American Motors Cars

Anyone play around with AMC cars here besides Rebel Moby?(edited)

Re: RIP to Rusty Ford

If there is any moderation of this site whatsoever you should be banned for spamming this section.

Re: American Motors Cars

Now you're changing the title of your posts.

Fuck off and go outside or something.

I have a '64 330 wagon I'm setting up to be my daily. Pics forthcoming.(edited)

Shitposting is posting large amounts of content of "aggressively, ironically, and trollishly poor quality" to an online forum or social network, in some cases intended to derail discussions or otherwise make the site unusable to its regular visitors.

Thanks zed for being a loser!

If only some other less retarded person fucked your ugly prostitute mother we wouldn't be enjoying your shitposts.

NICE - have the 3 speed or Flash-o-matic transmission on that ???

I had a '75 CJ-5 for several years. It was great with the stock 304 and three-speed. Until I removed those & added too much horsepower for the stock drivetrain and suspension to handle. I pretty much twisted everything, including the frame, and passed it off to someone else for further modifications. But it wheelied great with a welded rear end and bald 36x14.50 Swampers. Damn I miss that Jeep. It got me more tail than any rig I've owned. Including my wife. I picked her up in it for our first date. I had the top off, in February, on the Tacoma waterfront.

> Rebel Moby Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> NICE - have the 3 speed or Flash-o-matic transmission on that ???

B-W T-96 w/ OD.

Closest I came was a Gremlin a girlfriend of mine had. Worked on it a few times. Drove ok.

Gremlin_side_5903000893.jpg

Nice - our 62 Deluxe (year before Americans had trim level numbers) has the automatic. Fun little cars.

> A Zed Wrote:

> > Rebel Moby Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > NICE - have the 3 speed or Flash-o-matic transmission on that ???

>

> B-W T-96 w/ OD.

Brad William /

I had a pacer in the back yard one summer in the late 90's. filled it with water and added fish. lasted through a few backyard keggers. It was the coolest fucking lawn ornament for a few weeks until it went algae green moldy and the fish swelled to frightening little popeyed potbellied scaley horrors. then it was less cool. carted it off to the junkman. don't miss it.(edited)

Hadda fix a piece of junk Gremlin for a friend of my wife's...………….miserable car and you'd better have your old part with you cause their books were incomplete.

https://www.cbsnews.com/pictures/worlds-15-ugliest-cars/10/(edited)

Never owner but always a lover.

In college we entered a soapbox derby with some friends, our car was called the gremlin and was supposed to have decals of the critters from the movie gremlins. Priceless their faces when they realized I decked it our with stencils of AMC gremlins

Overpriced Parts /

My father had a low mi AMC green hornet he garaged and kept immaculate and basically had same design 6 cylinder engine like that they put in the Jeep Cherokee and was quite Peppy,

Man that thing drove nice, I was set to buy it off of him but he traded it in on a 82 Chevy blazer he ordered then he got sick with diabetes and had to give up the blazer a few months after he took delivery of it because he needed the money and lost a lot of money on the deal, he should’ve just kept the hornet

Coming of age in the 70's and 80's during a time when social media and cell phones could not have even been imagined, your car was not just your ticket to freedom but was very much part of you. In 1978 at 14, I walked into a car lot and saw this beautiful 71 hot rod Nova with Craiger SS wheels, an LT1 engine and chrome side pipes for $1800. I convince the small rural used car dealer to let me put a few hundred bucks down on it to hold it. I dont think he realized that I was only 14 and it would take 2 years to fully pay for it and to legally drive it...but somehow on my 16th birthday, along with my mom and final few hundred dollars, I drove my dream car off the lot and got to enjoy an unchallenged superiority for that summer. But my local reign soon came to an end when the "rich kid" in town showed up with a Gremlin and its Super charged 401 sticking up out of the hood. He actually drove around town with wheelie bars attached. I was able to witness that car bring the front end off the ground effortlessly in the high school parking lot on the first day back to school in the fall of 1980...

I have owned many beautiful muscle cars over the years now but the two cars that I had always wanted but never owned were the 302 Boss Mach 1 Mustang and the AMC AMX with the 390 4 Speed.(edited)

younger guy (late teens, early 20s if that) at a local gas station has a really nice AMX he works on in between fill-ups

kinda gives me hope that some of the kids still like the old stuff

Dirty30 Dillon /

> Roosty Ford Wrote:

> Shitposting is posting large amounts of content of "aggressively,

> ironically, and trollishly poor quality" to an online forum or social

> network, in some cases intended to derail discussions or otherwise make

> the site unusable to its regular visitors.

>

> Thanks zed for being a loser!

>

> If only some other less retarded person fucked your ugly prostitute

> mother we wouldn't be enjoying your shitposts.

7 posts, each one a fucking riot. Go clean yourself up and slap a new pampers on.

