RIP to Toni Morrison

I hadn't realized til she died that she'd come from Lorain OH, just west of Cleveland.

There's a lot of RIP postings on here, often it's movie stars or whatever. and that's sad, but it's even more powerful to lose a true artist or writer, someone who could put things into a perspective to really reach folks. It's a loss that can't be recovered, I don't think anyone could write the way she did.

But maybe in her passing it'll encourage folks to go back and read some that they hadn't, I think I will

Re: RIP to Toni Morrison

i had no idea she was from the 216.

Re: RIP to Toni Morrison

Overpriced Parts /

> A Zed Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> i had no idea she was from the 216.

Lorain Ohio is 440

Re: RIP to Toni Morrison

> Overpriced Parts Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > A Zed Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > i had no idea she was from the 216.

>

> Lorain Ohio is 440

not when we all were born.

Re: RIP to Toni Morrison

Overpriced Parts /

> A Zed Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > Overpriced Parts Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > > A Zed Wrote:

>

> >

>

> > > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> >

>

> > > i had no idea she was from the 216.

>

> >

>

> > Lorain Ohio is 440

>

> not when we all were born.

Say we not se, haha (pink panther), where I Iive now which was where is the farthest reach of 216 until they changed the area code in early 90s when you moved away and became a nutcase troll,

From my used to be but that now paradise that I live in now but thanks to the 49,3% of the people that sucks off the government and is not going to be paradise very much longer, (can’t you guys get a job people, instead of protesting! Because you’re lazy people that don’t pay into the government that you hate !

So when the water runs dry (Western states) and because because of air conditioning and or sucking so much off electrical grid fails just so the Western states could be seen in space, Maybe you’ll want to move back to a state that produces not that sucks off the grid as well as all these western state people that are sucking off of everything and contaminating the whole earth because they want 24 hr of Best climate, Best weather, ever!

My Micro microclimate only has two or three months of bad weather and during those times I can still ride because it’s not really bad it’s only like 7 to 10 bad weather days!

West Coast, East Coast and east cost suck up more energy in the Midwest ever will, for recreation then they ever be able to produce,

I can live off the land so when all this comes down, screw up are you protesters nutcase people!

Re: RIP to Toni Morrison

whatever you say, roff.

Re: RIP to Toni Morrison

Overpriced Parts /

> A Zed Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> whatever you say, roff.

Yeah because you’re not here and you know nothing except sucking off other states environmentally as well as most western states do because they want the sun in their face all the time, at the cost of sucking off the electrical grid and watersheds of other states!

When you western people can’t get the water or the power off the grid you will be calling us mid western people racist which we are not but there’s so much bias! Google or any search engines you want to think of and all you’ll see is nazi!

We don’t care, none of us midwestern, great lakes people who have all the fresh water in the world as well as Hydro electric power, grid power, don’t care except when you want to suck our water and all of our electricity just because you don’t want to have to live with two or three months of cold weather, wha wha, sissies!

It’s too bad where you live! you are all are all crybabies and blame the country!

When the locus come and coat everything you have and and the water runs dry and your 119° temperatures roast your interiors of your car and ruin everything enjoy it!

I will enjoy the four seasons that you’re supposed to have and enjoy without sucking off the other states power grid or watersheds as you western people do,

It would be so nice if air conditioning wasn’t invented then you/nut cases that moved out to the west wouldn’t have moved there in the first place and the in earth would be way better without you Energy suckers!

Western states people sucking Energy and water off the planet yet you make the worst environmental laws in the world,

God what hypocrites you are!

If I’m wrong post something that says I am wrong,

All the hot western states want to be green but by being green they suck off the rest of the nation! Enjoy going out at 5 o’clock in the mornin to do anything without burning yourself up when 2/3 of the nation don’t have to at 1/10 of the energy use as you western people use, west coast states are such hypocrites, making laws to be green yet using more energy than everybody else!

Re: RIP to Toni Morrison

Ramble on.

Re: RIP to Toni Morrison

Andrew Squiggman /

I believe he might be sunsetting.

Re: RIP to Toni Morrison

ken's roffing at the mouth again.

Re: RIP to Toni Morrison

Andrew Squiggman /

Sorry, correction. Sundowning.

Re: RIP to Toni Morrison

__̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__ /

who?

Re: RIP to Toni Morrison

Overpriced Parts /

> __̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__ Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> who?

This person (in this 20 year old picture) who was a professor teacher author

C5E568C5-F90D-41FF-80E4-A4B1F381D9BC.jpeg

She wrote this Book sort of like the first book of a trilogy based on former slave living in the most freest state in the Union (Ohio) that became a movie though I never saw the movie,

AB2A49B3-A524-4EEC-B152-81BA0C7B52DB.jpeg

Her stuff though was fiction it seemed pretty real and graphic,

She got a Noble prize also, I wouldn’t of known about any of her stuff wasn’t for my children having to do book reports some 20 somethin years ago (basically I did much of the work on reports as well as school projects like many parents do) and came across her books,

She’s been on the local news lately though she didn’t live here

Re: RIP to Toni Morrison

yeah she did a lot, besides being a very highly awarded and powerful author (and graphic, when necessary, to very poignant effect) she did a whole lot of other things I've only learned since digging in posthumously. Kindof interesting how that can happen - for ex there were whole albums of Prince that I never listened to until I was considering how there would never be new material, and making the realization that there is already a lot that was still new-to-me

Re: RIP to Toni Morrison

back before the interwebs when you had to actually physically hunt for subculture, I read a book called England's Dreaming that delved so deeply into punk history that I got into a lot of post-punk and odd shit that I'd never heard, nor would have, before.

Books are cool.

lFTWtQu.jpg

Re: RIP to Toni Morrison

Nowadays you'll have to electronically hunt for subculture and i can attest that in these days thats just about as hard as the old physical way, there's just a lot more uninteresting books to scour through.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account