Re: David Koch

Jimmy Cincinnati /

Regulation is the only way to stop capitalists from exploiting you, i will always favour over-regulation over being used by capitalist pigs.

We know bud, we know.

When your city is on fire, blowing up the dam and flooding it is not really a good option in my opinion. Id prefer a more controlled fire fighting effort. But i see where you coming from... "I can swim, but Im sure not fire proof."

I mean if not voting/government regulation or unionizing and organizing, then short of riots what else we got to combat th inherent corruption?

People can’t afford health care and medicine because profits are more important than peoples fucking lives. The FDA doesn’t set the cost of medical treatment or prescriptions, the pharmaceutical industry sets its own prices. Insurance companies get to choose which of these fall into being covered and generally affects the most vulnerable. I think there needs to be more regulations, more accountability and less chance for people to stack the deck. The most blatant example is: how the fuck do we get an ex-oil lobbyist as the head of the EPA?? Or the head of education who wants to privatize and profit from schools. It is a very corrupt system, capitalism that is, and that corruption goes deep right now. Either we need to tighten down the regulations, force out corporate lobbying and political corruption or we need a revolution.

Jimmy Cincinnati /

I mean if not voting/government regulation or unionizing and organizing, then short of riots what else we got to combat th inherent corruption?

I vote...

Sounds like the start of a good discussion. There are things we could do. Its not a discussion of getting rid of every regulation, union, or governing body but more of a discussion of how we get them back on track to where we are seeing effect results.

People can’t afford health care and medicine because profits are more important than peoples fucking lives.

Yup, i agree.

The FDA doesn’t set the cost of medical treatment or prescriptions, the pharmaceutical industry sets its own prices.

True, but they certainty dont make it easy or cheap to get new forms or cheaper means of medication on the market. What happens when a manufacture has no competition?? Prices skyrocket.

Insurance companies get to choose which of these fall into being covered and generally affects the most vulnerable.

Health Insurance costs are out of control for many, many reasons. The insurance companies for sure have dirty hands, but they are not the sole reason.

I think there needs to be more regulations, more accountability and less chance for people to stack the deck.

I would actually say that there probably are additional regulations we need however there are also many we need to revoke.

It is a very corrupt system, capitalism that is, and that corruption goes deep right now.

We are not capitalist, its hard to blame a system for our problems when it hasnt been that for a very long time. I think you guys look at regulation as a means to regulate the wealthy. I see how they use regulation to limit the people. Like you pointed out, having a big oil guy running the EPA will likely result in benefits for him. Any regulation he passes will only help cement their holdings onto the industry and wealth.

Either we need to tighten down the regulations, force out corporate lobbying and political corruption or we need a revolution.

I want the same result as you, i just think we differ on how to get there. If left to you & I to determine how to fix this problem I bet we would actually agree on a lot more than what it seems online.

If we aren’t a capitalist economy then what are we? Basically we are a plutocracy that functions as a republic. Where we elect people to make all the decisions for us and they get to make appropriations of our tax dollars that then come back to get you and I the resources, infrastructure and services we all rely on. I doubt we would agree on much, I am not one to make excuses for why and what we can’t change. If anyone wants to be an apologist for capitalism and greed they are wasting their breath on me.

The systems/organizations in place were ok when there was some morality about most people, when being a greedy at the expense of the less fortunate was looked down on by the majority, there were always people like that, but now it seems to be the norm rather than the exception. The rules are now written/re written by those that they were put in place to protect people from. The revolution idea sounds good but is there a plan in place after the purge? There are simply too many people here to not have some form of government, a system to provide services to people, as there are far too many to have everyone fend for themselves. We really are between a rock and a hard place. I never thought I would live long enough to see it unravel completely, but with the way things have been going over the last 20 yrs especially, I just may, I hope cooler heads can prevail, and decency can win out over greed. With wealth comes responsibility. There is nothing new under the sun, oppress enough, long enough, and heads will roll.

Jimmy Cincinnati /

If anyone wants to be an apologist for capitalism and greed they are wasting their breath on me.

You know what, i think your right. I doubt we would agree as you dont seem to even understand what Im saying.

« Go to Topic — end of thread