Re: Discuss?

Born to be WillD /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

what are the units, and what makes it "real"?

I'd tend to expect automation to be a big part of it too.

I don't meant ot discredit it, or be one of those folks that nitpicks the details to discredit the entire argument, I just mean there are no details. and I want to understand the phenomena presented and not just the implications it makes.

tbh I think the exploitation of low wage workers is crazy and theers a clear and undeniable trend toward progressively screwing employees for the benefit of the shareholders and execs. at this point it's inexorably tied into the system, to the point that if you cut profitability to improve workers rights or environmental sustainability or anything that doesn't directly translate to more shareholder $$$, they flee to the guy who is making more money and your company is done. It's systemic, and it can only get worse. I think theres some room for market factors to move consumer demands and maybe generate some more money by caring about those things but if it's not more profitable to pay your employees more, nobody will do it, because they can't. Really the only way to ensure fairness is workers advocating together for rights (unionize) which only works if everyone is in it, or legislation. or all out civil overthrow.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account