Value of Indian Papoose

I met a guy a long time ago with an Indian Papoose. I made an offer a long time ago but he decided to keep it now he is thinking to sell again.

So let's hear what you all think this is actually worth.

1952INDIANPAPOOSE001.jpg
1952INDIANPAPOOSE002.jpg

Re: Value of Indian Papoose

Man, I hope you can score that!!! There’s a forum for them and people want like $750-3k depending on condition and particular badging. They are more like cushmans in following and value.

http://www.indianpapooseclub.org/forum/board.php

But Gosh those bikes are good looking restored! They only came in red with gold when badged as an Indian... they are just mk1 corgis rebadged. Here’s a great article with its history..

https://www.rideapart.com/articles/253672/cycleweird-the-indian-papoose/(edited)

BFBA8152-3741-442C-B45F-F61FC0408220.jpeg

I joined the Indian Papoose club back in 2013 when I first met the guy and asked for a value... never got a reply. Basically I think it is a dead forum. Not enough interest to keep it going?

I have done a lot of reading and research and still cannot find a real value for these.

It is cool. But has damage to the headlamp and parts are all but impossible to find.

Just curious if any here have info to share so I can give an honest offer.

https://www.mecum.com/lots/LJ0617-283769/1949-indian-papoose/

That one above sold for $5750 at auction in 2017. Good luck finding any parts that you need though.

LOL! What a dangerous piece of junk! Don't ride it!

I disagree with Don. Looks fun as hell. I would buy it if I were you.

Dangerous to ride... absolutely proof is in the damaged headlamp. It is basically useless as a street bike. Just a novelty to be truthful but it is very different and weird. The only good thing is that it is very complete.

Parts... HA! none to be found. At least with the searches I have done. I always do this before a purchase to see what it would cost to fix it. This one will cost a fortune. LOL!

I am working on getting a hold of the guy again, my wife met up with him at a fair and he said he was thinking to sell again. Have to do it old school snail mail. But a long time ago we were way off on the price. Like everybody else, if it says Indian and is old it must be worth a fortune. So I am trying a trade. If I get it I will let you know. But I do not think it will happen.

1952INDIANPAPOOSE003.jpg

(edited)

Its gotta be worth $500. Offer him cash if you want it. Trading is a good way to end the deal real quick.

That seat tho.

that'd be a great campground or rally bike!

strap a cooler on the back and one of those long orange safety flags we used to put on Big Wheels so you don't get run over and die

ride it for a season then clean it up, change the lamp to a bullet and the seat to a brooks or something nice looking, couple Indian decals and "Blammo" some retired dentist will give you a grand and a half for it.

> ..... poop Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> that'd be a great campground or rally bike!

>

> strap a cooler on the back and one of those long orange safety flags we

> used to put on Big Wheels so you don't get run over and die

>

> ride it for a season then clean it up, change the lamp to a bullet and

> the seat to a brooks or something nice looking, couple Indian decals and

> "Blammo" some retired dentist will give you a grand and a half for it.

Lolz.

I'm sure if you actually ride it for a year, you'll have more offers than you can keep track of. It'll sell itself in public, not in the corner of a garage covered in dust.

I like it.

I would put up to 800 on it, right now. over that probably not. looks ike a corgi. are they the 70s era rebrand "Indian"?

lol I didn't even read jasons reply. it is a corgi. that's wortha fair bit then. 100cc! man that's a baller whip

I keep thinking a shallow opportunist is going to be faux offended by the make/model name.

Well it looks like I have made a deal with the owner. I will pick the bike up when I get off the ship the middle to end of September.

Very excited to get my hands on this one. Should be a very interesting project.

sweet! that'll be fun for sure

C14705F5-7733-4895-9392-E1C7F58002B0.jpeg
77698757-CD1E-400A-BD2E-81C97EAD3428.jpeg

Gotta wonder if any of these sustained action with bullet holes.(edited)

« Go to Topic — end of thread