Things the RT50 noped has taught me over the past two weeks.

Tighten your spark plug, that was a soft seize, not a dirty fuel filter stall.

Dos right now has Polini Corsa kits for horizontal Minarelli scooter engines in stock for a good price.

I can’t decipher the engrish on the Dos temp/rpm gauge instructions.

Cheap clone carbs can’t keep up with heavier drinking cylinder/pipe combos.

If you’ve checked everything else, including replacing the dirty fuel filter, and the damn thing is still getting hot and cutting out at high revs make sure there isn’t a clump of trash in the tank clogging up the fuel outlet.

Plastic tanks are nice.

Re: Things the RT50 noped has taught me over the past two weeks.

Fuck a clone carb, spend the money, buy the real deal, always worth it.

> Stephen Keller Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Fuck a clone carb, spend the money, buy the real deal, always worth it.

The clone was fine on the stock set up, it was one of the Jog type carbs . I upjetted and upjetted and upjetted and it was still acting lean. Swapped it for a legit PHBG and it was happy. Guess something about the clone's fuel circuit needs work

Yeah, I just don't trust them, original for me, but the cost difference can really mean something, but I have found over the years, you get what you pay for. Plastic tanks ARE nice! :)

the biggest issue IMO with the clones is lack of QC, so some might flow enough, others not. I have found on some that the fuel passages are srilled too small or worse theyre misaligned. so like there's a 3mm passagewat drilled from the spigot and a 3mm passageway drilled from the float bowl, but they're off center and only align like mayb 1mm^2 actually, and your flow sucks and it drains. I've seen that on a phbg clone, a SHA clone and an OKO clone (which is aleady a clone of the PWK, but the real OKO's are decent, the clone of a clone tho? anyone remember the movie duplicity?)

what's wrong with your dos gauge? I've got one and its been great. some folks have mentioned issues related to RF or something?

> Born to be WillD Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> what's wrong with your dos gauge? I've got one and its been great. some

> folks have mentioned issues related to RF or something?

I don't understand the instructions and can't figure out how to get it to read in Fahrenheit, but that's ok. I know that if I should starts creeping up around 150C to get worried.

The tach was working and now doesn't, haven't taken the time yet to figure out if that's my error or equipment failure. Weird thing is when I first hooked it up I was only using the temp sensor so the other wire was just dangling but it was still registering something. It worked the first night I wrapped it on the coil wire then next day all it would read is 0 rpm.

« Go to Topic — end of thread