Jimmy Cincinnati /

kinda gives me hope that some of the kids still like the old stuff

Whats sad is even if younger guys want to work on older cars they will have a hard time do to the age/condition, and cost of these things. Your hard pressed finding a 71 Nova for $1800 these days thats anything more than a rotted shell.

never owned an AMC, but im currently building a '30 model a rat rod. looking to do a single turbo 1jz, piss off all the old heads ya know (elbow nudge, ha - ha)

im 26. love old stuff. daily a '91 S10 2.5 iron duke or my '93 samurai. everything i have is historic haha

was driving a '62 merc meteor S33 in high school but sold it for this model a.

sadly it's a dying breed... my generation just wants to stay glued on their phones and have everything handed to them. Carburator?? i barely know her. if it doesnt get IG likes most dont want anything to do with it. makes me sick

would love to get an AMC some day, not enough time to collect em all though haha

speaking of AMC's,, saw this on BaT today

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1977-amc-hornet-amx/

I used to rock a 68’ Rebel sedan, $175, my memories are blue smoke and vacuum wipers.

> - rwc - Wrote:

> I used to rock a 68’ Rebel sedan, $175, my memories are blue smoke and

> vacuum wipers.

LOL! Blue smoke indeed! Not many AMCs survived...……...just not worth the troubles.

In 1984 or 85, my older sister bought a brand new Jeep CJ8 Scrambler base model with the AMC 150ci 4 cylinder engine and manual tranny. We didn't get along very well but she asked if I could go with her when she bought it to drive it out of the Jeep dealer lot. She was just learning to drive a stick and did not want to embarrass herself or run into something before she even got it home. I of course obliged and can vividly remember just how cool that thing drove as we were leaving. Its torquey and boucey feel was really fricken awesome as I shifted gears. As we made it out of the "cities" and got onto the less busy country road, she instructed me to pull over and get into the passenger seat. She then said I hope you enjoyed driving it because that is the last time you ever will....and she was not kidding.

Joke was on her though! About 10 years ago my brother and I were riding dirt bikes out at her farm and I went into her barn to look for something. There was a tarped vehicle under many years of pigeon crap and dust. As I pulled back the tarp out of curiosity, there it was! Still looking good and still with the pony blanket seat covers that she put on those bucket seats when it was new. After a little begging, she agreed to sell it to me.

Though it had not been on the road for years. I towed it home and with only a hour or two of cleaning up the gas and ignition system (just like a old moped) that old AMC engine came to life..

The AMC - CJ era is my favorite of the jeeps. Although they had very little "Jeep" in them, at least they were better than the modern day Chryslers.

Andrew Squiggman /

We had a 1985 amc Jeep Cherokee we bought in 1987. We were second owners, truck had 50k miles. In one year the rear doors rusted through, the stick shifter sheared off simply when shifting into reverse. The trans second gear needed rebuild. A part in the trans was made by Peugeot, and none were in the u.s. three months to get that part. Carb fell into pieces as the bolts wore out their threads. The rear wheel with brake passed me on a mountain exit in the poconos, and rolled town a cliff. The blaupunkt radio ceased to work.

In that year, it lived at the repair shop for probably five months on and off.

What a horrid piece of shit.

Quote Squiggy: The rear wheel with brake passed me on a mountain exit in the poconos, and rolled town a cliff.

HaHaHaaaa! Now THAT is a scary event! LOL! Liked to have seen a selfie of you when that happened.

Overpriced Parts /

> Andrew Squiggman Wrote:

> We had a 1985 amc Jeep Cherokee we bought in 1987. We were second

> owners, truck had 50k miles. In one year the rear doors rusted through,

> the stick shifter sheared off simply when shifting into reverse. The

> trans second gear needed rebuild. A part in the trans was made by

> Peugeot, and none were in the u.s. three months to get that part. Carb

> fell into pieces as the bolts wore out their threads. The rear wheel

> with brake passed me on a mountain exit in the poconos, and rolled town

> a cliff. The blaupunkt radio ceased to work.

>

> In that year, it lived at the repair shop for probably five months on

> and off.

>

> What a horrid piece of shit.

My boss used to Offroad his AMC Jeep with the 304 V8 and every time something would break! the last time the whole rear axle came out on the right side, he saw right wheel sticking out a foot and then whole thing snapped!

He had to get winched and towed out of there costing him a bunch of money plus costing a bunch of money to get his AMC jeep fixed, I was loving it because my old boss wasn't a very nice person ha ha ,

Anyone still want to get into some serious AMC carsor get your AMX/Javelin/Rebel back on the road then get hold of my old friend Eddie Stakes at http://www.planethoustonamx.com/ he has almost everything AMC/Rambler andwhathe does not have he will hook you up with the person who does have it...

It's like going back into the nineties! Viewing AMC info while browsing a geocities style web page......Sweet sweet nostalgia upon more nostalgia!

Never had much of an interest in amc cars although it seems those that do are fanatical about it similar to mopar guys. I like the rebal machines and amx cars though.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account