72 CT70 // CL 70 Lifan 110cc hybrid. WITH RUST

popped up on CL and fb marketplace... i just had to have it

dude was a big CT70 guy, he rebuilt the forks and had all new brake components on it. he said it had a build trx engine (i think honda quad??? but idk maybe it's a mini engine that was built up) and it wasnt selling so he sold the engine and put this lifan 110 on it to sell the whole thing for cheaper. clean vin plate, going vermont to get a title. 4spd semi-auto (honda S90 engine clone essentially)

it's a NOS CL70 tank he said he found on ebay in europe lol

seat needs some upholstry but that's it... all lights work, 3position ignition (last is for lights), horn works, fresh tires... she's turn key. paid $900,, idt that's too bad for a turn key 50mph bike and you're really buying the roller being the lifan is like a $200 engine new? meh, im not gonna lie i miss my grom... but i DONT miss having $3k into a mini bike haha this thing has some torque, should be able to wheelie easily,, it'll be my backup when my hobbit is down

anyway,, thoughts?

thumbnail_20190821_222355.jpg
thumbnail_20190821_222557.jpg

Re: 72 CT70 // CL 70 Lifan 110cc hybrid. WITH RUST

oh the rust part..... he rusted the frame with acid, hot tank dipped it, then did a heavy clear coat on it. i love it

Re: 72 CT70 // CL 70 Lifan 110cc hybrid. WITH RUST

Jimmy Cincinnati /

Its different, thats for sure. I actually like it, looks fun to ride. My advice, slap one of those 160cc Pitster pro motors on it (17hp!)... oh and fenders. Gotta have fenders.

I like it, id ride it! Ill race you on my GT80

https://tboltusa.com/store/pitster-pro-155-engine-br-fits-pit-bikes-and-other-minis-p-522.html

FYI i have a 160cc motor that needs a new flywheel. If your coming through Cincinnati ever you can have it for free. It ran until my buddy forgot to tighten his flywheel nut & messed up the crank. Complete engine, i think i still have the carb for it too.

Re: 72 CT70 // CL 70 Lifan 110cc hybrid. WITH RUST

> Jimmy Cincinnati Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Its different, thats for sure. I actually like it, looks fun to ride. My

> advice, slap one of those 160cc Pitster pro motors on it (17hp!)... oh

> and fenders. Gotta have fenders.

>

> I like it, id ride it! Ill race you on my GT80

>

> FYI i have a 160cc motor that needs a new flywheel. If your coming

> through Cincinnati ever you can have it for free. It ran until my buddy

> forgot to tighten his flywheel nut & messed up the crank. Complete

> engine, i think i still have the carb for it too.

man that's pretty tempting...

i'll actually be in Indianapolis in about 2 weeks. but that's the same engine and just needs a flywheel ?

Re: 72 CT70 // CL 70 Lifan 110cc hybrid. WITH RUST

Jimmy Cincinnati /

i'll actually be in Indianapolis in about 2 weeks. but that's the same engine and just needs a flywheel ?

It should be the same bolt pattern as the motor you have now, the 155 might be a newer version of it?? honestly i dont know, it was on my buddies Pitster pro that is probably about 10 years old at this point. Pitster pro has pretty good customer service, they could advise on specifics of it and would likely have parts.

There is a slight chance ill be passing through Indy in about 2 weeks, i might even be able to meet you at a gas station somewhere... not sure on that yet but could keep you posted. Otherwise your always welcome to come get it or I could ship it to you (granted that would be a bit pricey due to weight).

Figure out if you want to toy with it and Ill dig it out of my basement. im like 90% sure its still down there, i thought i saw it a couple months back.

Re: 72 CT70 // CL 70 Lifan 110cc hybrid. WITH RUST

> Jimmy Cincinnati Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> i'll actually be in Indianapolis in about 2 weeks. but that's the same

> engine and just needs a flywheel ?

>

> It should be the same bolt pattern as the motor you have now, the 155

> might be a newer version of it?? honestly i dont know, it was on my

> buddies Pitster pro that is probably about 10 years old at this point.

> Pitster pro has pretty good customer service, they could advise on

> specifics of it and would likely have parts.

>

> There is a slight chance ill be passing through Indy in about 2 weeks, i

> might even be able to meet you at a gas station somewhere... not sure on

> that yet but could keep you posted. Otherwise your always welcome to

> come get it or I could ship it to you (granted that would be a bit

> pricey due to weight).

>

> Figure out if you want to toy with it and Ill dig it out of my basement.

> im like 90% sure its still down there, i thought i saw it a couple

> months back.

reading the reviews of that 160 engine, it sounds great!! i think i'll take you up on the offer and if we could meet up that'd be cool, if not i dont mind paying the shipping... $50 - 75 or whatever isnt bad for a free engine, no complaints here. We'll see if we can meet up though!

Re: 72 CT70 // CL 70 Lifan 110cc hybrid. WITH RUST

Jimmy Cincinnati /

I sent you a PM

Re: 72 CT70 // CL 70 Lifan 110cc hybrid. WITH RUST

Ana L. of the Aurora Roras /

Put the engine on the hobbit.

875F8C6E-79D5-4DDC-9A2B-8E6D170CE5E5.jpeg

Re: 72 CT70 // CL 70 Lifan 110cc hybrid. WITH RUST

> Ana L. of the Aurora Roras Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Put the engine on the hobbit.

> >

well i'd have to convert from variated to chain. maybe if i get another hobbit?

anyway, hear me out... what if i put that 155 engine on this guy, and then put this engine on the hobbit (wood-be spare hobbit). yeahh???

Re: 72 CT70 // CL 70 Lifan 110cc hybrid. WITH RUST

Ana L. of the Aurora Roras /

I cut the engine mount off, it came with the swing arm and chain wheel. It was a 1980 C70 passport, bent the stamped frame in then welded to the hobbit frame. :)

4FDB24F4-EB72-422A-85F2-9A034178DDC8.jpeg
49AACEE4-B4F1-4AD2-973A-9E6FA72F961D.jpeg
6389A7B8-0397-4D15-AAEC-F6B15248C741.jpeg

Re: 72 CT70 // CL 70 Lifan 110cc hybrid. WITH RUST

I saw that 1st scootertrash photo and thought wow, looks like the top half of a hobbit and the bottom half of a cub.

even the front forks

love.

to OP, looks fun. there was a crew in Atlanta we were close with that all rode all variety of mini Hondas, mostly old ct70 based stuff with essentially disposable china motors. half-percenters

Re: 72 CT70 // CL 70 Lifan 110cc hybrid. WITH RUST

haha thats cool, yeah 900 bucks for what is essentially a cooler lookin grom is a pretty good deal

scooter, man, you crazy

Re: 72 CT70 // CL 70 Lifan 110cc hybrid. WITH RUST

Jimmy Cincinnati /

Found it!

FYI also found the side cover, stator, and oil cooler. Need to locate the carb / intake next.

IMG_0799[1].JPG
IMG_0800[1].JPG
IMG_0802[1].JPG

Re: 72 CT70 // CL 70 Lifan 110cc hybrid. WITH RUST

sickk !!! thats awesome

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to reply to this thread?

We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first you'll need to login (or create an account).