son for getting some grass on his car while my son was cutting our lawn. I truly despised this guy and was glad when I heard he stroked out in the hospital.

I'm still plotting revenge.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Parking lot treadles buried in your yard problem solved

Caltrops

Tumblr_ndqb9mF1Vb1tc3wpso1_500.jpg

> Trent Anderson Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Caltrops

Seriously though, as nice as the thought is you would end up in trouble.

Get some cameras and park a vehicle there.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Yeah I was running to those real legal ramifications you cannot booby-trap your own property

you can't boobytrap your property but you could probably put something out there of "value" that could get destroyed. a visible tangible piece of personal property. itd give truckers something more obvious to avoid, or if damaged you have a better case in court. like you destroyed my priceless "spare rusty motron frame" treelawn decoration. I am gonna need at least one complete motron in compensation

Hey there Trent. Could you take pictures of the area that the trucks keep damaging?

I would like to see why this is such a hard to back in place

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Make a freaking metallic garden gnomes out of moped parts dig it....

« Go to Topic — end of thread