Re: Discuss?

Brad William /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Leaving aside such dodges as "wage stickiness", what is the root of this? How is it possible, conscionable, that employees don't share the success of the company work for? My only explanation is that despite all the "we're all in this together" dog and pony show we all have to sit through at our workplaces, we're really nothing more than an expense. Heating, cooling, transportation, snow removal, landscaping, etc. I'm fine with that to tell the truth. For the "subsidiary" employees of a large firm, the outside contractors, the HVAC guys, the plumbers, the truckers, the landscapers, etc, this is understood. They don't have to sit through the same silly meetings, the pep talks, the pizza Fridays with balloons, and the droning exhortations of how wonderful and valuable and real corporate family members we are.

I'm not really intelligent enough to understand the economics of this. I'm not even advocating for a remedy to the chart above. But I am aware enough to be insulted a bit by the pretenses of being part of any corporate, large or small, "family". We all get this crap at work. It's silly. It's insulting. Can't we just be more honest with one another before we can get to any real meaningful conversations about this stuff?

Ok. Anyone else. Rant on!

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account