Re: Pickle season!

Graham Motzing /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

yeah we got 10 little acres out here, we're not going full prepper or anything crazy but its definitely nice to know that we can make our own food if we have to.

the garden this year was kind of a bummer, it was just part of the yard this spring and i got it in late because of all the wet weather we had. the tomatos are coming in strong but cukes didn't do as well as they usually do. everything is choked with crabgrass and i didn't do a great job of staking up my tomatos so we are loosing a lot of them to ground bugs right now.

i have been doing a lot of reading and learning about soil microecology and stuff, got a lot to learn, we aren't trying to do full blown organic but we aren't using any chemical fertilizers or pesticide. our old garden in milwaukee had been continuously gardened since the early 70's and the soil was absolutely amazing. didn't need any fertilizer and grew the craziest plants. starting from scratch i've got a lot to learn.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account