Free money from equifax

It’s a real thing but don’t trust me. Do a quick search. Get some money and buy more moped junk you don’t need. Pretty sure this is only for folks in the USA.

EQUIFAX SETTLEMENT MONEY

Re: Free money from equifax

So my identity was stolen because Equifax sent me a credit report then lost my info for the world to pickup.

Now I should type my info back into a link and shoot it out again.

^ Lol, right?!?

> cheetahchrome . Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> So my identity was stolen because Equifax sent me a credit report then

> lost my info for the world to pickup.

>

> Now I should type my info back into a link and shoot it out again.

Yeah, I get that. And I get being skeptical. It is being handled by a third party settlement administrator and is definitely legit. I’m stoked to get some free money and, joke is on them, my credit couldn’t possibly be worse.

just tossing it out there

Mine's better than it ever was, I was prob not shared in a breach...lol, it was awful forever...is finally over 700....so I'm keeping quiet! ;)

Overpriced Parts /

My son had a part identity stolen, his bank accounts, brand new just excepted credit cards, College info, Health insurance, his auto loan and eBay info was compromised

To this day eBay and PayPal refuses him/having a account, his credit rating is toward the low side that makes for a higher interest payment on auto loan if he were to buy new car again,

He was never delinquent on any payments of anything so none of it was fair but that’s what happens when you get your identity taken,

Lucky all the problems happened when he was Single and lived at home so the multiple phone calls and everything for weeks we are able to talk to all the stores, banks, creditors very quickly but still it took years to resolve/straighten out,

A lot of stuff still went on his credit report even after it was supposed to be all settled because people opened, were opening/trying to open up accounts/everywhere, there are still things/issues he's dealing with because people in foreign countries are still trying to use his information,

It gets stopped every time now because he has identity theft insurance but still every now and again he gets some kind a notice that somebody was trying to scam, open up account or something and this is like from 13 years ago when he couldn’t get money from an ATM then we got a call from a bank in Barcelona Spain that started all this!

When you got your identity taken that long ago there was few safeguards in place and everything spread very quickly now there’s more protection, supposedly,

__̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__ /

6 didits of ssn.

you been raped.

WOW all this trouble just because people dont live within their means

> Rebel Moby Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> WOW all this trouble just because people dont live within their means

It happens to people that live within their means too. People that have no cards, no loans and no credit.

Dirty30 Dillon /

It's actual, free money. This settlement is the punishment for being a shady corporation.

If you don't take advantage of this, you are literally giving Equifax $125 for being a corrupt company.

dunno about "free"

"Sorry 'bout the potential lifetime of anger and frustration due to our repeated malfeasance and abject ineptitude. Here's a fuckin' nickel, kid. Go buy an ice cream."

I filed mine. Then I entered random last names and numbers till I got another go ahead to file and filed again

I hate reporting agencies. I had bad credit once because one of the reporting agencies confused me with someone 30 years older. It took me 2 months to resolve it. It also cost me over 100.00 in fees. The reporting agencies and debt collector should have paid me for my time.

yeah man it sucks, people should be found guilty of criminal negligence and wire fraud and to jail time. this isn't even a slap on the wrist for these fuckers.

There is a pretty well established concept in tort law that you can sue equal to the damages.... having your identity stolen, it should be pretty easy to show damages in the thousands upon thousands of dollars... 125 bucks doesn't quite cut it.

also: one other thing you can do, its kind of a pain in the ass because they make you do it by snail mail, but you can print off a form that prevents unsolicited 'soft pulls' on your credit that credit card companies use to send you junk mail.

nice to have less junk mail but you're also cutting off a revenue stream for the reporting agencies. it might only add up to a few cents per pull or something like that but it adds up.... if everyone did it, it would cost them millions a year.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account