anyone remember the Sachs madass? I saw one today.

I know it's just a horizontal Honda clone with a weird frame but memories of us talking about them years ago started flooding back...talked to the guy for a few minutes about the bike.

REALLY surprised as to how big it was, it's taller than a grom. The guy loved the thing...I must admit it looked really neat in person.

No way we got more than a few thousand of these things imported. Talk about a unicorn over here west of Seattle.(edited)

Re: anyone remember the Sachs madass? I saw one today.

Jimmy Cincinnati /

Ive seen a few, but your right they are not super common. I dont hate them, but they are not my first pic of small bore bikes.

Me neither, I prefer my Cub for a four stroke bike. But I have to admit that it's a cool reimagining of the horz' Honda platform. It looked comfortable too

there's one for sale on my local CL, outta baltimore. dude wants $2800 for it... hahahaha

i offered him $600 bc he said he needed it gone. told em i didnt mean to insult him but i didnt need it either and just wanted to help him. he replied and asked if i could do $1200

i was like nawwwww trick

neat, heavy

Lol. They were $1100 new if I recall correctly.

Jimmy Cincinnati /

Lol. They were $1100 new if I recall correctly.

I thought there were over $2K new, but thats based solely on my crappy memory. $1100 actually sounds cheap despite it being a chinese built Sachs.

Jimmy Cincinnati /

So whats everyone's feelings on the Lifan Pony?

(edited)

The sachs madass is built so shit that i can frequently buy them for less than 200€. They are all falling apart these days.

> Jimmy Cincinnati Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> So whats everyone's feelings on the Lifan Pony?

>

> http://www.mandmmotorsports.com/products/motorcycles/lifan8.jpg

I would take that over a Madass! :)

remember?

Its like saying "anyone remember the Ford Escape?"

pretty sure they still make the madass

madass50 died in 2011. There were 125's made til '13 or 2014. There was also a 500cc and an electric concept version but no longer. could maybe find something similar on alibaba tho.

I always kinda hated em. crappy clone of a great motor on a weird frame, but not interesting weird, more like trying too hard and the chocolate starfish weird. And madass is about the dumbest name maybe ever.

"Sachs" is now SFM bikes, they don't really have much in common with the old german pre-2000s sachs, theyre instead just cheap shitty china small bikes. They now brand them "SAXXX". They had some pretty fast 2 stroke scooters but transitioned to mostly electric. even have an electric grom clone:

« Go to Topic — end of thread