Rail-peds?

Anyone try this with a ped before?

(edited)

Re: Rail-peds?

No, but I've thought about it an awful lot! Nice to know I'm not alone.

What beautiful country....rail ped would be cool, but not practical in the boonies, and highly illegal in the US anywhere there is enough infra-structure to have access to fuel. Would be super cool to build and take on short clandestine runs...

Chris Carleton /

A guy on youtube built a railrider thingy with a chainsaw engine. Pretty cool. When i was a youngster we lived with tracks in our backyard. We would let almost all the air outta our minibike tires and ride the rails. Worked ok for a bit.....

Not always a goodly idea though...

jfc, as they got closer i thought that red thing was gonna be a torso

^ +1.

Probably best to ride on exempted or abandoned rails. We got lots of em here in the states!

> ..... poop Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> jfc, as they got closer i thought that red thing was gonna be a torso

That red thing was the fuel tank.

Buncha fools playing on rr tracks.

Trust me guys, I had 40 yrs. On the railroad. You do not want to do this. No matter how dead you may think a track is. Every where I've worked on in various states , the local gandydancers, have souvenirs , they have confiscated, from riders trespassing on R.R. property. And photos of grisly accidents . Bikes, acts, mopeds, hikers, scrapers, always lose against a train.

Not knowing that industry, would you say 40 years of service constitutes "all the live long day"?

Blaine- The artist formerly known as Plumber Crack "(OFMC)" /

^lol

> Les B. Wrote:

> Trust me guys, I had 40 yrs. On the railroad. You do not want to do

> this. No matter how dead you may think a track is. Every where I've

> worked on in various states , the local gandydancers, have souvenirs ,

> they have confiscated, from riders trespassing on R.R. property. And

> photos of grisly accidents . Bikes, acts, mopeds, hikers, scrapers,

> always lose against a train.

Sober people are not hit by trains. That said, you have no business on a rail line, it is private property and you can be cited for trespassing, I know, I used to ride my Honda next to a rail line to get to the store when I did not have a valid DL, I was stopped by a railroad cop, he was cool, let me go without a citation, but I learned a lesson. An Engineer radioed me in, the same D-bag that waved at me...but they really are only concerned with your safety. Where the video was shot is in a far less regulated part of the world. It sure was beautiful though.(edited)

Thanks Stephen, I've stopped many assholes who thought THEY had every right to be on RR property. No. But not to be an asshole, I've seen trespassers hit by trains,and I will never forget it. Kids , adults, even families on everything ,riding up on the shoulders of the tracks . That shoulder ,consists of limestone,granite ballast holds the track in place. When broken down by off-road toys , it destabilizes, the integrity of the track. So you need to know how unsafe it is. Plus the ribbon rail we use is a silent killer. You don't even hear a train coming up behind you. So please when you get stopped, your not getting fucked with by some prick. But by someone who doesn't want to see you hurt or worse.

__̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__ /
Screenshot_20190810-171506.png

That's why I said "exempted or abandoned" . If you do it in the right place, you're fine. Never on a live line.

This is near me. I haven't done this yet, but I often go camping in this area. Rail Riders

Nah,

I worked in reality tv for a long time and some crew members we knew worked locally in their respective states when we went dark for a month or two between seasons.

I didn't know the girl personally but there was an incident a few years back (i wanna say in tennessee but it's foggy) where there was a shoot on some tracks that were supposed to be "dead". She didn't make it home.

> Stephen Keller Wrote:

> > Les B. Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > Trust me guys, I had 40 yrs. On the railroad. You do not want to do

>

> > this. No matter how dead you may think a track is. Every where I've

>

> > worked on in various states , the local gandydancers, have souvenirs ,

>

> > they have confiscated, from riders trespassing on R.R. property. And

>

> > photos of grisly accidents . Bikes, acts, mopeds, hikers, scrapers,

>

> > always lose against a train.

>

> Sober people are not hit by trains. That said, you have no business on a

> rail line, it is private property and you can be cited for trespassing,

> I know, I used to ride my Honda next to a rail line to get to the store

> when I did not have a valid DL, I was stopped by a railroad cop, he was

> cool, let me go without a citation, but I learned a lesson. An Engineer

> radioed me in, the same D-bag that waved at me...but they really are

> only concerned with your safety. Where the video was shot is in a far

> less regulated part of the world. It sure was beautiful though.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account