Re: Discuss?

Graham Motzing /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

how are they generating that statistic?

if you own a lawn mowing business and have 2 guys working for you with push mowers and they can mow 5 yards an hour

and you go out and buy 2 brand new exmark ZTR's for 10k each and they now can mow 10 yards an hour, but you invested 20,k that has to get paid back somehow.

does that mean you would double their pay? or would you pay off the equipment and keep the profit for yourself?

i'm not someone who just runs around advocating wide open capitalism but that is how the economy works, automation and technology has blown the doors off worker productivity. i can sit at a CAD workstation and design and do drawings in a week that would have taken 4 guys to do back in the 50's. They go out to the shop and a dude with a CNC laser burns them out in 15 minutes that would have been hand cut on a saw and drilled/machined by hand 50 years ago taking 10 times as long.

i'm not a big fan of dimensionless nonsense graphs posted with no context but the last 50 years has seen a huge shift and i don't doubt the concept of that graph is valid.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account