Re: Noped thumper Kawasaki KE 125

Overpriced Parts /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

> Born to be WillD Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> theyre fine but kinda surprising how fast they aren't. like the ke100 is

> comparable to a dt50 even with twice the displacement, and the carb

> placement with the rotary induction is finicky

I don’t know what or how many Ke100s you had but they’re not even close, any year ke100 will beat a DT 50 like nothing as well as polini, reed or Gila kitted puch that will beat a dt50 for like 7hp with no real low end on a full-size bike doesn’t make for a fast bike,

My yellow yam 1978 dt 125 I got almost brand new was pretty much a tie to a 76 KE 100 at 11 hp

I put a 175 top end on my DT 125 because it was so slow,

A Ke100 carb not finicky unless everything is all corroded,

When you get one of two bikes that were junk to begin with (like you post pretty much every bike you get is) it’s so much different/your opinion is different then someone like me who had, worked on or ridden several that were low mi, low years and in like new condition like almost every small motorcycle/Moped I liked to buy

So my opinions are based on good shape bikes not junk not sitting under a ripped tarp for 25 years (with the exception of a puch moped sitting outside for years because they’re so robust)

Ya nowadays because everything is overpriced junk I don’t buy much,

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account